“Good Times, Food and Beer” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Raleigh, NC
“Good Times, Food and Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Was on a recent business trip in the area and went to Dogfish for dinner based on the tripadvisor reviews. I was eating alone that evening so I wanted a place that had a bar that I could sit down and have dinner. The place was crowded but I was able to find a place at the bar almost immediately. I didn't have to wait long for the bar tender to ask me what I wanted to drink and if I wanted a menu, despite being very busy. His service was excellent and friendly all evening. I had a couple of their IPA's which were excellent. I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. The portions were generous and everything was very well prepared and absolutely delicious. I ordered the Thai wings and the Mahi Mahi tacos. I could see myself returning on my next trip to Fairfax.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“One of our favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Come here for the food, drinks, and atmosphere. We always have a good time when we are here. It's tradition for us to visit and discuss when there is a big decision that needs to be made. The crab soup and onion rings are delicious. Can't go wrong with fish sandwiches, burgers, wings, mac & cheese, brats, or Reuben. They have live music and there is now outdoor seating. We love this place and stop by whenever we have the chance.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Centreville, Virginia
“Great food, great service, great in-house brewed beer. FUN FUN FUN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

After my 7th evening here in the past 10 months, I think the atmosphere is super upbeat with great service, large bar area and there is always a big dinner crowd, so come early. Last February, I saw a line outside during a snowstorm. The menu is very tasty & eclectic, not the usual bar fare (LOVE THOSE RIBS). The in-house brewed beers are the best in the area. They have a variety of live bands (Classic Rock/Oldies/Blues) on the weekends that always get the crowd rockin' (after dinner of course). This establishment is giving Sweetwater Tavern strong competition. Lotsa fun here!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Always a Favorite!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Come here for the beer, stay for the food! The beer here is, of course, fantastic, but the food is also great. I've never tried anything here that I didn't like, and the service is always good too. Whenever my husband and I are in the area, this is always on our list of places we have to go.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Great beer! food a little pricey... but good none the less”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This place seems to be always hoppin'. The name is very recognizable for beer lovers so I was not surprised. The beer was delicious as always. I thought the food was average, but the prices seemed to be very high for what it was. I am sure it has something to do with the location in Fairfax, VA and the recognizable name of Dogfish Head Ale. Overall, I recommend going here for at least a beer. Long live the 90 minute IPA!

• Visited July 2012