“Clean Elegant Indian Food” 4 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #80 of 339 restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Indian
Fairfax, Virginia
“Clean Elegant Indian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Too often, we have been to Indian restaurants that had great food but middling to bad ambiance. Masala Wok is a refreshing change from this type of restaurant. With its bistro-like feeling we liked the dining ambiance. The food had both vegetarian and meat based choices. We liked the positive combination of food and ambiance and the fact that the restaurant is down the road on highway 29 in Fairfax.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Dumfries, Virginia, USA
“Yummy Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I don't know about you, but I had never heard of this restaurant before. At first glance the site might appear to be closed - it has mirrored glass but one day I saw people coming out and I rushed in! First let me say, the restaurant is VERY neat and clean. The menu is easy to read and the employees are very helpful - in case you need help deciding what to order. I'm a vegetarian, but they have lot's of dishes with meat. My favorite item to order is the Basil Fried Rice. Great taste, lots of fresh vegetables and OH MY GOD, they give you a ton of food. I have yet to eat the entire amount. I seldom get thru half and it makes for great leftovers - because it comes in a reheatable plastic container. I usually go online and place my order, so I can get in/out quickly, but I have also dined in and there was never much of a wait - and YES, you still get a ton of food. The way the restaurant works is, you place and pay for your order, then take a seat and they bring the food to your table. There are only 2 locations (Fairfax and Herndon) - sure wish there was one by my house (Woodbridge), but the Fairfax location is near my job, so it works out fine for me. Do yourself a favor and try this restaurant. The food is really good and the price really can't be beat...all dishes are under $10.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“Very yummy Indian/Asian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've been here several times and have always enjoyed the food. Our usual favorites are the Butter Masala (Butter Chicken) and Tikka Masala, and recently we tried the Korma Masala, which was also VERY good. We also tried the Manchau soup during our last visit, which became an instant "new favorite." The restaurant always looks clean, and food is made fresh to order. The only minor complaint I may have is that service (mainly at the cash register) is sometimes slow. But I can recommend this place for a quick and tasty meal.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Good Indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is an interesting take on Indian food, and delicious! For those people who have never tried Indian, this is a good entry point. Much of the menu will appear somewhat more familiar, and you'll know what you're getting.

Visited May 2012
“Try the Manchu soup”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

I just tried that it was great Indian Chinese restaurant.