“Didn't stay here and never will” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12104 Monument Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Didn't stay here and never will”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

I made reservations at this hotel last fall. Our travel plans changed and I cancelled the very next day. They charged my credit card even though I had a cancellation number. I had to go through their corporate offices to get a refund. Imagine my surprise when I had a charge on my credit card for April 16.2010. I was not even in Va. at the time. They said someone had used my credit card and address and phone number. I wonder who. I had to cancel my credit card and go through a mess and still haven't rec'd a credit. A warning to the wise.

Stayed April 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

We had sold our house and we needed to stay somewhere for a few months while we waited to buy another house and we found this hotel. The location is perfect and the staff is extremely friendly and accomodating. The price is extremely cheap and the room is clean and a pretty good size with a sleeper couch and stove and refrigerator in the room. Other hotels cost a lot more and they had an extra charge if you stayed under 6 months but this hotel doesn't charge any deposit, no credit check and no utilities. Don't trust the other reviews which were posted more than a year ago, because they're definitely not accurate.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

I was first exposed to this hotel when I got to virgina, I was originally going to stay with my boyfriends' parents but this hotel seemed nice. The staff here were quite bland, I had room service like every five days..mind you, you're supposed to get it everyday. My boyfriend and I found a what looked to be like bed bugs. The forks and knives were quite dirty. The staff wasn't exactly attentive to it. And one morning we were woken up to and Ambulance and about four police cars. My boyfriend and I ended staying with his mother for the rest of the stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

We checked into our room that was filthy. The bathroom floor had long dark ladies hair all over! The toilet did not flush. The rugs were not vacuumed and the mattress had stains on it! There were candy wrappers near the wall by the dirty and I mean dirty sofa. The room also smelled of very pungent food. The front desk staff except for the woman manager are not very friendly and there are a lot of suspicious people staying here. Not very safe. Stay Away!!! Also, the intenet is very slow. I spent over an hour cleaning the room and it is still nasty. Also, there was blood on one of the towels that they gave to us that was supposed to be clean. There are also ants in the bathroom too! I don't know where they got the name Homestead Suites, because I sure did not feel at home there. Please stay away!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Manager20190, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this review, October 29, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Annandale, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

OK for price, best in area for what it is, smaller than most "suites". All rooms have their own "aroma". Close to beltway

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

This hotel was so nasty, I had to leave out three days before checkout. I had white spots on my blanket and didn't discover it until the next day! I am sick thinking about it. My sister was eaten by bedbugs and you needed shoes to walk on the carpet it was so moist and nasty. Please see pictures and find you another hotel!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Hampton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

On Friday, May 29, 2009, I stayed overnight at the Homestead Studio Suites Hotel in Fairfax, Virginia, a suburb of Washington, DC. Homestead is one of a half-dozen brands operated by Extended Stay Hotels. Really, it is not a hotel at all. It is a motel if there ever was one. A large, sprawling two-story building, all rooms with exterior access, no amenities, no lobby. The rooms are small, plain, motel-type rooms with small kitchenettes – hence the "studio" moniker. I booked through AAA, which gave it a 2-star rating. The rate is cheap, however, at about $60, and I would have been satisfied if they hadn't towed my car away, at a cost to me of $175, plus $15 taxi fare to collect it.

How it happened is this. I returned to the place at 1am to find the single strip of parking spaces on my side of the building entirely full except for several unoccupied "handicapped" spaces. My room was on the near end of the building, second storey, and there were no spaces anywhere within sight or reasonable distance. So I parked in one of the handicapped spaces, reasoning that there were several available and it seemed unlikely any handicapped people would be checking in at that hour. Also, I was planning to leave early the next morning. I don't have a handicapped tag, though I am 63 and have bad knees. The sign warned of a possible fine, but not towing. But in the morning, at 7:30, my my car was gone. The desk clerk showed me a post-it note left at the desk – a car fitting the description of mine had been towed, with the name of the towing company.

When I phoned the manager, he claimed that a handicapped person checked in at 2:30 am and complained about my car in the space. He said they had to have the car towed or face a possible lawsuit. The 'hotel' had made no effort to contact me, the reason for this, he said, was they didn't have my car information on file. (It turns out they don't ask for that information, they leave it to the guest to provide it 'voluntarily.') They had other options, however. According to the manager they had a 63 percent occupancy that night, so they could have provided the complaining person with another room close to an unoccupied parking space. Or they could have offered the guest the use of one of three spaces reserved for check-ins, which were right next to the space I occupied. And they could have left a warning note on my car. The manager struck a righteous pose: I, not the hotel, had done wrong; he had been assured by 'corporate' that the hotel was in no way legally liable.

A footnote: At 7:30 Saturday morning when I looked out and saw my car was gone there was no one parked in that space or in any of the spaces nearby. It seems that many of the guests, handicapped or otherwise, are occupying the rooms for very short periods of time.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks

Address: 12104 Monument Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks)
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, BookIt.com and Extended Stay so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Hotel Fairfax
Homestead Studio Suites Fairfax

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.