“Cleanliness not a priority here” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12104 Monument Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #16 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
gardeneer
“Cleanliness not a priority here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

The office staff were great--tried very hard to accommodate us. First room, bed was broken and tub had water in it. Second room--not cleaned. Third room--bathroom had dirty linens. Finally Fourth room was moderately clean. Housekeeping staff needs to care about getting the rooms clean. We had a bad experience--hope it was somehow just a fluke.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Extendedstay, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this review, November 6, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly saddening and please accept our sincerest apologies on behalf of the entire management and staff.

Customer service and clean rooms are two main elements that we strive for and we demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system in regard to your room. Upon hearing your review of the property, we have set new guidelines to enforcing that these systems are adhered too and management have met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we must improve.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction and making strides to change the hotel for the better. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area and give us the chance to show we’ve changed.

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
southington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

My self and a coworker stayed at this hotel. My room had a rodent dropping in the bed and dirty dishes.The carpet was filthy and bed sheets dirty. My friends room had ants and a broken burner on the cooktop. The "high speed internet" is very slow and they will ban you if you use too much bandwidth. So forget games or youtube videos. Also the channel selection is bare minimum. The hotel was cheap and the location is great for a washington commmute compared to other extended stays in the area but it isnt worth it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Manager20190, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this review, April 10, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2008

Was shown 2 rooms and was very disappointed , rooms were not clean, smelled, and the bed was terrible . Did not stay.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2006

This was pretty much the roach motel. There were spiders in the shower, and a cockaroach lived in the lobby. They don't change the sheets if you are not there for more than seven days, and you have to beg to to get towels from the limited housekeeping service. The rooms also smelled strongly of cigarette smoke, and the internet was broken for the entirety of my four night stay. There are so many places you could stay around Fairfax that would be so much more pleasant. Don't stay at the homestead suites

Stayed June 2006
Reston, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2004

Stayed here for several days during a relocation trip. This property seems a bit cramped. Rooms open to the outside so felt security might be an issue. You are walking distance to the area mall and a handful of restaurants are across the street. While I experienced no specific problems and in a pinch would stay there again, there are better choices in the neighborhood though for a bit more money.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks

Address: 12104 Monument Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks)
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #16 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Hotel Fairfax
Homestead Studio Suites Fairfax

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.