Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12104 Monument Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #17 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
New York
“Excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed here for ten nights. The furnishings are a bit basic and dated, but the staff and location more than make up for it. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. It's right in the middle of the action in Fair Oaks - easy walking distance to the mall. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Rob D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to send your comments about your stay with us. It makes me so happy to hear how our team was able to make your stay so enjoyable. We are so happy we could serve you and look foward to your returning when you are in the area!

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Shenandoah, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The nicest staff. Now I didn't see any prostitutes(don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing) but I saw a lot of people who work hard getting a good night's rest. I found the rooms comfortable. It wasn't loud and it was peaceful. It is close to everything.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rob D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your positive comments.It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed our Hotel and the surroundings. I can't thank you enough for choosing Homestead and we look foward to your next stay with us.
Royersford,PA.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had an enjoyable stay at Homestead Studio Suites. A kitchenette with a refrigerator was included, along with dishes and everything you would need for a SATISFACTORY STAY. It was quiet and I liked the layout of the place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the kind comments. It is so nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I know you have so many choices of where to stay and I want to thank you for choosing Homestead
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Homestead suites allows prostitutes stay and work in there suites. Different men coming and going all through the night and early morning hours. Did not get any sleep and it was very loud and disgusting.

• Stayed March 2013
Rob D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

wonderful staff,great service,freindly and accomodating!it's like home away from home and it is close to the mall,shopping centers and restaurant's movie theatre's and is close to washington d.c., buses and the metro railway system which wil take you to the d.c. mall to visit all the monuments,lincoln memorial, washington monument, veitnam vetrans memorial, arlington cemetary and the nations capitol building as well as the martin luther king memorial statue!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear John,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share you comments about your stay at the Homestead Studio Suites in Fairfax.

I was very pleased to read how well the team is doing in creating a "home away from home" experience for you. As I manager I get to see the wonderful things they do on a daily basis taking care of all our guests. Your comments let them know our guests recognize this as well.

Again, Thank you for your feedback and if there is anything I can do for your during your stay, please let me know.

Best,
Sofia Kehayias
Area Operations
Extended Stay Hotels - Fairfax/Fair Oaks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I am relocating from Denver, Colorado to take on a new job in the D.C. area. I am very pleased with my first week at Homestead Studio Suites in Fair Oaks. When I made my reservation, the gentleman on the phone searched for ways to help me with price since I was in financial difficulties--he asked me if I was a member of AAA, which I am, and he was able to give me a break on the room price, which I much appreciated. When I checked in at 1 AM this past Monday, a glitch with processing my debit card wouldn't let the full weekly amount be charged. The night desk person kindly allowed me to charge only $250 and I paid the remainder a couple of days later. Next day, I needed to copy and fax a lot of "onboarding" materials to my new employer, and the desk staff was very cheerful and accommodating to support me through multiple transmissions. The cleaning crew was great later this week--they laid out my toiletries very neatly on a clean towel in the bathroom, making my messy gear very attractive. They also left me an extra box of tissues, seemingly having read my mind that I would like that, which I did! All in all, I feel the staff members of the Fair Oaks Homestead really do care about me--like family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Chuck,

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that my front desk team was accommodating and attentive and that our housekeeping team added some personal touches on your cleaning days. It is these simple gestures that make an impact with our guests and what sets our hotel apart from our competitors.

Best,
Sofia Kehayias
Area Operations Manager
Extended Stay Hotels Fairfax - Fair Oaks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Long Term Stay from April to August of 2012. Very well maintained older property in the heart of Fair Oaks, Fair Lakes area. Close to route 66 and route 50 with great access. Rooms are very quiet with good sound insulation. Convienient to nearby shopping and Theater Complex.
Grounds have mature landscaping and are very well lit at night. The Staff and Management are very responsive and attentive to detail.

From the Area Manager - Sofia Kehayias, Site Manager - Alex Daas, Front Desk (Millie and Sabhir) to the very polite Maintenance and Housekeeping Staff; I was impressed by their competence and attention to their duties. On-site Maintenence were frequently seen cleaning A/C units, repairing refrigerators, power washing walkways. Housekeeping were always attentive, polite, and kept the units I saw very clean. Whenever I requested something - a replacement coffee maker, service to my refrigerator, reimbursement for a malfunctioning washing machine, extra linen; it was always done promptly and without question.

While staying here for an extended period I saw the staff respond quickly to some tricky problems. Machines breakdown, Drains backup, Stuff happens. The difference is how you deal with it. They responded very well. I would stay here again. I recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Building #1 is closest to Laundry Area. Shopping and Walking are very pleasant in the immediate area...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel and for recogizing the efforts of our staff, especially Sofia, Alex, Millie and Sabhir. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks

Address: 12104 Monument Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks)
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #17 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Hotel Fairfax
Homestead Studio Suites Fairfax

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;