“Definitely a home away from home.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12104 Monument Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Fairfax, Virginia
“Definitely a home away from home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I am relocating from Denver, Colorado to take on a new job in the D.C. area. I am very pleased with my first week at Homestead Studio Suites in Fair Oaks. When I made my reservation, the gentleman on the phone searched for ways to help me with price since I was in financial difficulties--he asked me if I was a member of AAA, which I am, and he was able to give me a break on the room price, which I much appreciated. When I checked in at 1 AM this past Monday, a glitch with processing my debit card wouldn't let the full weekly amount be charged. The night desk person kindly allowed me to charge only $250 and I paid the remainder a couple of days later. Next day, I needed to copy and fax a lot of "onboarding" materials to my new employer, and the desk staff was very cheerful and accommodating to support me through multiple transmissions. The cleaning crew was great later this week--they laid out my toiletries very neatly on a clean towel in the bathroom, making my messy gear very attractive. They also left me an extra box of tissues, seemingly having read my mind that I would like that, which I did! All in all, I feel the staff members of the Fair Oaks Homestead really do care about me--like family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Chuck,

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that my front desk team was accommodating and attentive and that our housekeeping team added some personal touches on your cleaning days. It is these simple gestures that make an impact with our guests and what sets our hotel apart from our competitors.

Best,
Sofia Kehayias
Area Operations Manager
Extended Stay Hotels Fairfax - Fair Oaks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Long Term Stay from April to August of 2012. Very well maintained older property in the heart of Fair Oaks, Fair Lakes area. Close to route 66 and route 50 with great access. Rooms are very quiet with good sound insulation. Convienient to nearby shopping and Theater Complex.
Grounds have mature landscaping and are very well lit at night. The Staff and Management are very responsive and attentive to detail.

From the Area Manager - Sofia Kehayias, Site Manager - Alex Daas, Front Desk (Millie and Sabhir) to the very polite Maintenance and Housekeeping Staff; I was impressed by their competence and attention to their duties. On-site Maintenence were frequently seen cleaning A/C units, repairing refrigerators, power washing walkways. Housekeeping were always attentive, polite, and kept the units I saw very clean. Whenever I requested something - a replacement coffee maker, service to my refrigerator, reimbursement for a malfunctioning washing machine, extra linen; it was always done promptly and without question.

While staying here for an extended period I saw the staff respond quickly to some tricky problems. Machines breakdown, Drains backup, Stuff happens. The difference is how you deal with it. They responded very well. I would stay here again. I recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Building #1 is closest to Laundry Area. Shopping and Walking are very pleasant in the immediate area...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel and for recogizing the efforts of our staff, especially Sofia, Alex, Millie and Sabhir. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Good for price, no bugs that I saw. Place wasn't that clean. There for three days and they didn't clean my place once. Overall it was fine.

Stayed July 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks. It is with great pride that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates. We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why we work hard to provide them with the exact service they expect. As is true of most extended stay hotels, we offer scaled back housekeeping service. We also offer additional daily housekeeping service for a nominal charge. Functioning in this way allows us to provide all guests with the number of housekeeping services that best suits them. I do regret, however, that we were not able to make this clear to you before you booked your stay with us. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Lynchburg, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed one night. I arrived at midnight or else I would have tried to find a different hotel. The bed was very soft and the sheets did not have a fresh smell. But worst of all were the bugs -- I only saw one bug before I went to bed but in the morning there were several in the bathroom and kitchen areas. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Just an awful place. Only good thing was the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day.
ridgecrest,, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

i stayed from april 12 to 19 the toilet was stopped up from saturday am until mionday am. no repair people worked on the week-endsl it was suggested i not put any paper in the toilet as there were always problems. walmart bathrooms were 2 miles away. they also said i could work on it as the plunger was under the kitchen sink. (it wasn't).

then they were to send me a free night. haven't seen it yet.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Blacklick, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

The Hotel is in a great location right next to Fair Oaks Mall, Nordstorm Racks, Barnes & Noble, Starbucks, Old Navy, Ravens Theater, & down the street from Whole Foods. The Hotel manager Alex Daas is awesome as well and train his employees to uphold the highest level of customer service. Plus it's affordable so I simply loved this place :-)!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Antonio,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Abilene, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

HSS here in Fairfax is perfectly located for a visitor or visting family; restaurants, Mall, outlet mall across the street...great place to stay! Staff is always there to help in any way. Good bargain!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks

Address: 12104 Monument Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks)
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Hotel Fairfax
Homestead Studio Suites Fairfax

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.