“Simple, Clean, Inexpensive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12104 Monument Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Sterling, Virginia
“Simple, Clean, Inexpensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

We got a last minute deal. $47 for a night. The room was simple, and clean. Kitchenette looked decent. If you're looking for a no-frills place to stay, this would work just fine.

The only issues I had were that the pillows were too thick and only 2 of them. Also, you could hear doors opening and closing along with cars starting for people leaving in the morning.

Room Tip: Go to the hotel website looking for late deals
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

The reception desk clerk, Nash was most helpful and since the reservation was through hotels.com he provided me with free wireless Internet access rather then the usual $5 rate. The room was clean and comfortable and when I had difficulty with the room thermostat Nash offered to change my room. The heat did come on after a few minutes and all was fine. I stayed for one night and was completely satisfied with Homestead and based on the $70 price from hotels.com I plan to use them in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

My stay was great all because Hasan being such a professional. Customer service was great, that what I look for, nice and clean room and great price. Thanks again Hasan for bring helpful and just a down to earth guy.

• Stayed September 2010
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

I made reservations at this hotel last fall. Our travel plans changed and I cancelled the very next day. They charged my credit card even though I had a cancellation number. I had to go through their corporate offices to get a refund. Imagine my surprise when I had a charge on my credit card for April 16.2010. I was not even in Va. at the time. They said someone had used my credit card and address and phone number. I wonder who. I had to cancel my credit card and go through a mess and still haven't rec'd a credit. A warning to the wise.

Stayed April 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

We had sold our house and we needed to stay somewhere for a few months while we waited to buy another house and we found this hotel. The location is perfect and the staff is extremely friendly and accomodating. The price is extremely cheap and the room is clean and a pretty good size with a sleeper couch and stove and refrigerator in the room. Other hotels cost a lot more and they had an extra charge if you stayed under 6 months but this hotel doesn't charge any deposit, no credit check and no utilities. Don't trust the other reviews which were posted more than a year ago, because they're definitely not accurate.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

I was first exposed to this hotel when I got to virgina, I was originally going to stay with my boyfriends' parents but this hotel seemed nice. The staff here were quite bland, I had room service like every five days..mind you, you're supposed to get it everyday. My boyfriend and I found a what looked to be like bed bugs. The forks and knives were quite dirty. The staff wasn't exactly attentive to it. And one morning we were woken up to and Ambulance and about four police cars. My boyfriend and I ended staying with his mother for the rest of the stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

We checked into our room that was filthy. The bathroom floor had long dark ladies hair all over! The toilet did not flush. The rugs were not vacuumed and the mattress had stains on it! There were candy wrappers near the wall by the dirty and I mean dirty sofa. The room also smelled of very pungent food. The front desk staff except for the woman manager are not very friendly and there are a lot of suspicious people staying here. Not very safe. Stay Away!!! Also, the intenet is very slow. I spent over an hour cleaning the room and it is still nasty. Also, there was blood on one of the towels that they gave to us that was supposed to be clean. There are also ants in the bathroom too! I don't know where they got the name Homestead Suites, because I sure did not feel at home there. Please stay away!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Manager20190, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this review, October 29, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks

Address: 12104 Monument Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks)
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and BookIt.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Hotel Fairfax
Homestead Studio Suites Fairfax

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.