“Mostly good but one rude employee” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12055 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy, Fairfax, VA 22033   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
New York
“Mostly good but one rude employee”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2014

I stayed here for a few weeks with some coworkers for a work project. The location and room were good but one of the front desk employees ("Millie") was rude. While we were sitting in the lobby, we would see her talking on her cell phone on personal calls while ignoring guests who arrived at the front desk. She doesn't talk to guests nicely or say the usual courtesies that we might hear from the other employees (thank you, sir, maam). Whenever we asked for something, she acted like it was a hassle to get it for us. We wouldn't stay here again just for that alone since after a hard day working no one needs that. Most of the other employees like Osman (great) and Naranjan (also great) were nice and helpful but that one seemed like such a bad apple.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am happy to read remarks about my staff members Niranjan and Usman. However, I am very sorry that Millie was not able to deliver the same level of service. Please accept my apology. To uphold our company's high standards, we will be training and having staff meetings on providing quality service moving forward. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dcf@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2014

I can't compare this hotel to super awesome 5 stars hotels but I have a good time and no complains. They have been very friendly to me and made favors to me that I didn't expect to have done to me, like they printed some stuff I needed, gave me extra things, etc. They have been friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014 via mobile

Great staff, great clean rooms in would definitely stay there again.. I like the customer service you get here, specially Millie and Ashish.. Always available to help with anything you need..love this place!! HOME AWAY FROM HOME!!!

• Stayed November 2014
North Port, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

We checked in to the hotel on Friday afternoon ... strong, very strong, smell of smoke in the room. While looking around we saw that someone had been ashing their cigarettes in the drawer of the night stand and all over the telephone. We hung our things up and went down to go over for the rehearsal for my sons wedding. We stopped at the front desk to ask someone to clean it up. He assured it would be done ... it wasn't.

We were too tired to worry about it. The next day was my sons wedding. Of course, it was crazy busy. Nobody ever came to clean our room at all. No fresh towels, no made beds. We were checking out early Sunday so I just slept and left.

I'd never stay here again!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, December 5, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the smoke smell and the ashes from cigarette is truly regrettable. Please accept our most sincere apologies for not following through soon enough. We are very sorry for your experience. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is working with housekeeping team members to provide a fresh clean room. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dcf@extendedstay.com.

We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

I being staying at this hotel for over 1 month,The stuff is great... Specially Millie, she makes you feel like at home.. All the stuff here is amazing,great service... Rooms are very clean and accomadating to your needs...I would definitley would recomend this hotel ...

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Fairfax County, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

I was there 4 months from early May to early September the staff at the front desk are always helpful and friendly. Especially Millie she always greats guests with a friendly smile and is always helpful with guests needs.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2014

I would definitely recomended this hotel , rooms are nice and clean, comfortable, kitchen, Great rates and great Staff Very Friendly, .The staff usman and The Manager Ashish Shrestha ,was extremely helpful and courteous. I really always enjoyed my stay in this hotel i just loved it "its great ""

• Stayed September 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
We read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our hotel and staff. We love to hear great reviews like yours. We are glad that you enjoy our great rates and your clean, comfortable room.

Thank you again for posting your review. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall

Address: 12055 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy, Fairfax, VA 22033
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
#10 Business Hotel in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Fairfax
Extended Stay Fairfax
Fairfax Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.