Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall
Ranked #15 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Honestly I was surprised at how good the rooms are. The staff could improve significantly but I am willing to overlook that based on how nice their rooms are and the price you pay for them. The location is not that bad because you got a ton of places to eat near you and it is right on the highway so it is great if you drive but crap if you are planning use public transport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel including our spacious suites at a great value. Still, I’m disheartened to learn that our level of customer service did not meet your expectations. I will meet with our entire staff to review our customer service policies and guest protocol to ensure that you experience is not repeated.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future!

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Merrimack, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

If you are looking for a great value for the price, stay here! I got a deal from booking.com and thought I'd give it a try. First off, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The facilities are (as said in other reviews) limited, but I was going to be pretty busy for the 3 days I was down there, and wouldn't have had much time to use them. The room was larger than many queen rooms I've rented, especially due to the kitchen area. The kitchenette was terrific... two burner stove, FULL size fridge, sink, and microwave, plus coffee maker... all you would need to reduce your "eat out" cost. There's a Safeway very close by too. I asked for a non-smoking room and the room was very nearly perfectly smoke free... the hallways weren't, and the second day some smoke vented into the bathroom. And, during checkout, they didn't give me my value; I had the sheet printed out from booking.com, gave it to them, and they refunded my credit card for the difference. SO... make sure if you got an incredible deal, print out the info.

Room Tip: First floor hallways seemed smoke free.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our friendly, helpful staff, your spacious room and your fully equipped kitchen. Still, I apologize that you encountered the smell of smoke during your visit with us. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
faifax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Im been staying at this hotel for a couple days and i just love it the rooms are clean and the service is great. All the staff are friendly especially Usman and the manager Ashish is very helpful I will always recomend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I did this reservation through secret deal, I was nervous so much bcz it was my first visit to usa, but this hotel was best deal I got and experience was amazing. Its very friendly and located at very good place. Makes it very easy to travel and shopping.

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel's location and the friendly service our staff provided. We hope to see you again soon.
Ames, Iowa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The facilities are a bit limited. No work out facility or swimming pool, although there was another Extended Stay nearby with both, but unfortunately I was using public transportation and didn't have a car. I did run around the surrounding area which was pleasant in the morning and worked out just fine. Refrigerators in both rooms leaked a little bit of water, which I noticed and which was immediately cleaned up. I had been given a smoking room by Priceline but the staff immediately changed it for me as soon as I noticed. The housekeeping seemed a bit lax, I found some pieces of paper on the floor, not all the lights were plugged in, everything was not buttoned up and perfect as I would expect a hotel room to be, but I wouldn't call it dirty. The grab and go breakfast was definitely grab and go. Some fruit, prepackaged muffins, coffee, and granola bars were about the extent of it. The staff was the highlight of my stay. They were incredibly helpful and extremely responsive to every request or comment I made, even giving me free bottles of water and refunding my money when the vending machine ate it.

For the value and the staff, I would definitely stay again, and especially as an extended stay option, I think it would be a good choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Rob - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for the kind comments about our hospitality; however, I apologize our housekeeping services did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to ensure you are provided with a clean room while you are our guest. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at dcf@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Easley, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

What a great place to stay! My room was nice and comfy, very clean, couldn't hear my neighbors, TV was nice and big. Free internet was a little intermittent at times, but that was really the only problem I had. Sara at the front desk was absolutely amazing - it didn't matter what I needed, she produced it like a magician! I will definitely be staying at this hotel next time I go to the DC area!

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such a wonderful things about our hotel and staff. I am proud of our team for providing you home away from home experience. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I booked a hotel here, and ended up getting bit by fleas. I understand that this hotel allows pets; however thoroughly disappointed with the cleanliness. I believe this hotel used to be a smokers hotel, as my room smelled funny, and so did the pillows.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I apologize that the level of cleanliness in your room did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests are provided with a clean, comfortable room. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously. We will coach our team to provide better service and clean rooms in the future.

I hope that you will contact me directly, at dcf@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall

Address: 12055 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy, Fairfax, VA 22033
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
#13 Business Hotel in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Extended Stay, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Fairfax
Extended Stay Fairfax
Fairfax Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.