“Smiling Faces Greet You!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12055 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy, Fairfax, VA 22033   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Easley, SC
“Smiling Faces Greet You!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

What a great place to stay! My room was nice and comfy, very clean, couldn't hear my neighbors, TV was nice and big. Free internet was a little intermittent at times, but that was really the only problem I had. Sara at the front desk was absolutely amazing - it didn't matter what I needed, she produced it like a magician! I will definitely be staying at this hotel next time I go to the DC area!

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such a wonderful things about our hotel and staff. I am proud of our team for providing you home away from home experience. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I booked a hotel here, and ended up getting bit by fleas. I understand that this hotel allows pets; however thoroughly disappointed with the cleanliness. I believe this hotel used to be a smokers hotel, as my room smelled funny, and so did the pillows.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I apologize that the level of cleanliness in your room did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests are provided with a clean, comfortable room. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously. We will coach our team to provide better service and clean rooms in the future.

I hope that you will contact me directly, at dcf@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were looking for a place to stay as we were moving. The location was convenient for us. The staff, especially, Rishi & Sara, were helpful and friendly. We needed help setting up the room for my husband, who is confined to a wheelchair. Rishi went out of his way to make things work for us. We would have enjoyed a wider selection of TV channels. The price ($2.00 per load) seemed excessive for doing laundry. Still, we are grateful for having a clean, safe place to stay for just over 3 weeks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Terry - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the services we provided. One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is not a newly remodeled hotel. The staff is wonderful and the property is clean, but if you are looking forward to a newly remodeled hotel you will be disappointed. The Grab and Go breakfast apparently closes when they want to close it. It was coffee, packaged muffins, oatmeal, fruit and breakfast bars

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Mona - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff as well as the level of cleanliness throughout our entire property; however, we apologize for not communicating our grab and go breakfast start and end times properly. This is offered every morning from 6:00am to 9.:30am.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dcf@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Henderson, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is more like an apt with a lobby, but the price is right for a person or family on a budget.

the good: 1. The shower pressure is awesome and the water HOT. 2. Great location at Fair Oaks Mall. 3. Full kitchenette, so you can dine in and eat healthy. 4. There is a grocery store right across the street, and lots of restaurants and mall right there. 5. The front desk staff were very nice and really made me feel welcome and valued. They have a basket up front so you can ask for things you might have forgotten, including popcorn! ;) 6. There's grab and go breakfast: includes coffee, muffins, bars, oranges, apples, and oatmeal packages. 7. Free wifi that worked great on my iPad. 8. Nice flat screen tv with show time. 9. Pool, but no hot tub. 9. Easy parking

This place is not for those accustomed to Marriott or Hilton. There's no maid service (without extra fee) unless you are there more than a week, and then it's once a week. There is no toiletries. The AC / heater is manual (no thermostat). You have to ask for more linens. And my fridge made noises that gave me nightmares, but that could have been just my room.

So, if you are staying just a night or two, it would be a great value. If you are staying longer and like to be more pampered, you should spring for the Bigger chain hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Doreen - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate you letting us know that the refrigerator in your room was creating some noise. We are sorry for this disturbance, but are happy to read that we provided you with great service that you can expect (and deserve) from all of our hotels.

Thank you again for sharing all of your feedback and please contact me directly at afimowicz@extendedstay.com if there is anything I can do for you. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

It was fun staying in extended stay America,i felt like home.Front desk was very cooprative, friendly,room service was good,free car parking.
i will recommend you guys this hotel if you are having vacation with your family this would be your final destination.
Najam Abbas

Room Tip: The best thing about this location is this is so quiet that you ll love it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rob D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I am so happy your family enjoyed our Hotel. The rooms are perfect with the full kitchen! Thank you so much for taking the time to share the nice comments. We are looking foward to seeing you next time you are in the area
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Recently renovated, so super clean rooms. Really worth the money. Grab-and-go breakfast is not great though. Two types coffee, packed muffin and some oatmeals/bars. Very close to the Fair Oaks mall. Staff was helpful too. Laundry needs quarters, which will be provided at the reception, but sometimes they will run out of it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rob D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your comments. I am so happy you enjoyed our staff and location. Thank you so much for choosing us and we hope to see you again when you return to the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall

Address: 12055 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy, Fairfax, VA 22033
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
#11 Business Hotel in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Fairfax
Extended Stay Fairfax
Fairfax Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.