“Nice employees...good rate” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall

Best prices from these 8 sites
Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Henderson, Nevada, United States
“Nice employees...good rate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is more like an apt with a lobby, but the price is right for a person or family on a budget.

the good: 1. The shower pressure is awesome and the water HOT. 2. Great location at Fair Oaks Mall. 3. Full kitchenette, so you can dine in and eat healthy. 4. There is a grocery store right across the street, and lots of restaurants and mall right there. 5. The front desk staff were very nice and really made me feel welcome and valued. They have a basket up front so you can ask for things you might have forgotten, including popcorn! ;) 6. There's grab and go breakfast: includes coffee, muffins, bars, oranges, apples, and oatmeal packages. 7. Free wifi that worked great on my iPad. 8. Nice flat screen tv with show time. 9. Pool, but no hot tub. 9. Easy parking

This place is not for those accustomed to Marriott or Hilton. There's no maid service (without extra fee) unless you are there more than a week, and then it's once a week. There is no toiletries. The AC / heater is manual (no thermostat). You have to ask for more linens. And my fridge made noises that gave me nightmares, but that could have been just my room.

So, if you are staying just a night or two, it would be a great value. If you are staying longer and like to be more pampered, you should spring for the Bigger chain hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Doreen - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate you letting us know that the refrigerator in your room was creating some noise. We are sorry for this disturbance, but are happy to read that we provided you with great service that you can expect (and deserve) from all of our hotels.

Thank you again for sharing all of your feedback and please contact me directly at afimowicz@extendedstay.com if there is anything I can do for you. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

It was fun staying in extended stay America,i felt like home.Front desk was very cooprative, friendly,room service was good,free car parking.
i will recommend you guys this hotel if you are having vacation with your family this would be your final destination.
Najam Abbas

Room Tip: The best thing about this location is this is so quiet that you ll love it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rob D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I am so happy your family enjoyed our Hotel. The rooms are perfect with the full kitchen! Thank you so much for taking the time to share the nice comments. We are looking foward to seeing you next time you are in the area
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Recently renovated, so super clean rooms. Really worth the money. Grab-and-go breakfast is not great though. Two types coffee, packed muffin and some oatmeals/bars. Very close to the Fair Oaks mall. Staff was helpful too. Laundry needs quarters, which will be provided at the reception, but sometimes they will run out of it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rob D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your comments. I am so happy you enjoyed our staff and location. Thank you so much for choosing us and we hope to see you again when you return to the area.
Charleston South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The rooms are clean, well maintained and modern. The staff are fantastic, friendly and helpful.
They remember your name in the morning and say hello when they see you.

When you are travel on very long trips these kinds of things really do make a difference and I really appreciate their extra effort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rob D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for talking the time to share your comments with us. I agree. It is so nice when you are away from home to have someone call you by name. I am so glad we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. Please come back to us when you are in the area again.
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this location for over 1 month while looking for a permanent place to live in the area. The staff was consistently friendly. The location was very convenient to work and highways. Lots of shopping, eateries, a mall, grocery stores etc. nearby. The accomodations were comfortable and clean. I enjoyed having a refrigerator, cooktop, dishes and flatware provided. The Grab and Go Breakfast with coffee, muffins, oatmeal, cereal bars and fresh fruit was nice on rushed mornings. I would stay here again!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Rob D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review on Tripadvisor. I can't tell you how happy I was to hear you comments about how much you enjoyed your stay. We look foward to seeing you when you are in our area next time.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding and phenomenal service by Srey and Rishi... Location is great, and area is clean an quite, and big parking lot. Close by the mall. Very friendly staff... Very convenient location, clean room, comfortable bed...

• Stayed February 2013
Rob D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our Hotel and employees. we do our best to make your stay enjoyableand it seemswe did so in your case. Please visit us again when you are in the area.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

When traveling you cant always see the hotel before you stay, so it can be a bit of a gamble. I booked at this particular hotel because it was near where I had to be in Washington in the price range I was looking for. When I came into Washington the hotel was a little hard to find at first because it was extremely foggy, but my GPS helped me. I was tired after a long journey and was looking forward to my rest for the night. The front desk was pleasant and I felt at home right away with the person behind the desk. His name was Gonpo and he ended up being extremely nice during the times he was there. I originally booked for one night, but due to schedule I was more than happy to book for three more nights. Anything that I asked during my stay, including mapquest directions when my GPS couldnt break through the clouds was given to me. In other hotels I might have annoyed the front desk for I almost requested to change rooms when I needed a room with no neighbors as I need to practice the violin during the day. I was able to change rooms if I needed but it turned out I didnt need to because I was informed that the walls are very thick. I think any guest who decides to stay here will enjoy the privacy, and the complimentary snacks during breakfast (in the front desk area). The rooms are clean, and comfortable. You can not go wrong staying at this location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Philip,

Thank you very much for the wonderful comments!

I was very happy to hear all the wonderful service Gongpo and the team of Extended Stay Fair Oaks provided you during your stay. I truly believe that great customer service is what seperates our hotel from our competitors.

I look forward to having you stay with us again should your travels bring you through the Fairfax area.

Best,
Sofia Kehayias
Area Operations Manager
Extended Stay Hotels - Fairfax/Fair Oaks

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall

Address: 12055 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy, Fairfax, VA 22033
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
#11 Business Hotel in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Fairfax
Extended Stay Fairfax
Fairfax Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.