“Great Location, Great Staff and Great Long Term Hotel Period” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12055 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy, Fairfax, VA 22033   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great Location, Great Staff and Great Long Term Hotel Period”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I am currently staying at this Extended Stay at Fair Oaks Mall and I got to tell you this is one of the best places to stay if you are considering to stay for a long time. The staff at this location are excellent, friendly and very attentive. Usman is very friendly and works hard to make sure I am doing well and periodically checks on my stay to make sure if I needed anything and what not. Salman is excellent as well and Gonpo is really nice and friendly all the time. The hotel is newly renovated and is very clean and if I needed to stay at the hotel for a long term again in the future, this will definitely be my choice without a question. Thanks to the staff at this Extended Stay for taking care of my while I am there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Ryan H:

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why our team members Usman & Salman are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Fairfax - Fair Oaks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I needed a hotel at very short notice and found the staff at Extended Stay most helpful, Salman in particular found us the right room. When we arrived very early in the morning he accommodated us and our bags full of groceries! The location is excellent, right across from Fair Oaks mall. All the rooms are very clean and newly refurbished. We are staying in the 1 bedroom king which is very comfortable. The staff are always willing to help and are incredibly friendly. I would recommend this hotel to families, businessmen, tourists staying for one day or four months.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Humera,

Thank you for your great review of the property and the staff. I'm so pleased to hear that we not only met but exceeded your expectations. I have shared your comments with Salman as well as the rest of the team. Feedback from our guests is such an important tool in letting us know how well we are doing as well as recognize those who go above and beyond to make the guest experience a memorable one. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Fairfax/Fair-Oaks
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel for approx 2 months. We were told the Hotel had been freshly renovated
my first impression of the room was that everything looked new. it hads its problems, The alarm
clock would loose 1.5hrs a day I couldn't get a wake call because there was no phone in the room. I asked the front desk for a phone, but was told they didnt have any available. When the phones did come in they handed me a box. I had to put the phone together pull the bed away from the wall to plug it in. There also was no towel rack for towels. they would set the fresh towels on top of the toilet. The fan in the bathroom was hanging down without a cover. The cover for the light in the kitchen area was on top of the cabinets. I had a leak in my bathroom ceiling for 3 days,I informed the front desk that there must be a broken pipe in the room up above, and that my bathroom floor was getting flooded. I was told that maintence was off for the weekend, and they handed me towels to throw on the floor. I know all Hotels have problems, and I can deal with the little things. The Staff was excellent. They would do anything for you that was in their power. My biggest complaint was house keeping. My shower curtain at the bottom was full of black mold it didnt get changed until I complained, and when they changed it they cleaned my room, and left the tub dirty.I told the front desk, and they cleaned my room again. The counter tops or tables were never cleaned even though I made sure to have everything off them so they would get cleaned. There was trash under the bed from the prior tennants. Would I stay there again? ( Yes.) I was told that management had a long talk with housekeeping. If they get housekeeping under control it would be a Excellent Hotel, but right now I would classify it as a MOTEL.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear P L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that our housekeeping service was anything less then expected. Please accept my apology. Since your comments, I have worked diligently with the housekeeping department holding daily meetings, training and inspecting all rooms. I am also working with the entire team to ensuring we not only meet our guest expectations, but exceed them. We continually work to improve our hotel. I really appreciate any opportunity we receive from comments such as yours that help me to work on all areas of improvement and to also focus on improvements where our guests specifically mention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at skehayias@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Extended Stay Hotel - Fairfax/Fair Oaks
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at the hotel one night and I have to say even though it was for one night it was a very pleasurable experience. Very clean hotel and the room was great, all amenities. The front desk staff went out of their way to take care of all my needs, even printed important documents for me. All around an excellent hotel and great staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Washington, D.C. - Fairfax-Fair Oaks. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for more than 4 months and I can honestly say that their staff is excellent and do whatever they can to help the guests especially the manager Jasmin. The hotel itself was a very good place for me to stay and I really enjoyed it even with the construction process going on te staff went over and beyond to make the guests comfortable. I recommend this hotel to family, friends and coworkers if they ever needed to stay in a hotel for a long period of time and feel like being home.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Fairfax. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall

Address: 12055 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy, Fairfax, VA 22033
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
#10 Business Hotel in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Fairfax
Extended Stay Fairfax
Fairfax Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.