“Excellent Staff/Poor Housekeeping” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Greenville, South Carolina
“Excellent Staff/Poor Housekeeping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel for approx 2 months. We were told the Hotel had been freshly renovated
my first impression of the room was that everything looked new. it hads its problems, The alarm
clock would loose 1.5hrs a day I couldn't get a wake call because there was no phone in the room. I asked the front desk for a phone, but was told they didnt have any available. When the phones did come in they handed me a box. I had to put the phone together pull the bed away from the wall to plug it in. There also was no towel rack for towels. they would set the fresh towels on top of the toilet. The fan in the bathroom was hanging down without a cover. The cover for the light in the kitchen area was on top of the cabinets. I had a leak in my bathroom ceiling for 3 days,I informed the front desk that there must be a broken pipe in the room up above, and that my bathroom floor was getting flooded. I was told that maintence was off for the weekend, and they handed me towels to throw on the floor. I know all Hotels have problems, and I can deal with the little things. The Staff was excellent. They would do anything for you that was in their power. My biggest complaint was house keeping. My shower curtain at the bottom was full of black mold it didnt get changed until I complained, and when they changed it they cleaned my room, and left the tub dirty.I told the front desk, and they cleaned my room again. The counter tops or tables were never cleaned even though I made sure to have everything off them so they would get cleaned. There was trash under the bed from the prior tennants. Would I stay there again? ( Yes.) I was told that management had a long talk with housekeeping. If they get housekeeping under control it would be a Excellent Hotel, but right now I would classify it as a MOTEL.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear P L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that our housekeeping service was anything less then expected. Please accept my apology. Since your comments, I have worked diligently with the housekeeping department holding daily meetings, training and inspecting all rooms. I am also working with the entire team to ensuring we not only meet our guest expectations, but exceed them. We continually work to improve our hotel. I really appreciate any opportunity we receive from comments such as yours that help me to work on all areas of improvement and to also focus on improvements where our guests specifically mention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at skehayias@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Best,
Sofia Kehayias
Area Operations Manager
Extended Stay Hotel - Fairfax/Fair Oaks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at the hotel one night and I have to say even though it was for one night it was a very pleasurable experience. Very clean hotel and the room was great, all amenities. The front desk staff went out of their way to take care of all my needs, even printed important documents for me. All around an excellent hotel and great staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Washington, D.C. - Fairfax-Fair Oaks. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for more than 4 months and I can honestly say that their staff is excellent and do whatever they can to help the guests especially the manager Jasmin. The hotel itself was a very good place for me to stay and I really enjoyed it even with the construction process going on te staff went over and beyond to make the guests comfortable. I recommend this hotel to family, friends and coworkers if they ever needed to stay in a hotel for a long period of time and feel like being home.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Fairfax. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall

Address: 12055 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy, Fairfax, VA 22033
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
#11 Business Hotel in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Fairfax
Extended Stay Fairfax
Fairfax Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.