“Great Place to Stay on a Tight Budget” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Los Angeles County
“Great Place to Stay on a Tight Budget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Candlewood suites is a great place for extended stay on a tight budget. The staff is very friendly and helpful. What seals the deal is that they have free internet, cable tv, and a kitchen in every room. They also have free washing machines and dryers. I have stayed at this location for the last three summers ('08-'10) and plan to return next summer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fairfax, Va
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Candlewood have had a national account with a utility company for years. The utility employees who stay there make a lot of noise preparing their equipment in their rooms. Sometimes all night. Candlewood refuses to do anything about it and tells customers who complain that they always have the option of moving out. Avoid Candlewood Suites anywhere in USA if you want a good nights sleep. The utility company emplyees stat at Candlewood all over the USA.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
As the General Manager of the Candlewood Suites, I want to ensure Every Guest recieves a good nights sleep. After all, if we cannot provide that, we have failed in one of our most basic missions.
We do have many repeat customer accounts, and I apologize to this guest if any noise complaints were not addressed to their satisfaction. These groups are adult professionals and have always conducted themselves in a courtious manner and must believe this was an isolated incident.
If any issue should occur durring a guest stay, I encourge them to notify the front desk immediately and speak with our manager on duty. Should your concern not be addressed to your satisfaction, I am available 24/7 should you need my assistance by simply requesting to speak to the general manager. Thats my job, I am here for you !
My #1 priority is to Ensure your stay meets or exceeds your expectations.
If the guest who submitted this survey would like to contact me, please call 703-359-4490 ext 7800 between the hours of 7am and 5pm Mon - Fri. I would sincerly appreciate the opportunity to address your comments.
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Fairfax, VA from February of 2010 until my checkout date during the second week of August. I had intended on staying at the Candlewood Suites for a period of three months while I looked for permanent housing. However, I ended up staying for another two and a half months because of the excellent service provided by the staff, the great location, and the excellent rates. Abraham, the weekend front desk manager, provided excellent service at all times. Abraham was always willing to go "the extra mile" to provide outstanding service and information regardless of the hour.....always provided with a smile and the utmost courtesy. Dave, the manager, and Princess, front desk staff, were also very helpful and friendly at all times. Glynette, the sales manager, went above and beyond the expected service when she brought me an edible arrangment along with a get well card signed by the staff when I had a stay in the hospital. That, along with other actions by the staff, really made me feel like the staff was looking out for me.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

Candlewood Suites Fairfax proved to be an excellent way to for my wife and me to re-enter Virginia life after a multi-year overseas tour. The hotel is busy and popular, convenient to shopping and key highway links, and only a short drive to Wegmans supermarket. The staff is friendly and helpful, and handled our requests with a smile, finding us a larger suite on short notice for our extended stay, and cheerfully coping with our changing plans.
The laundry room was particularly useful over 30 days, and the staff cheerfully provided clean linen upon request. While the decor is plain, the rooms are comfortable, and having TVs in bedroom and lounge was convenient. The free internet connection is somewhat limited in bandwidth, but adequate for email and surfing. Faster paid options are available, but the free option was capable of supporting a corporate VPN connection satisfactorily.
If this establishment is typical of Candlewood Suites, we would definitely use Candlewood again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
oakton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

We had a wonderful stay. The rooms are nice, as are the amenities (especially the grill). But what sets this place apart is the helpful staff. Manager Dave Monroe and his staff Abraham, Princess, and the other Dave. We recommend this hotel highly. Easy access to a variety of stores and eateries. Try the Korean Bar-B-Q at Seoul House down the street, and don't miss Wegman's for a superb high-end market.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I was passing through on my way to NJ, decided to stay at this Hotel, I arrived to the Hotel late almost to the time they close the Business Center, I asked the schedule and the Guest Service Rep. said he will keep it open for me until I could come back down after taking my luggage to my room, very nice gesture, I really appreciated, I purchased some snacks and ice cream, watched some tv and had a good night sleep, after a long day that exactly what I needed, it was a great stay, next morning I felt rested and ready for another day Thank you so much for your hospitality.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

My wife and I scheduled a trip to Washington D.C. for the first week of July and were looking for a hotel that was quiet and comfortable. I must say that this hotel fit the bill nicely. From the greeting when we arrived to the daily smiles and good morning(s) from the staff our entire stay (4 nights) was a pleasure. The hotel was convinient to the Metro for sightseeing in Washington and there were any number of restaurants in the area at night for dinner. I would gladly stay here again if I were to visit the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!