“Giving some feedback” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Giving some feedback”

To whom it may concern,

I booked a one night stayed at the Candlewood Suites Fairfax Hotel. I was greeted by a lovely receptionist named Sonia. After traveling for so many hours on my flight it felt great being greeted with a smiling face and a wonder attitude.
I felt very welcomed and she was able to show a sense of urgency to get me on my way. I stay at hotels 2-3 times a week and by far the best experience i've had.
If it couldn't get any better, I was in a huge rush the next morning and forgot my prized possession. My laptop! I was freaking out. I was all the way back home in Charlotte when I realized.
I called the Hotel and to my surprise Sonia was working and knew all about it. She even joked about it with me, and made me feel at ease. Unfortunately I wasn't able to come back into Fairfax until another 2weeks. In that time Sonia Managed to keep it stored in a safe place and when I came in to pick it up it was jus like I left it.
I just really want to share my experience and let you all know what a important role she plays in your company. I'm an IHG member and I prefer to stay at other locations but as long as Sonia is around, I don't mind staying at this location.
Truly a great person!!!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The evening Front Desk Clerk, Sonia, was very helpful and friendly during the several stayed weeks I stayed here. She is very dedicated and approachable, and provides excellent customer service.
Also, the fitness center is better than the other Candlewood's I have stayed at in other parts of the country.

Room Tip: The rooms on the north side of the high way are adjacent to the freeway, so there can be traffic noi...
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'd like to thank the hotel staff for being very hospitable and liked to thank Luis for letting me borrow his phone charger, poor guy was willing to go in the middle of the night to his car just to lend me his charger. Great place, 2 thumbs up. I'm coming back soon.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
Roses, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Kudos to Vanessa for keeping calm and smiling through a difficult shift. Working alone on a night with a full house and a severe thunderstorm, and a lobby full of guests waiting for her attention, Vanessa worked patiently to accommodate requests and treat all guests respectfully. As for the property itself, there are pros and cons. The location is great, very safe and quiet but near major transportation routes (66, 50, 29), walking distance to a small shopping center with a variety of restaurants, one block from a metro bus stop, plenty of (free) parking, clean laundry facilities, a small fitness center, friendly staff, always enough hot water for showers. The rooms are clean but could use an update and the plumbing seems to need an overhaul. Internet service is very slow at times, especially in the evening.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side have nice views into trees.
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Poulsbo, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Fairfax VA. It is in a great location for long term stays. There is a small shopping center within walking distance. The Fair Oaks Mall, Costco and Walmart are less than 10 minutes away. The staff at the Candlewood Suites were fantastic during our stay. Sonia was very helpful whenever we needed any assistance.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Abingdon, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First, I was very pleased to not be in the city and around all the noise and traffic. This hotel is located in a residential area and gave it a much less "business" feel. This was a very clean and quiet hotel. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff was nice and helpful. The grounds were well maintained. Overall the it was a good stay.

Room Tip: This was a suite so it had a little living room area for a little more space.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2015

I travel quite a bit for business which means I spend many nights in hotels. Candlewood Suites Fairfax is located far enough off the beaten path as to avoid some of the DC/Northern VA traffic. Yet it remains central enough to make finding a meal an easy task. The front desk staff, Brenda was kind, courteous and welcoming. The room was immaculate and very thoughtfully stocked with everthing neceessary to meet a traveler's needs.

I will request administrative staff to always book our stays at Candlewood Suites Farifax when business brings our attorneys to the area. It's nice to be treated like you are at home, especially when you have to be away.

Room Tip: I prefer the third floor. The front desk staff, Brenda, was courteous enough to ask and all I had to...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!