“more tha what i expected !!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“more tha what i expected !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

i booked a room last minute online on friday night, my husband and i were coming from different states and he was going to arrived earlier than me. i called the front desk and i spoke to Ibraham, he was so nice and explained me that my husband could check in earlier if i wasnt there(keys left at a box in the entrance).after that i called him at least 5 times because i couldnt find the hotel and he explained me step by step how to get there. Excellent customer service !!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear NasaEd
Thank You for taking the time tp write a review for us on Trip Advisor. Your comments and opinions are very valuable to us. Im glad we were able to serve as a suitable base during your 6 day stay, and hope you consider us again in the future on any return visits t the DC area.

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Santa Barbara CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We spent 6 nights there with my sons family in a nearby room. We were family sightseeing in DC.It was recently repainted, was very clean, and had plenty of amenities: decent workout room, free laundry, barbeque areas, fully furnished kitchenettes, free coffee etc. Only issues were very minor--the drain for the A/C plugged but they were quick to fix it and dried the carpet, the hot and cold were reversed on all the water faucets but that was easy to figure out. We were on the first floor and never heard anything through the walls, but the herd of elephants above us were occasionally annoying. Wouldn't hurt to spend some money on soundproofing the ceiling. There are plenty of good restaurants, groceries and malls nearby and it's about three miles miles from the Metro park and ride so its a 5 minute drive and 15 minutes by metro to the tourist attractions without driving into DC. Very friendly staff, plenty of replacements towels if you want and an honor pantry with food and toiletries no more expensive than a 7-11 Will stay there again--but this time I will get a room on the third (top) floor.

Room Tip: Back rooms face I-66 so best bet is third floor front for max quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Werti
Thank you for writing your review on Trip Advisor. Ibraham is on of our susperstars, and Im glad he was able to guide you in when you were lost and make you and your husband feel welcome. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future, and feel free to contact me should you have any questions
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time staying in an extended stay so I was a little nervous about it. However, Ibrahim and the staff are super nice and accommodating. Even though they have over a hundred guests walking in and out, they often greet you by name. Free internet is ok for youtube and email but can be bogged down in the evening and weekends when everyone is using it. Room has everything you need including cookware, silverware, and even a dishwasher. Room is very clean.Free laundry and gym that is open 24/7 despite the sign outside saying it closes at 10pm. If I stay in the area again I would choose Candlesuite Fairfax in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Ntekteem
Thank You for taking time to write a review for the Candlewood Suites Fairfax. Even though this was your first extended stay experience, we are glad that you found it to meet your needs. We greatly appreciate your comments and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future !
Manassas, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We took a staycation and booked a hotel for some faux getaway time. What I like about Candlewood is that its like an apartment- stovetop range, pots, pans, dishes, and a sink were a great addition to the room. The room itself was clean and well kept, I just wish the walls weren't so thin, the floor didn't shake when you walk on it, and the check in/out system was more efficient. Essentially we had to call for someone to come to the little desk each time. The DVD player didn't work, and the collection of movies to watch was outdated VHS's but it was charming I guess. Overall, for the price, it was a great find on short notice and I cant expect the world. Just putting in my two cents!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Kimberly
Thank You for your review of the Candlewood Suites Fairfax. Im sorry your Stay Vacation was not al that you hoped for, please accept our apologies. If you would be willing to give us another try, contact me directly at 703-359-4490, ext7800. I would love to talk to you further about your experience and offer you a one night stay on the house.
Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is one of the best and all time great stays; Close to the the Whitehouse and Downtown area close to the Nutley Fairfax subway system; Get to the Downtown area in just 30 minutes. Okay Fairfax a great established area that's wonderful to stay in great food ; The Candlewood has been fitted with brand new carpet in the rooms and down the hall fresh paint and great service. They bend over backwards for you here. Folks all the Candlewoods are pretty good but you have to stay here once in your life anyway; Shopping in walking distance great food all over the place and walk to the grocer store and hear the wonderful birds sing their songs. I was there last week and went Downtown to meet with the whos who of Washington D.C. and cant wait to get back to my second home. The rates are great you are in the safe hands in Fairfax and all of Washington D.C. go visit your Nations Capitol and do yourself a favor and visit the France of the U.S. Its a great time and costs very little because WHY Everything is free , free , free . Ask not what your Country can do for you but what you can do for your Country". Its close to Downtown you can drive , you can walk , you can ride a bike there .

Room Tip: try to get into a suite that's my favorite High ceilings and a separate bedroom
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear James
Thank You for your glowing review of the Candlewood Suites Fairfax. My team and I appreciate your endorsement, and will strive to meet and exceed the high level of service that you had experienced during your stay.
While we are not perfect, I am privileged to serve with a dedicated team that is focused on providing the best possible service that are able to provide.
here
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Candlewood Suite group, as a whole, is always to be counted on as a great place to hang your hat for a day or two. However, the Candlewood Suite in Fairfax Virginia is by far the most accommodating I have had the pleasure of staying in. As expected, the facility was top notch, clean and comfortable, and as always the coffee pot is on. No they do not have the typical hotel breakfast, which I tend to pass up after the second day anyway; one can only digest so much cardboard during a trip, but the business center, complimentary laundry, and great exercise room more than make up for it. These are the most important while on the road anyway.

The Candlewood Suite facility by itself would be nothing but a pile of bricks if not for the fabulous staff I encountered. From the GM David Monroe, the manager Shenee, the front desk staff Abraham and Theresa, and the most courteous housekeeping staff encountered to date, which I am sorry that I didn't get her name; these people make the Fairfax Candlewood Suite the top notch facility it is.

If ever in the Fairfax area, or even close, it would be worth the drive to experience what real hospitality truly is. Thank You all for a wonderful stay. Anthony W and family.

Room Tip: The rooms on the parking lot side tend to not have any traffic noise at all.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Anthony
Thank You so much for your review of our property and team.I couldnt have written a better testamonial myself if I had tried, especially regarding breakfast offerings at other brands. With our in room kitchens, in every room, and plenty of local grocery stores including Wegmans, you can eat what you want, when you want it !
A special thank you for recognizing my team, without whom, this hotel would not be the same. They make my job a whole lot easier, and truly enjoy making our guests feel at home !
We look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future !
Dave Monroe
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The customer service has gone down dramatically. I came there and waited for 10 minutes before someone showed up to the front-desk to service me. I left my dress pants in the room after check-out and called back a day later to see if anyone has seen it...they said they'd check on it and call me back. Another day later, no one called back. I called back again to ask, they said they haven't checked it yet and they'll call me when they do. 3 days goes by, I called again, they said no one has seen it or even checked. They, simply, don't give a crap anymore since they already took my money. They didn't realize that i'm not a one-time visitor, but I've been there 10-15 times. They lost me as a customer for good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Michael
My sincerist apologies for the lack of communication on the part of our team regarding the loss of your pants. Please contact me immediately, Im certain we can find a solution that will remedy this situation immediately.

Dave Monroe

Been to Candlewood Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!