“A Plesant Stay In a Busy Town - With Wonderful Foks” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
here
“A Plesant Stay In a Busy Town - With Wonderful Foks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Candlewood Suite group, as a whole, is always to be counted on as a great place to hang your hat for a day or two. However, the Candlewood Suite in Fairfax Virginia is by far the most accommodating I have had the pleasure of staying in. As expected, the facility was top notch, clean and comfortable, and as always the coffee pot is on. No they do not have the typical hotel breakfast, which I tend to pass up after the second day anyway; one can only digest so much cardboard during a trip, but the business center, complimentary laundry, and great exercise room more than make up for it. These are the most important while on the road anyway.

The Candlewood Suite facility by itself would be nothing but a pile of bricks if not for the fabulous staff I encountered. From the GM David Monroe, the manager Shenee, the front desk staff Abraham and Theresa, and the most courteous housekeeping staff encountered to date, which I am sorry that I didn't get her name; these people make the Fairfax Candlewood Suite the top notch facility it is.

If ever in the Fairfax area, or even close, it would be worth the drive to experience what real hospitality truly is. Thank You all for a wonderful stay. Anthony W and family.

Room Tip: The rooms on the parking lot side tend to not have any traffic noise at all.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Anthony
Thank You so much for your review of our property and team.I couldnt have written a better testamonial myself if I had tried, especially regarding breakfast offerings at other brands. With our in room kitchens, in every room, and plenty of local grocery stores including Wegmans, you can eat what you want, when you want it !
A special thank you for recognizing my team, without whom, this hotel would not be the same. They make my job a whole lot easier, and truly enjoy making our guests feel at home !
We look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future !
Dave Monroe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The customer service has gone down dramatically. I came there and waited for 10 minutes before someone showed up to the front-desk to service me. I left my dress pants in the room after check-out and called back a day later to see if anyone has seen it...they said they'd check on it and call me back. Another day later, no one called back. I called back again to ask, they said they haven't checked it yet and they'll call me when they do. 3 days goes by, I called again, they said no one has seen it or even checked. They, simply, don't give a crap anymore since they already took my money. They didn't realize that i'm not a one-time visitor, but I've been there 10-15 times. They lost me as a customer for good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Michael
My sincerist apologies for the lack of communication on the part of our team regarding the loss of your pants. Please contact me immediately, Im certain we can find a solution that will remedy this situation immediately.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Transitional stay
I relocated to the DC metro area ,and stayed at the candlewood suites. EVERYONE at the front desk was very hospitable and service oriented. In particular, Jimmy has gone above and beyond to accommodate me throughout my stay, and especially at check out. My stay was very pleasant assigned from some technical issues. The front desk employee are amazing and are true representation of great customer service representative!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear GiGi
Thank you for your review and praise for the Team. I am truly fortunate to work with such a great group of people. They truly enjoy what they do and are committed to providing our guests with the best service possible. I will pass on your comments, especially to Jimmy, he is doing an outstanding job and deserves recognition !
Dave
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

As a travel nurse, I am required to spend an extended period of time away from my home base. I am currently on my second 13th week contract. My living arrangements has always been with Candlewood Suites. The rooms are clean, the location is great, and safety is not a concern!

In addition, the customer service is beyond great. In particular, Abraham, at the front desk, goes beyond the call of duty. From my check in time to my time of departure, I can count on him to be courteous and upbeat at all times. He genuinely cares about the needs of all the guest and always strides to make the stay as comfortable as possible. I have witnessed his calm demeanor in resolving customer compliants in a respectful manner. It is because of him that I continue to book with Candlewood Suites for the durations of my contract and why I refer this establishment to my traveling agency

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Tammy
Thank You very much for your review and your comments regarding safty and security at the Canldewood Suites Fairfax. We greatly value the comments of all guests, but know it is our Long Term guests who have a sense of our day to day operations. We especially enjoy the privilage of serving as your home away from home, and the opportunity to get to know guests such as yourself. As you pointed out, Abraham has a true talent for serving people, and his efforts are greatly appreciated by management and fellow team members alike !
Feel free to conatct me at anytime should you have any additional needs that my team members are not able to address, or just to chat, thats the best part of my job !
Again, Thank You for being our guest, you are appreciated !
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Candlewood Suites has become my second home, This particular location has thee greatest staff you could ask for. I can be a pain in the butt when it comes to nit-picking and they are always so accommodating, Front Desk Employee Jimmy has been nothing less then amazing and patient with my boyfriend and I! Reserving my next night as I type!! Wouldn't choose a different hotel if staying in this location if I were you!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Brooke
On behalf of my entire team, thank you so much for your review ! I personally read each and every review and then share with my team. They appreciate as much as I, the comments that we recieve from our guests, and discuss ways in which we might improve our service and product.
Rest assured, we dont view any guests as Nit Pickers,and we are here to help with any need that may arise regardless of frequency !
Thank You for being our Guest, and I hope we can always maintain and improve the level of service that you experienced.
Reagards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The hotel has great customer service as soon as you walk in the door. The front desk has been a great help to me. I am up here on business and don't really know my way around the area, they have been a huge help on pointing me in the right direction. Really well kept hotel inside and out. Jimmy from the front desk has gone out of his way to make sure everything I need is taking care of. I will be booking with candlewood suites again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hello Jimmy
Thanks for the awsome review, I will share it with my team ! Im glad my team was able to help you with directions and providing you with great service in general. Jimmy is our newest team member, so Im especially pleased to see he has embraced our core values so well. We look forward to seeing you back in the future, and should you need anything, at any time, feel free to conatct me personally !
Regards
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was initially put on alert when you have to use a room key to enter the hotel. No sliding doors but a room key and after hours the front desk is gated closed like at the mall. There is no one at the front desk and you have to call this number to get service. That did not make me feel safe.

Also a majority of hotel guests were construction workers and I also found a number of them were openly walking around drinking beer and cursing. The overall stench was of cigarettes, dogs and mold. I didnt feel comfortable walking around with no shoes on because it smelled moldy.

I tried to eat before the sun went down and went straight to my room and stayed in because it didnt seem like a safe hotel to be at alone. When the front desk was present they were nice and accomodating but after dark everyone disappeared. I would not recommend this for a female traveling on business alone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Trilermom82
Thank You for writing your review on Trip Advisor. I regret that your stay did not meet your expectations, and that you left feeling that our property was unsafe. Please let me address your concerns so that their are no misconceptions.
Our main entrance door is an automatic door , but once inside the vestibule, you must manually open the door to the inside. This door is unlocked between the hours of 7am until 11pm. After that time, the door is locked for guest security, and requires a valid room key to enter. If you have any difficulty, the house phone provided in that area allows you to speak with a guest service agent 24 hours a day for assistance.
As with most Candlewood Suites, our Front Desk hours are between 7am and 11pm. Express Check out is available, or if you have any needs, you can reach the Night Auditor who is always available in the office from 11pm until 7am and can be reached by House phone located in the lobby.
While our business mix of guests is constantly changing, we often do have groups of construction workers. Management does expect the same standards of conduct with all guests, and is ready to respond immediately should anyone be seen drinking in public or behaving in a disrespectful manner.
We typically have a broad range of guests at our hotel, often times hosting traveling nurses for extended stays, as well as other professional men and women who frequently return again and again.
Please accept my apologies that I was not able to address your concerns during your stay, and hope that we may have the opportunity to better serve you in the future. Please call the hotel main switchboard and ask for me, and I would be happy to address your concerns further and see what we might do to change your impression about our Great Little Hotel
Sincerely
David Monroe

Been to Candlewood Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!