“Always a pleasure” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Newark, Ohio
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stay here when visiting DC for Rolling Thunder. Quiet location and easy access to all of Arlington and DC. Clean, Friendly and very comfortable beds. The idea of a full range, micro wave and full refrig makes it more affortable to families. Rooms are large and again comfortable. Lots of restaurants in area also. Free WiFi, exercise room and laundry. Only drawback is no pool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Traveling Frank
Thank You very much for your review of the Candlewood Suites Fairfax. Your description of the property and its amenities was awsome ! I think you covered just about everything we have to offer and our proximity to shopping and restaurants. Your most important comment was that our "Staff was Friendly and Helpful" This is our core responsibility and duty to our guest such as yourself, and to know that you were well recieved is the highest compliment you can pay us !
We hope to see your return at some point in the future, and Thank You again !

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at this location for two months while I looked for a more permanent rental. The customer service was the best. Hats off the Ibraham, who was always helpful and very friendly! The rest of the staff were not slackers by any means. Her name is on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember it now for some reason, but the young lady who usually works the desk in the evenings (who is now leaving :-( ) was fantastic as well. She moved me to a new room when the one that I was in originally proved to be a bit too noisy for me, and she was always super-friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Lee Highway. It can get a bit noisy when the hotel is quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear R_BROWN_MD
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites Fairfax. I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback to my team, especially Ibrahim and Angelina, who serve as role models for the rest of my staff. We are glad that we were able top serve as your temporary home durring your perminant home search, and hope that you will always remember we are here for you should a future need arise. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future
Dave.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at Candlewood Suites in Fairfax, VA and loved every second of it. Ibraham Wahba took care of me and treated me at its best . I could not have asked for more. Upon returning home, my friends and family wanted to hear about my trip, and I could not stop raving about my stay.I really enjoyed the best every minute things were taking care for me and when ever i want they help and change my rooms when needed i stayed twice once for 8 weaks and for 4 weaks it was wonderful

My room was immaculate. There was a small kitchen with all of the comforts of home as well as a little welcome surprise in the microwave (a bag of microwave popcorn) which I enjoyed while watching some of my favorite TV shows on the large flat screen, in my PJs, sitting in the wonderfully comfortable bed. and also everything was so clean like we r at house and whenever we need to change bedshheets or anything else it was done in just few minutes without any charge and any question that was awsome

The Candlewood is also conveintly located very close to many restaurants and stores. The weekend was so beautiful, that I even took advantage of walking to several places. like subway dominos etc and fairoaks mall is also quiet near

I have business here one weekend a month, and I am going to reserve a room here for every one of them :)
I really thank them all for their co operation and service they offer thank u is a very smaal word for them i reaaly like their courtesy and service they offer its really awsome thank u

Room Tip: take the room in front of parking lot and not at back side and take on 1st floor its far more better
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Amleisure
Thank you for your kind words of endorsement for our hotel and team. It was our pleasure to serve you and I am thankful your visit left you with such a positive impression !
Our property is especially designed for long term travelers such as yourself. Our facility, while modest, is clean, comfortable and conviently located close to dinning and shopping. Our greatest virtue is our team. They are truly passionate about providing a warm and inviting environment for our guest, and enjoy the opportunity of getting to know our long term and frequent visitors. Ive lost count of how many times Ibraham has been recognized for his ability to wow our guests. I recognize his contributions in ensuring our guests comfort, and utilize his talents and skills as a trainer for my other team members
Its awsome to know that the Candlewood Suites Fairfax is developing a reputation as the place to stay in Northern Virginia, as far away as India !
We look forward to your future visits, and rest assured, you are always welcome here, your home away from home.
Regards
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I spent 6 weeks with my family at this wonderful hotel and enjoyed every minute of them! I was traveling with my husband and daughter for my new baby delivery and we selected this hotel because of its proximity to the hospital, but ended up enjoying so many more perks than we expected! This place is truly a great value for money - the rooms are very well furnished, comfy and clean (the bed is extremely comfortable), the cable tv is great, the bathrooms are immaculately clean and the kitchenettes very functional (with full size fridge and dishwasher). What is more they have a full gym on site and complementary laundry facilities, which is particularly useful for long stays. The location of this hotel is also great as it is within walking distance of many restaurants, a movie theater and a Walmart. All the staff at this hotel are extremely friendly and helpful and having stayed with them for over 6 weeks they became like family to us - they even bought us a gift for the new baby after delivery which was incredibly sweet of them all. It was great to see a fellow Egyptian, Abraham, on the team and he was particularly helpful and supportive throughout our stay, assisting with anything that he could. We truly enjoyed our stay at the Candlewood Suites and would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting the area, whether for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear SarahElSafty
On behalf of my entire team, Thank You for your warm endorsement of the Candlewood Suites Fairfax. One of the benefits of working at an extended stay hotel, is that we truly do get to know our guests. I encourage all of my team members to treat our guest as family, which is one of Abrahams greatest strength ! We were happy to share in your joyous occasion, and hope that you will enjoy telling her as she grows, that her first home was a Candlewood Suites hotel ! Who knows, she may want to persue a career in hospitality !
If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please dont hesitate to call. It was our pleasure serving you and we look forward to the opportunity to do so again in the future.
Warmest Regards
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks in Candlewood's extended stay pricing and was very happy with the quality of amenities and service, for what was a very reasonable price $79 a night. The bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom excellent and the kitchen facilities pretty good too. All Staff were very welcoming and very helpful and Ibrahim, the weekend manager was very pleasant indeed. The free laundry service was very welcome and reduced potential costs further.
One amusing issue: in the kitchen drawer were two knives, two forks and two teaspoons. No dessert spoons. On asking the staff whether they were missing the answer was "no, we don't provide those". Interesting as cereal is one thing that most overnighters would eat in the morning when breakfast is no provided. Anyway four spoons up at the local K-Mart cost $3.99 but theone wonders why they can't provide them when they are that cheap.
Oh well - quirks of the business but really this was an excellent motel/ suites and I recommend this place to travellers. Location good, amenities excellent, staff very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear 941Bill
We appreciate your endorsement on Trip Advisor.We may not be all things to al people, be we do strive to be consistant at delivering a great value, comfortable bedding,and a welcoming atmosphere for all guests as you have noted.
With so many hotel choices, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Canldewood Suites Fairfax.
Thank you for being our guest, and we look forward to your next visit again in the future !
Gambrills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at Candlewood Suites in Fairfax, VA and loved every second of it. Abraham took care of me and treated me like a queen. I could not have asked for more. Upon returning home, my friends and family wanted to hear about my trip, and I could not stop raving about my stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tracieb55
Thank You for your compliments about our staff and hotel. Abraham is one of a kind, and I am happy he was able to take good care of you. I will share your comments with my entire team, and know they will take great pride in knowing how satisfied you were. We look forward to your many returns, and will do our best to provide you with consistant quality service, every time !
Should you need anything, feel free to contact me at anytime, by calling the hotel main switchboard and asking for extension 7800. It will be a pleasure to hear from you.
Washington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This accomodation is absolutely 5 star. The rooms are spacious clean and well equipped. Location is perfect not far from mall. Access to gym laundry and snack shop. I would like to say a special thank you to Abraham. His customer service is excellent. I will always come back to this hotel every time i visit Washington. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear TigerTiger
Thank you for the compliments you have extended towards our property and its team members. Abraham in particular is frequently complimented for his outstanding service and serves as a role model for our entire team. We are also grateful for your pledge to return whenever in the DC region, we will strive to continue to earn this distiction with you, and all of our guests ! We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future, and appreciate your kind words of endorsement !
Yours Truly
Dave Monroe

Been to Candlewood Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!