“Wonderful Stay at the Candlewood Suites” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Cairo, Egypt
“Wonderful Stay at the Candlewood Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I spent 6 weeks with my family at this wonderful hotel and enjoyed every minute of them! I was traveling with my husband and daughter for my new baby delivery and we selected this hotel because of its proximity to the hospital, but ended up enjoying so many more perks than we expected! This place is truly a great value for money - the rooms are very well furnished, comfy and clean (the bed is extremely comfortable), the cable tv is great, the bathrooms are immaculately clean and the kitchenettes very functional (with full size fridge and dishwasher). What is more they have a full gym on site and complementary laundry facilities, which is particularly useful for long stays. The location of this hotel is also great as it is within walking distance of many restaurants, a movie theater and a Walmart. All the staff at this hotel are extremely friendly and helpful and having stayed with them for over 6 weeks they became like family to us - they even bought us a gift for the new baby after delivery which was incredibly sweet of them all. It was great to see a fellow Egyptian, Abraham, on the team and he was particularly helpful and supportive throughout our stay, assisting with anything that he could. We truly enjoyed our stay at the Candlewood Suites and would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting the area, whether for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear SarahElSafty
On behalf of my entire team, Thank You for your warm endorsement of the Candlewood Suites Fairfax. One of the benefits of working at an extended stay hotel, is that we truly do get to know our guests. I encourage all of my team members to treat our guest as family, which is one of Abrahams greatest strength ! We were happy to share in your joyous occasion, and hope that you will enjoy telling her as she grows, that her first home was a Candlewood Suites hotel ! Who knows, she may want to persue a career in hospitality !
If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please dont hesitate to call. It was our pleasure serving you and we look forward to the opportunity to do so again in the future.
Warmest Regards
Dave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks in Candlewood's extended stay pricing and was very happy with the quality of amenities and service, for what was a very reasonable price $79 a night. The bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom excellent and the kitchen facilities pretty good too. All Staff were very welcoming and very helpful and Ibrahim, the weekend manager was very pleasant indeed. The free laundry service was very welcome and reduced potential costs further.
One amusing issue: in the kitchen drawer were two knives, two forks and two teaspoons. No dessert spoons. On asking the staff whether they were missing the answer was "no, we don't provide those". Interesting as cereal is one thing that most overnighters would eat in the morning when breakfast is no provided. Anyway four spoons up at the local K-Mart cost $3.99 but theone wonders why they can't provide them when they are that cheap.
Oh well - quirks of the business but really this was an excellent motel/ suites and I recommend this place to travellers. Location good, amenities excellent, staff very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear 941Bill
We appreciate your endorsement on Trip Advisor.We may not be all things to al people, be we do strive to be consistant at delivering a great value, comfortable bedding,and a welcoming atmosphere for all guests as you have noted.
With so many hotel choices, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Canldewood Suites Fairfax.
Thank you for being our guest, and we look forward to your next visit again in the future !
Gambrills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at Candlewood Suites in Fairfax, VA and loved every second of it. Abraham took care of me and treated me like a queen. I could not have asked for more. Upon returning home, my friends and family wanted to hear about my trip, and I could not stop raving about my stay.

My room was immaculate. There was a small kitchen with all of the comforts of home as well as a little welcome surprise in the microwave (a bag of microwave popcorn) which I enjoyed while watching some of my favorite TV shows on the large flat screen, in my PJs, sitting in the wonderfully comfortable bed.

The Candlewood is also conveintly located very close to many restaurants and stores. The weekend was so beautiful, that I even took advantage of walking to several places.

I have business here one weekend a month, and I am going to reserve a room here for every one of them :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tracieb55
Thank You for your compliments about our staff and hotel. Abraham is one of a kind, and I am happy he was able to take good care of you. I will share your comments with my entire team, and know they will take great pride in knowing how satisfied you were. We look forward to your many returns, and will do our best to provide you with consistant quality service, every time !
Should you need anything, feel free to contact me at anytime, by calling the hotel main switchboard and asking for extension 7800. It will be a pleasure to hear from you.
Washington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This accomodation is absolutely 5 star. The rooms are spacious clean and well equipped. Location is perfect not far from mall. Access to gym laundry and snack shop. I would like to say a special thank you to Abraham. His customer service is excellent. I will always come back to this hotel every time i visit Washington. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear TigerTiger
Thank you for the compliments you have extended towards our property and its team members. Abraham in particular is frequently complimented for his outstanding service and serves as a role model for our entire team. We are also grateful for your pledge to return whenever in the DC region, we will strive to continue to earn this distiction with you, and all of our guests ! We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future, and appreciate your kind words of endorsement !
Yours Truly
Dave Monroe
State Employee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This property is a favorite when traveling on business to northern Virginia. It is reliably clean and quiet, the price is reasonable, and the amenities include an in-suite kitchenette and a fitness center. Traffic is surprisingly light in the general area, even though there are numerous restaurants and shopping centers nearby. The only real detractor is that it is geared toward long-term stays, which means no daily housekeeping. Staff is friendly and welcoming, although I have experienced a few occasions of having to wait for them to return to the front desk from whatever other duty they were performing. They do allow pets so if you have allergies, or otherwise object to pets, you should look elsewhere. Overall, it's a good value for the money, and I recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank You klbell37 for your comments and endorsement of the Candlewood Suites Fairfax. We are grateful that this is your favorite hotel when traveling to northern virginia, especially since we know we have some very stiff competition. As a team ,we will strive to remain consistant in providing the best possible service and clean facilities for all of our guests.
As always, it was our pleasure to serve you, and look forward to your next visit in the future !
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

They really are so sweet! The rooms are clean and with ample space. There's a little area to purchase sodas and snacks. No bedbugs and the price is great!

The girls who have checked me into the front desk have always been really nice. One time, I wanted some ice but I just checked in so there wasn't any made yet. The front desk girl filled my pitcher for me with ice which I was very thankful for at the time.

Normally I would just give a 4 star. But the front desk staff really earned the 5th star on their own.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Abernathy5
Thank you for all the kind things you said about our hotel. Im glad you found us to be clean, and such a good value but most of all though, I appreciate your comments about the team ! Friendliness is difficult teach, so when we recruit new team members, which is rarely, we look for those qualities in our prospects. Im am truly fortuante that we have a staff that does truly care. We hope to see you back in the near future, so that we can serve you again, and look forward to the opportunity to do so.
Fairfax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Thank you Abranham and your assisting . thank your for provideing good livling place ..We had a good trip !Candlewood Suites Fairfax. The positives - great price, desk in the one bedroom suites is very large! Use of washer and dryer is free, hotel is in the middle of a nice residential community, staff seems friendly and hotel is pet friendly. The Negatives - you only get housekeeping...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you Husan for your kind words about our hotel. Im please Abraham was able to assist you durring your stay with us. Many guests apreciate our quiet residential setting, and the value that comes with staying at a Candlewood Suites. Please tell your family and friends about us, and we look forward to you returning so that we may be able to serve you again !
Dave Monroe

Been to Candlewood Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!