“I want to stay here every time I come to VA!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Gambrills, Maryland
“I want to stay here every time I come to VA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at Candlewood Suites in Fairfax, VA and loved every second of it. Abraham took care of me and treated me like a queen. I could not have asked for more. Upon returning home, my friends and family wanted to hear about my trip, and I could not stop raving about my stay.

My room was immaculate. There was a small kitchen with all of the comforts of home as well as a little welcome surprise in the microwave (a bag of microwave popcorn) which I enjoyed while watching some of my favorite TV shows on the large flat screen, in my PJs, sitting in the wonderfully comfortable bed.

The Candlewood is also conveintly located very close to many restaurants and stores. The weekend was so beautiful, that I even took advantage of walking to several places.

I have business here one weekend a month, and I am going to reserve a room here for every one of them :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Tracieb55
Thank You for your compliments about our staff and hotel. Abraham is one of a kind, and I am happy he was able to take good care of you. I will share your comments with my entire team, and know they will take great pride in knowing how satisfied you were. We look forward to your many returns, and will do our best to provide you with consistant quality service, every time !
Should you need anything, feel free to contact me at anytime, by calling the hotel main switchboard and asking for extension 7800. It will be a pleasure to hear from you.
Dave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Washington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This accomodation is absolutely 5 star. The rooms are spacious clean and well equipped. Location is perfect not far from mall. Access to gym laundry and snack shop. I would like to say a special thank you to Abraham. His customer service is excellent. I will always come back to this hotel every time i visit Washington. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear TigerTiger
Thank you for the compliments you have extended towards our property and its team members. Abraham in particular is frequently complimented for his outstanding service and serves as a role model for our entire team. We are also grateful for your pledge to return whenever in the DC region, we will strive to continue to earn this distiction with you, and all of our guests ! We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future, and appreciate your kind words of endorsement !
Yours Truly
Dave Monroe
State Employee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This property is a favorite when traveling on business to northern Virginia. It is reliably clean and quiet, the price is reasonable, and the amenities include an in-suite kitchenette and a fitness center. Traffic is surprisingly light in the general area, even though there are numerous restaurants and shopping centers nearby. The only real detractor is that it is geared toward long-term stays, which means no daily housekeeping. Staff is friendly and welcoming, although I have experienced a few occasions of having to wait for them to return to the front desk from whatever other duty they were performing. They do allow pets so if you have allergies, or otherwise object to pets, you should look elsewhere. Overall, it's a good value for the money, and I recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank You klbell37 for your comments and endorsement of the Candlewood Suites Fairfax. We are grateful that this is your favorite hotel when traveling to northern virginia, especially since we know we have some very stiff competition. As a team ,we will strive to remain consistant in providing the best possible service and clean facilities for all of our guests.
As always, it was our pleasure to serve you, and look forward to your next visit in the future !
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

They really are so sweet! The rooms are clean and with ample space. There's a little area to purchase sodas and snacks. No bedbugs and the price is great!

The girls who have checked me into the front desk have always been really nice. One time, I wanted some ice but I just checked in so there wasn't any made yet. The front desk girl filled my pitcher for me with ice which I was very thankful for at the time.

Normally I would just give a 4 star. But the front desk staff really earned the 5th star on their own.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Abernathy5
Thank you for all the kind things you said about our hotel. Im glad you found us to be clean, and such a good value but most of all though, I appreciate your comments about the team ! Friendliness is difficult teach, so when we recruit new team members, which is rarely, we look for those qualities in our prospects. Im am truly fortuante that we have a staff that does truly care. We hope to see you back in the near future, so that we can serve you again, and look forward to the opportunity to do so.
Fairfax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Thank you Abranham and your assisting . thank your for provideing good livling place ..We had a good trip !Candlewood Suites Fairfax. The positives - great price, desk in the one bedroom suites is very large! Use of washer and dryer is free, hotel is in the middle of a nice residential community, staff seems friendly and hotel is pet friendly. The Negatives - you only get housekeeping...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you Husan for your kind words about our hotel. Im please Abraham was able to assist you durring your stay with us. Many guests apreciate our quiet residential setting, and the value that comes with staying at a Candlewood Suites. Please tell your family and friends about us, and we look forward to you returning so that we may be able to serve you again !
Dave Monroe
Dallas, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I truly enjoyed the warmth, smiles and hospitality of the front desk staff: Abraham, Teresa, Angelina and Shanae. Thanks for assisting us during our long term stay. There is a small store on the property where guests may purchase snacks or beverages. Although the hotel has kitchen setup within the suite and guests could prepare their own meals it's best for a traveler like me to venture out and purchase my own meals. With that being said, the hotel is approximately 3 - 4 blocks from the Wegmans specialty store and literally a mile or less from two shopping centers with lots of eateries, shoppes and a movie cinema. The hotel is pet friendly so if you prefer not to see 'Fido' on your floor then you may want to look elsewhere for accomodations. The hotel is located near a busy highway so there's lots of traffic once you leave the main street of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear OnTheMovetoo
It was a pleasure serving you as our guest . I will be sure to pass on you kind words to my staff, they take their jobs seriously and will be pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please look us up next time you are passing through, we would love to see you back and try to provide the high level of service you recieved your first time with us.
Thanks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I had a great, pleasant and relaxing long stay at candlewood fairfax. It is simply unforgetable... They have great stuff, especially at the reception with beautiful smiles that make you feel home.
I personally want to thank Mr. Abraham from the front desk for his great support, which added a great value to our stay.
Thanks candlewood
Omar

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Zirri2
It was our pleasure having you and your family stay with us durring your transition. Our goal is to make every traveler feel comfortable and at home. Im pleased to know that my team was successful in their mission, and will be sure to pass on your compliments to them.
Dave

Been to Candlewood Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!