“Home to home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Washington, Virginia
“Home to home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

It was an absolutely amazing experience staying at Candlewood Fairfax. Rooms are just as described on website, extra facilities are very useful, laundry room and fitness centre. Most of all Abraham was extremely helpful polite friendly and proffessional. He was the only member of staff I managed to meet however I'm sure the rest of the staff deliver the same excellent customer service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
On behalf or our entire Team, Thank You for staying with us, it was our pleasure to serve you. Abraham is a fantastic team member, and individual, and is truly representative of the service all of our team members strive to deliver. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again, and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you. We appreciate you writing your comments on Trip Advisor, it helps us get the word out about our Great Hotel and the Team.
Thank You.

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

You cannot find a better place to stay in northern va!!!! I have stayed there on two different occasions and have never been disappointed. Its set in a very desired residential area close to shopping, resturants and the metro. Service if fantastic and they love dogs!!!! The free extras they have are life saving, small mini store with atm, free coffee, free laundry, and a very nice gym, and the most comfortable beds of any place I have ever stayed. The service staff is amazing expecially Abraham who after almost 2 yrs remembered me and my dog, always helpful and professional!!!! Will always stay there when ever I am in DC!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the back of the hotel open up to woods and are very quiet, I love the one bedroom s...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Carol
I hope you are doing well, and thank you for choosing to stay with us again. We sincerly appreciate you posting your comments on Trip Advisor and ythe kind comments you had for our team and facilities. I
Hopefully you are not on the road as much these days, but if you do find yourself back this way, we look forward to seeing you, especially Abraham.

Thanks again for the compliments, and hope to see you again soon
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The Hotel was perfect for an extended 1 week stay while I looked for a new home in the area. It had everything I needed and it was pet friendly. The rate I received was unbeatable.
And that staff was super friendly and accommodating. They even had a customer appreciation BBQ while I was there with Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Beer, and wine.
It was a great stay. I would definitively recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Whatever 007
Interesting User Name !
Thanks for your comments about your stay durring your search for new housing. We have many guests who stay with us durring a transitional period, so we are glad to hear we met your needs and those of your pet. Please think of us should you have family or friends visiting, we would be happy to accomodate them. I will pass on your comments to our team and we wish you well in your new home !
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I spent a night at this hotel and enjoyed every minute of it. Great people, very friendly and the rooms were comfortable. Just loved everything! Thanks for a great visit.I would definitely love to go back, and if I get the chance I will definitely be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear KRuhl
Thanks for your awsome review ! We cant wait for you to come back for a visit, and hopefully be able to impress you again !
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Awesome people taking care of us here! I stayed for over 3 months and everyone at the hotel is top-notch. I stayed with my dog, and they were so nice and patient with us. Everyone from Abraham to Angelina to Dave the GM were great! Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear MCAT
Thank you for your review, we love to hear when our long term guests have enjoyed there stay. I will share your comments with my team who will be happy to know we have made your stay enjoyable. We truly enjoy when guests bring their pets, Im thinking of starting a photo album to show off the names and variety of the Dogs and Cats , and one Turtle that pass through,
We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back our way !
asheville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Very clean and comfortable room. Abraham was most helpful (he even ran out the door to return my wallet which I had left on the counter when checking out). Would definitely return for another visit. Convenient to the subway which dropped us off right at the Smithsonian. Did a bedbug inspection and it came up clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Jimgkiss
Thank You for your compliments and endorsement of our hotel. I have to apologize for taking so long to write this response, but please dont let it deminsh our appreciation for you taking time to write it . I have shared your comments with Abraham, and we are truly fortunate to have such a team member working for us ! We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future, and will strive to consistantly deliver the type of service you have noted every time !
Sincerely
Dave Monroe
Forest Grove, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We wanted to see Washington DC but couldn't justify the prices of staying in the city. After reading other reviews of the Fairfax Candlewood Suites decided that staying there for eight nights would fit just right. It was convenient to the metro train into downtown DC and located close to a mall and lots of places to eat. We had a car for getting around which helped. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms spacious and clean. Prices in advance ran about $100 per night plus tax of about $9.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Pumkinridger
Thank you for your review of the Candlewood Suites Fairfax. We are glad we could provide you a comfortable alternative to the expensive DC hotels. While we do not offer shottle service to the Vienna Metro stop, we are only two exits west on Rt 66 to the Nutley Street station.
Tell your family and friends about us, and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future !
Dave

Been to Candlewood Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!