“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Ashburn, Virginia
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I really enjoyed the room and the staff is great!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
DHMFairfax_Va, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Dear Sherri
We are glad you enjoyed you stay and thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. On behalf of my entire team, Thank You for choosing to be our Guest !

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bear Creek, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I still enjoy staying here very much. Everyone, Abraham, Mohammed, Dave, Shanee, the new lady Flor, the housekeepers, they all make me feel comfortable and at home.
Why stay anywhere else? Great property and location.

Room Tip: I enjoy the first floor facing away from the parking lot, but not facing route 50
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Frank
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor ! On behalf of the entire team, thanks for returning again and again. We strive to provide consistant, quality service, and I am glad we were able to deliver !
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

This has been consistently my favorite home away from home! As I travel the world for my job, I am always in need of a hotel. This has and still is my favorite place to stay. I'm on the road 275 plus nights a year and only have a few favorite stays. This is one of them.
I enjoy the fact that everybody acknowledges me by name, makes sure I have my favorite room, and does all kinds of extra things to make me feel special! That means that the staff really cares about their guests.
The new front desk associate Flor has been a tremendous addition to the staff! On my last trip I had left laundry and she personally took it to my room prior to my next check in because she knew that I would come in with several suitcases and it would make my life easier. Wow! I think this mind set starts with Dave the GM. All his people are instilled with a basic sense of "let's take care of our guests". (I think they should put a plaque on my suite door lol, like "the Lincoln Suite")

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Adam
Thank You so much for your Flattering comments about our Hotel and Team members ! As you should know by now, we not only know your name, but truly enjoy having you as our guest, as well as Frank, Jay and now Paul.
We will see what we can do about naming your suite, or at least putting a mailbox on the wall outside with your name on it.
As always, if you ever should have a problem or need, let me know, we will do our best to address it immediately and make sure you feel at home here !
Thank You again !
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

My husband and I have thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. We found Candlewood on Fairfax Hospital's website for recommended hotels nearby. I had to have gallbladder surgery on Friday and since we live almost 4 hours away the doctor recommended we stay a couple of days. The staff, especially Abraham was very kind! Each staff member always greeted us with a very warm smile. I loved the kitchen in the room and the fact they loan you a toaster oven if need be, which we used! I My husband and I were appreciative they let us use as many pillows as needed. It helped a lot to be propped up when I slept with being sore from the surgery. The "Honor System" store was a nice touch to be able to go in and grab a snack and leave your money in the drop off box. We did not use the fitness center nor the laundry room, nor the video library,, but found it to be very nice that they offered it for free. If we ever need a hotel, I will most definitely look for a Candlewood Suite. I now know why Fairfax Hopsital recommended this hotel, and now I will recommend it, because it was a great place to recover from surgery.

Dear Mrs Aliff
Even though your visit with us was due to a medical condition, I am pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay. I hope your recovery has gone well and we all hope to see you back soon, this time for pleasure.
Thanks for chosing to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon !
Eskisehir, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I came from Turkey as a visiting professor to the George Mason University (GMU) in Fairfax three months ago. Before I came here, I had learnt from my friend at GMU that some other visiting scholars from other countries had accommodated in Candlewood, and that they had been very satisfied from the rooms and services. Now, I have been with my wife in Candelwood since three months, and experienced the same comfort and tranquility. You can find everything in the rooms what you need. We have rested here really well. All the appliance in the kitchen was new; the room was clean and warm. Candlewood is really located in very convenient place in Fairfax. You can commute easily to the shopping centers, shopping malls, university and city center in very few minutes. Candlewood is a very safe place at the same time. As I was working at the university all day, my wife was some times alone in the room, sometimes she went safely for trips at the environment around the Candlewood without fear and disturb.
You can feel yourself in Candlewood as if you were in your home or in a fair side. Because the people mostly stay very long time here, you can be familiar with other people after a while. The staffs are expert in their business. Especially Ms. Flor, the lovely staff at the front desk, is highly professional, cheerful, genial and troubleshooter. She always welcomes the customers in a smiling face. She helped us immediately whenever we needed. The sales and marketing director Ms. Yvonne cared about all our problems while we were staying here. If you plan to stay in Candlewood-Fairfax, I highly recommend you to communicate with her in advance.
My wife and I have been more than happy while we were staying in Candlewood. If we may come to Fairfax in the future, we would like to stay in Candlewood suites again. I will certainly recommend the Candlewood suites to my friends who will come next year as a visiting scholar to GMU. Many thanks to all staffs for your friendships, sincerities and for all things you provided us.

Dear Mr Kuzu
It was our pleasure having you as our Guest. As a visiting professor to George Mason University, we know you had many options for lodging in the Fairfax area. We do belive we offer the best value, and most complete amenities for travelers such as yourself. Not only do all of rooms come with a fully equipped Kitchen, but additional services such as Complimentary Laundry facilities, Fitness Room, Wireless Internet and 24 Canldewood Cupboard differentiate our hotel from a standard transient property
I will share your kind words with my team and look forward to seeing you on any future visits may have planned.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Abraham was very helpful and courteous from the time I called ahead to advise of my arrival time and throughout my stay. His overall demeanor and professionalism made it a pleasure to stay there. I stay regularly at priorty club affiliated hotels and rate my experience here as one of the best.

Room Tip: I made my reservation on line but called the hotel before selecting my room. The staff is very help...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am truly fortunate to work with such a Great bunch of team members, especially Abraham. As our weekend manager, he is asked to wear many hats ! He will ceratinly be happy to hear that he was able to make your stay enjoyable, as am I, knowing that the property is in good hands.
We look forward to serving you on your future visits, and thank you for choosing to be our guest !
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights in early November 2011 mainly because of positive online reviews. I was not disappointed. This a very clean and quiet establishment and the front desk staff are friendly and efficient. My room was spacious and had a full size fridge along with dishwasher and full kitchen equipment (except for an oven).

Onsite gym was a great facility which I used. Easy walking distance to shops, restaurants and bus stops to Vienna and Dunn-Loring metro stations. There is a nearby Giant supermarket 10 minute walk away also. I didn't have a car and did not feel isolated at all.

Price was on a par with other nearby establishments. I recommend Candlewood Fairfax to anybody looking for clean, comfortable and well equipped accommodation.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
On behalf of my entire team, Thank You for your kind endorsement of the Candlewood Suites Fairfax ! We appreciate your assistance in getting the word out about our Great Hotel ! Even though we are an extended stay property, we do welcome all guests, short and long term. And while we may not offer some of the amenities found a larger full service hotels, we pride ourselves on our cleanliness, proximity to shopping and highways, as well as being a quiet facility.
Thank You again and we hope to see you back soon !

Been to Candlewood Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!