“Business & Family Combo Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Business & Family Combo Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

As a frequent traveler, I can strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants an affordable and professional stay. The staff was very friendly and the GM was available if needed.

Room Tip: Price Match
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Thank You for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor ! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Most Hotels delgate the responsibility of reviewing guest comments to subordinate staff members who then analyze and respond to the comments as they feel appropriate. I can assure all guests, that as the General Manager, I personally read and respond to all of our guests comments. I feel it is critically important that I understand how our guest feel about their stay and for me to ensure that they have a positive experience. At Canldewood Suites, the General Manager position is designed to be a visable presence, one that is accessable and able to address any need that the guest may have ! I certainly understand the need in some situations to assign this responsibility to others, but can assure you that this is the most rewarding part of my job ! I have assembled a team that truly loves what they do, serving guests ! As often as I hear positive comments about my team members, I hear my team members telling me how much they enjoy satisfying a guest, even the most demanding !
Thank You again for sharing your comments with us and we look forward to having you visit us again in the future !

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed for about 3 weeks. Staff was able to sneak me in for a very busy month of June. The front desk staff were awesome and very friendly. Would definitely recommend.

Dear MXMYRA
On behalf of my entire team, Thank You for being our Guest and the complimentary comments that you have made ! I am very proud of the Guest Service team that we have assembled, and while I am certainly baised,must agree with your observation that they are "awsome" !
Boca Raton, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

AAA gives it 2*....We give it 4**** Room was huge, Immaculate, plenty of towels, coffeemaker w coffee, full Kitchenette (dishes, utensils, pots, microwave, fridge with icemaker, stove).....free lauderette w soap etc, free internet plus 2 computers available,
24/7 food cupboard with excellent variety and very low prices.....when was the last time a hotel offered cans of coke for $.50 !! The desk man, Jeremy, was courteous, helpful and informative. Prices very low for easy access to Wash DC area...quiet residential area with quick highway access. ..and because it is REALLY a long-term hotel, maid service once/week... desk will supply anything you need and a choice of pillows...only downside for us....one queen bed.....we would prefer 2 or a king. MS from Boca, Fl

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Thank You for your recommendation of the Candlewood Suites Fairfax ! We find guests are often pleased with the size of our rooms, especially if one is used to a non extended stay type hotel. In addition to size, the kitchen with the full size refrigerator is an added bonus ! While I am supprised other brands still charge for Internet, both Wired and Wi-Fi are avaiable with us at no charge. The Free Laundry you mention is a hallmark of all Candlewood Suites. We appreciate that laundry is a necessity for our long term guests, and our goal is to literally make you feel at home by not charging you for something you cant live without !
Our Candlewood Cupboard is another Hallmark of the Canldewood Suites brand. Being available 24/7 ensures thats its available when you need it, not simply when it fits into our scheduling.
Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I arrived at the hotel a day earlier than expected. Abraham was more than accommodating and helped me get setup in my room early. He pointed out all the amenities that Candlewood offers and stated that if there was anything else I needed, he would get it for me. The hotel has free laundry service (you just provide the soap). No quarters!! This was very helpful as I had stayed at Candlewood for 2 weeks and needed laundry service. The housekeeping was done once a week (I had an extended stay) and was very well done. A majority of the staff would make a point to say hi even if you were passing through. I highly recommend this place. You won't find a better extended stay for the price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
On behalf of my entire team, thank you for your kind words and endorsement of the Candlewood Suites Fairfax. I have shared your comments with my entire team, especially Abraham, who is truly a Superstar ! We are glad that you enjoyed the Free Laundry, which is a Hallmark at all Candlewood Suites. It really adds to the value of Canldewood Suites and can end up saving you quite a bit if you are staying with us any length of time. Unlike many hotel brands, by providing weekly housekeeping, Canldewood Suites affords its guests more privacy and helps us operate in a more ecoligically freindy manner. We do provide fresh linen, towels and supplies at anytime upon request, as well as alternate housekeeping days can be arranged by speaking with one of our guest service agents. We thank you for sharing your experience so that other potential guests may discover the Great Value and Service that is Candlewood Suites !
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Abraham made our stay there a pleasure. Had a minor issue that could of been a nightmare, but his attention to the matter turned it to a enjoyable stay.

Dear Mungogt
Thank you for your comments, especially about Abraham ! I have shared your comments with him and he is truly flattered ! My entire team works hard to express their genuine caring attitude towards all of our guests. While Im sorry you experienced an issue durring your stay, I am pleased that Abraham was able to respond and make it right ! We look forward to your return in the future, and thank you for sharing your comments with all Trip Advisor viewers !
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

I stayed at this hotel at different periods ranging from 2009 through 2011 and every time the professional outstanding superb service that I received from all of the staffs, including the General Manager, just exceeded my expectations. I would definitely and without hesitation recommend this hotel to all of my family and friends.

Dear NCrawford
Thank you for your kind words about the Hotel and its Team. I truly believe we have a team that enjoys being at work and serving our guests. I know it seems simplistic, but I believe that contributes to a large extent, to the level of service we are able to provide ! We appreciate any recommendation that you make to Family and Friends and will do ou best to extend the quality of service you recieved to them as well.
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

The carpet smelled in the halls to the elevator. The room was clean but dated. Front desk was very friendly. Wash/dry clothes for free was nice bonus. Seated in great location with lots of shops. Reg price in $129 but I paid $40 on priceline, this room was ONLY worth $40! The rooms are dark.The AC unit kept cutting off because it is motion activated, I was sweating at night from the heat! The bedding was the 1st thing I peeled back, didnt want it to touch my skin, terrible pillows and mattress was old.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear African Queen 2011
Thank You for Posting Your comments on Trip Advisor
Im very sorrry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I believe your experience was not reprsentative of the level of service and the value that Candlewood Suites Fairfax offers. Please contact me at your earliest convenience, I would like to discuss how we might serve you better in the future and ask for any recommendations that you may have.
Sincerly
Dave Monroe

Been to Candlewood Suites Fairfax? Share your experiences!