“Great location and price!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Romance Package
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great location and price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

We will definitely stay here again. Great location, 2 minute drive to a mall, a HUGE outdoor shopping complex, several grocery stores, and lots of restaurants. Great staff, they were very friendly. Very clean, and my wife and I are very particular about that. Free shuttle to the Metro, free paper, and free Starbucks in the morning. Little things, but I really like it when a hotel does those little things that save me $5 here and there. We have stayed all across the DC region for business and leisure and found many great hotels, but this is definitely in the top 3 when you take everything including price into account.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Harrisburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

This was the nicest, cleanest, friendliest hotel my husband and I have visited in years. Check in was the smoothest we ever encountered.
I am very, very picky when it comes to clean hotel rooms, and this one was by far the cleanest in a long time. It was close to all types of restaurants (the one at the hotel had super food too), the Fair Oaks Mall, the Udvar Hazy Air/Space Museum w/Imax, DC, and the Dulles Airport. (We drove down the road a bit and pulled into a parking lot to watch the giant jumbo jets fly right overhead. It was great. ) Interestingly, though, the hotel was situated so that it was quiet and almost seperated from the noise and bustle that was only blocks away.
The weekend we stayed here it snowed several inches and so my husband and I sat by the warm fireplace and watched the enormous snow flakes fall outside the large windows, drinking hot cider and fresh baked cookies provided by the more than friendly staff. My husband commented that it was more like a bed and breakfast in the Poconos than a Hilton near DC. The hotel was definately a reflection of the manager's commitment to high standards of organization, cleanliness and customer service and satisfaction. Impressive.
We also appreciated that it was completely non-smoking and didn't allow pets.
This is the hotel we will be staying at every time we visit the Fairfax/Washington DC area in the future and I can recommend it to you without a moment's thought. I only wish I could find a hotel this well managed in every town I visit.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Gettysburg, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

We stayed here this weekend and since a relative lives close by. The looby is beautiful. The front desk service was very noce. They had a pantry store which is always convienent. Our room was spacious with 2 beds. They must have been full size cuz they seemed small. While in our room for 1 night a knob fell of a cabinent, a towel rack came down, and the heat register thing fell off 4 times. The carpet had snags in it. The flat screen tv was nice. There was no phone book. The indoor pool water was actually warm! That was a pleasnat suprise! They hot tub was super hot. It was noce to go between the two. The pool is super small so a quick trip to get the kids wet is all it is. The lifegaurd at the pool was the only staff member I encountered who could not smile or say hello. When she looked at you it wasnt like to see if your ok but like you were interupting her book reading. Whatever. The breakfats buffet was so nice that I could see us eating there even of we didnt stay the night. The staff in the resturant Sunday am were SO nice. I mean waitress' and cooks! How plesant. I wll def stay here again. Good deal for the money I would say. I think we pd $114.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Lakewood, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

We wanted a hotel close enough to the metro so we could go into DC and other areas. The staff, particularly Steve and Cherice (I believe that was her name). We got our deal through priceline so it was very inexpensive and they let us check in early since there was a room ready and they also gave us two beds since we had our daughter with us. Every morning we enjoyed coffee with the flavored creamers and tazo teas and every evening they had fresh baked cookies! We also appreciated the microwave, refridge and also the free internet in our room. The indoor pool was too small so we didn't bother swimming and it was open for swimming mostly in the evenings anyway. It was also close to shops, etc. and since we rented a car it was easy to get around. We especially likes eating at the Silver Diner since the food was delicious and the price was very reasonable. All in all would definitely recommend staying here and we will definitely want to stay here again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

I'm a Hilton Honors member and went to our nations capital with my son for some site seeing. After doing some research I decided to stay at the Hilton Garden inn which had some great reviews. I'm happy to say that I will be adding to those reviews because this was a very good place to stay.

The staff was very courteous and catered to my every need. Even the hotel manager (Steve) went out of his way to make sure I was taken care of. As a special bonus Steve was even able to remember my name for my whole stay.

The resturant on site The American Grille was delicious. I didn't eat there every night but when I did the food was always fantastic. They served breakfast, lunch and dinner. When I didn't eat at the resturant I ordered room service from there and just like the resturant the food was great.

The only negetive I can say is that there isn't a shuttle for airport transportation. The only shuttle onsite is for local transport within a 3 mile radius. So in order get to the airport rental car place I had to take a taxi. (which was $35.00!!)

Again great place to stay and I do definately recommend it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

I have been staying at this location for a number of years. It is a great location ... close enough to highways, etc. to get to all DC area locations, but far enough away to be relaxing. The staff is a great crew that seems to try to anticipate every guests needs. (You can even find the general manager at the front desk or around the hotel. He is very hands on, and you can tell he is proud of his hotel & his staff ... it definitely shows!!!) From the front desk, to the hotel restaurant staff, to housekeeping, etc,, this hotel has a very friendly & helpful staff. Always ready to help.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

As a frequent business traveler I can say that this is by far the best Hilton Garden Inn that I have had the occasion to stay at. The friendliness and "can do" attitude of the staff starting with the desk people, all the the way to the GM with everyone in between is unsurpassed by any Hilton property I have stayed at including many so called "Full Service" properties.

The restaurant staff as well go above and beyond to ensure the dining experience is on par with a much higher priced establishment.

I drive out of my way to stay at this hotel on many occasions because of the staff.

I highly recommend it to anyone in the area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business