“Best Hotel in the USA- HGI Fairfax, Virginia” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Columbia, South Carolina
“Best Hotel in the USA- HGI Fairfax, Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This week, I had the pleasure of not only staying as a guest for 5 days in the Fairfax, VA Hilton Garden Inn, but I also spent the weekend celebrating a Grooms Rehearsal Party and Wedding Reception in this beautiful and elegant hotel. It was absolutely an amazing stay, and I as I am in hotels 4 nights/ week- I can compare my unbelievably wonderful experience to many,many other hotels.

Everyone from the front desk folks (Mike, Debra, Sasha) to the housekeepers, bartenders, and the 5 STAR Event Planning Staff (Miss Virginia Perry and Mr Luis Farach) were fantastic! I cannot tell you how great it was to work with these Professional Planners and Managers for both my large (60+ guest) Rehearsal Party. But not only was my Grooms event an amazing and smoothly run celebration, but the following evening the Brides Mother had the exact same and amazing experience at her daughters Wedding Reception Formal Seated Dinner for 100 guests..

Our families (both the 70 out of town guests from Kansas, Oregon, South Carolina and New Jersey) and the local Virginia guests had an amazing time at all the hotel functions and could not believe how perfect the entire long weekend was for all our events!

Our group bought breakfast coupons for all the guests to use in the All American Grille and the guests loved the cooked to order breakfast and snacks available in the pantry and bar area. The rooms are clean and quiet, and the banquet rooms and outside patio were elegant and relaxing for our evening wedding functions. The Catering Staff served all types of foods (Beef Fajitas, Grilled Portabella and Beef Burgers, Mango Salsa Salmon, Marinated Chicken, etc) and each meal was superbly seasoned and prepared. The highlight of the Rehearsal Dinner was the Dark Chocolate Fountain with Fruit Skewars and Pretzel Sticks. And every single wait staff employee and the AV technical helpers were exceptional.

I cannot think of a better environment to have a wedding weekend, especially as many of our guests enjoyed slipping into the DC museums on the Metro during the day and considered this trip to Fairfax as much fun as a much more expensive destination wedding - as there were so many cultural and sporting events to participate in during the lull in wedding activities.

Again- if any bride is thinking about planning a wedding they need to call Ms Virginia Perry at the Fairfax HGI to see what all this lovely hotel has to offer. The HGI Fairfax in my eyes is the best hotel in the USA for anytype of visit, whether it is business, a couples get-a-way, a family DC trip, or a special family wedding function! Virginia has lots of scrapbooks, ideas, and contacts to share on wedding planning, and her creativity and desire to make every brides dreams come true is endless:) And as a parent who knows about wedding expenses, the services are priced extremely reasonably for every bride's budget.

In summary, it is a Lovely hotel... lovely professional staff, and all our guests had a lovely, lovely time!

Virginia Perry can be reached at 703-667-9363 (or Virginia.Perry2@Hilton.com) and if she is busy helping other customers, she always answers her phone messages and emails quite promptly. Virginia and her Banquet Manager, Luis, made our bridal couple's dreams come true this weekend and I hope you will consider them for your most special celebratory occasions..

Carolyn Bethea, Mother of the Groom
July 2013
Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax, VA

Room Tip: highest floors are always my picks, and corner rooms are largest with the double beds.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Brunswick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the last weekend in June 2013 and were literally overtaken with blessings! Of course we had a special rate because of a conference we were going to - but the rooms, the dining area, and the staff were exceptional in our experience. The dining area was moderately priced and quite yummy.

It was very very restful for us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is a great find. The staff are courteous, the beds are comfortable, the food is good, and the location is convenient to major roads. I'm not sure what I would change. I am especially impressed with how the general manager makes his presence known without it becoming over the top. Finding a hotel like this is a rarity these days.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I visited the Washington DC area and stayed close to George Mason University where an event was planned. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The beds were nice. I recommend this as a place to stay in the DC area depending on where you are going. My friends and I enjoyed our stay and will be back in the area later this year. The staff was courteous to us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

As a small business owner, I appreciate a friendly, professional venue for small group meetings and training. That is exactly what the Hilton Garden Inn just outside the City of Fairfax provides!
We had a lengthy training session scheduled for a weekday morning-afternoon and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating of our needs. The room we used was clean, well lit and perfect for our needs. The staff, from the head of catering to the set up-maintenance staff, were really responsive to our requests and eager to serve our particular needs. The lunch was tasty, well presented and ample!! The HGI is located off of Rt. 50 in a small office park circle that takes it away from the busy highway, but close enough for convenience. We will definitely use the HGI again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Vienna, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel in Fairfax/Fair Oaks area is my first recommendation to visitors to Fairfax County. The front desk staff and management have always impressed me and made me feel welcome. I do like the HGI brand, but this particular HGI has been exceptional when I have stayed here, and when the organization I work for has hosted speakers and guests from other places. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a quality stay and a reliable, consistent experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Friendly, attentive, helpful staff. Went out of their way to find a luggage cart for me during a very busy time. Room spacious and clean; free wireless internet. Bed was a little hard for my taste, but linens very comfortable and great pillows. A nice twenty-four hour grocery store is right across the street which is great. Love staying here...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax? Share your experiences!