“The best place I stay in Northern VA” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Austin, Texas
“The best place I stay in Northern VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have to travel to the DC area fairly often, and stay at this hotel whenever I can. The staff are wonderful. Joe, one of the desk staff takes care of me on every trip. Steve (the Manager), and the rest of the staff, are all very cordial, greet me by name, and are always responsive and helpful. The breakfast buffet is great as well.

I would recommend this hotel for business and family trips.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My apologies in advance if this review sounds like it was posted by a shill at Hilton to pump up the volume, but quite honestly this hotel truly deserves the accolades it has received on this forum and should be the benchmark that all other Hilton Garden Inn’s nationwide are measured by. The place is absolutely immaculate and the staff is efficient, accommodating and friendly. I stayed here for one night in early April and was impressed with everything that I experienced. It was almost as if my stay coincided with an anticipated visit from a Hilton inspector, or round of industry mystery shoppers. The maintenance and housekeeping staff was seen cleaning, mopping, wiping, etc…(doing everything you could think of to make the place look nice). The front desk staff smiled and greeted me each and every time that I passed by. I almost felt as if I’d been transported to that make believe world in that Jim Carrey movie, “The Truman Show.” Management here should be commended for instilling such a customer-centric attitude and maintaining its commitment to quality. A fantastic job!

If your travels have you looking for a great place to stay in western suburbs of DC, I can’t recommend the place more highly.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, end of hallway, back side of property for the quietest exposure.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lynchburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel is by far the best we have ever stayed at in the DC area. Staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Exercise room was top notch with Precor equipment. Shuttle service to the Metro was good. Prices were very reasonable. Will be back in June for a wedding and am looking forward to it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Altoona, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in March of 2013. We attended the WWE event at the patriot center, which is a short distance from the hotel. The room was a great value as we booked it a couple weeks ahead of time and received an advance purchase rate of $79. The hotel was excellent for this rate. The only issue I had was I did not sleep very well. I could hear doors slamming and lots of noise in the hallway. Other than that, this hotel was very good, especially for the rate we paid.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fairfax for three nights in Februrary 2013. My family and I traveled from New York to celebrate a cousin's graduation at a party that was held in the hotel. The rooms/beds were very comfortable, the breakfast buffet priced well with many options and the location was close enough to travel into to DC. The nightly cookies were a sweet treat and the lobby contained sofas and chairs with room enough for our entire group to sit together. There is a shopping center across the street with a grocery store and restaurants. We used the jacuzzi and the pool and had them both to ourselves.The floor and walls needed cleaning and the floor was very slippery. I would recommend staying here and would return myself.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Virginia Perry assisted us to plan my daughter's bridal shower. Being from out of town, this was anticipated to be a somewhat stressful challenge. Virginia made everything flow so smoothly, guiding us through the menu planning, flow of events, and arrangement of the room to best suit our needs. I truely was able to relax and enjoy the event! She offered us excellent room accomodations and prices for the out of town guests and everyone raved about the hotel; from food to the room. The staff was extremely helpful since I had many decorative items including cut flowers which they stored for me overnight in their walk in refrigerator. The ballrooms are beautiful and over look a courtyard with landscaping and privacy. The restaurant staff were so pleasant and attentive. You felt like you knew them by the end of the stay! And the made to order omelets or french toast was terrific! All for a very reasonable price since it is all you can eat! Not one thing I can say about this place! Strongly recommend. Did not have time to use the pool which I regret but maybe next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This hotel is the Best! Although I do not stay there very often, Joe acts like he has waited only for me - my room choice is always ready. I am the consumer that can complain about anything, so for me to say 'no complaints' is earth shaking. I travel 250 days a year and this hotel is the BEST--- not the biggest, not the fanciest, not the snootiest - just the most friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for Joe. He might be the friendliest service person anywhere.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax? Share your experiences!