“HGI always meets my expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #1 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Honolulu
“HGI always meets my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

As I hoped, my 3 night stay at HGI Fairfax was uneventful, but memorable. I was warmly greeted at the front desk by Michael and Patricia and it was a strong indication of how my stay would be. The lobby is small, but has lots of seating and was a good spot to grab a drink from the bar and chat. The bar is small, but they serve homemade potato chips that are excellent.

The room was clean and the bathroom (my biggest cleanliness concern) was immaculate. Flat screen tv and comfortable bed made the stay so enjoyable. The Neutrogena bath supplies unremarkable, but perfectly fine and the towels were nice and fluffy.

My quibble is that the Internet connections, both wired and wireless are slow. Internet is free, so it's hard to really complain. Also, no checkout service via the television and the speed checkout via the telephone did not work. I did not eat at the restaurant or try out the gym, so no comment on those.

Housekeeping left a little thank you note, I assume for the tip that I left. A nice gesture and one that made the visit memorable. An uneventful visit is a great thing and is something that HGI excels at.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

350 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Great hotel and great customer service from all the staff I encountered! I checked in after midnight after a much delayed flight exhausted. The front desk clerk was friendly, efficient and genuinely empathetic. The front desk staff was helpful every time I approached and greeted me as I returned to the hotel each night. The staff also provided printed directions for destinations I had to go to by car. They also had printed directions for getting onto the subway system in Washington for some sightseeing. The room was clean and had both a fridge and microwave. A Teeter-Harris grocery store was in the strip mall directly across the street from the hotel as was a locally well known (and busy, filled with Chinese patrons) Chinese restaurant. The Starbucks coffee and teas in the front foyer in the morning was a nice touch as I grabbed a cup on the way out to my conference. Free wi-fi was a nice perk too! There was a bit of noise from adjacent rooms for a short bit prior to 9pm but otherwise it was a quiet for the rest of the night. I would stay again. Not too far from airport. On a major road from airport. Easy access to freeways to other destinations in the area. About 45 minutes total by a combination of car and subway ride to the core of DC. Decent large shopping mall with all the usual department store anchors about a couple minute drive away.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I travel for business as a Sales VP and work all across Maryland and Virginia. This hotel is my first choice for the Fairfax, VA area. This Hilton Garden Inn is extremely clean, has spacious rooms, a fantastic restaurant and a great nice team of hotel staff. I got into the hotel late just before 10pm and I was still able to have a great dinner! The business center had everything I needed. When I was rushing out to get to my 8:30am meeting in Falls Church the staff person at the front desk guided me to avoid certain roads and actually took the time to draw a map for me. Without his help I never would have made it to that meeting on time. That was very helpful and above and beyond! Thanks again!

Now when I travel to Fairfax, VA this hotel is my first pick!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our time here! The staff has great customer service skills! The breakfast was great but if you don't eat pork then maybe u should plan accordly. The indoor pool is small but was great since it was inside during this time of cold weather. Our room was cozy but near the elevator which made a lot of noise but not to bad. I loved the shower and the room was soooo cute, perfect for two people. The staff were very attentive and helped out in anyway they could. The drive to DC wasn't that bad except the tolls which were $.75 & $1.50, which we were not prepared for and received a ticket at one toll due to no money and they do not except ATM or credit cards. Over all the review for this hotel was great I would visit this location anytime I'm n the area. There is also another hotel by the name of Aloft that shares the lot and a gas station, this is a up and coming area!

• Stayed February 2012
Perth, ON Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We came for a Christian Conference, from the check-in to departure the staff are super, great indoor pool. When we wanted directions to various attractions around DC the staff would print out directions. The attitude was supreme. Starbucks free coffee in the lobby. Free internet wi-fi or dsl.

Room Tip: There all good. A supermarket across the way if you want something for your room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I've stayed here several times over the last few years, and the staff at this property is consistently excellent! The front desk staff remembers me each time I come and always with a genuine smile. They really do welcome you back! The General Manager is frequently seen on property and a laminated paper in the room provides his email, and even his cell number should a issue arise. My king-sized room had the HGI comfy beds that adjust, and was well covered for this cold mid-January week I was staying there. The TV is flat panel, and sits in a cabinet above the dresser-drawers. Not a huge thing, but doesn't swivel around enough to be viewed if you are sitting at the desk using your laptop. Since the hotel had complimentary wireless, I often sat in the chair, propped up my feet on the separate foot cushion and watched the TV from there. Lots of TV channels to choose from. There is a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker located in the same area near the doorway. The bath was typical of HGI, and the towels are large which is nice. Since I have Diamond status, I was offered complimentary breakfast vouchers (excludes gratuity) in the on-site restaurant. The breakfast buffet is nice, and the servers attentive. The restaurant also serves lunch and dinner, and has a bar area as well. The location is very good if you are doing business in the Fairfax area, conveniently located off of Highway 50, and there is a nearby mall (although not walking distance). A mini-strip shopping center is across the street which has a Subway and a couple restaurants, plus a Harris Teater grocery store. Consistently a great property!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Oldenburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax is a good bussiness hotel what I can recommend.
It is not fare from the IAD but also it is a short trip to Tysons Corner or to Alexandria.
The price-value-ratio is good and much better than in most of the other hotels next to D.C.
The rooms are clean and you can ask for a room on a higher floor opposite to the highway.
The hotel has a nice patio and a typical (but not bad) hilton garden inn restaurant.

Room Tip: Alndside room on a higher floor would be the best.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax? Share your experiences!