“A+++ Except for the shuttle” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
“A+++ Except for the shuttle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

The staff was very friendly, the rooms were spotless, and the rates were affordable. The pool and hot tub were very clean, and there was a lifeguard on duty. There is a grocery store within walking distance, and it was a quick ride to the metro station. The only drawback was the shuttle. They forgot to pick us up twice, and by the time we got it straightened out we had waited over 45 minutes before we were picked up. Two other times they overbooked the shuttle, and we had to wait for them to return to pick us up. Waiting is never fun, but waiting with tired hungry children is terrible. If you do not require the shuttle service I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I love the HGI chain, it is consistent quality and good value. We had a package for 3 nights at $129 per night which included full hot breakfast buffet with individually prepared eggs, pancakes, french toast, etc.

Lobby is bright and airy. Restaurant is pleasant. Bar area is small. Room was clean and well maintained. Bathroom was roomy and workable. There is free wifi. And free cookies in the lobby everyday at 5pm.

I have to give a shout out to Mike at the front desk. He was not only friendly and very helpful, when I saw him the next day, he actually remembered my name when he greeted me.

Fairfax a good spot for visiting Manassas and the Air & Space Museum or to be near Dulles. If you are there mainly to visit D.C. you may prefer to stay in the city (see my review for the Willard Hotel). But if you want to stay outside the city or your travels take you to the Fairfax area, HGI is a best bet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here for 1 night. The first room I was assigned (146) had a jammed door mechanism (the deadbolt was slightly bent inside the door and would not release) so I went back to the front desk and was quickly given another room (112) and comp'ted with a breakfast coupon for the inconvenience. I travel a lot and two things impressed me. First, after I settled into my room. the phone rang and it was Debbie at the front desk asking me how my second room was. In addition, there was a letter in the room (and I assume all rooms) signed by the General Manager of the hotel with his personal extension, his cell phone number and his personal email asking that guests contact him personally if they had any issues with their stay. This place understands how to operate a hotel (unlike many places I've stayed in) and I would recommend you consider this facility. Good stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Tampa Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden Fairfax. From a very friendly, helpful staff to a very comfortable room at a great price, this has to be one of the very best values in the Washington D.C. area. I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We booked this hotel through priceline and got a great deal. I am used to staying at resorts that charge for everything so this was a real treat. Free coffee, free internet, free fitness center access. Just what we needed for a short weekend trip at a low price. It was clean and quiet and you could get breakfast there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

What can one say, when one checks in, you will get greeted by the best and most friendly staff yet and hats off to Michael. I went on a family vacations, kids and in-laws and we had a great time. The hotel is close to all the malls if driving and there is a shuttle that takes you to the train if you are venturing to the capitol. The food and the staff at the restaurant were both excellent. Another positive is the buffet breakfast, wide selection of choices and well worth it. The pool is adequate for the kids but the hot tub needs to be turned on more often without having to ask the life guard :(((. Cookies are a great touch and always taste great at the end of a long day

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Overall the hotel inside and out was clean. I had to call them up after we departed my grandma left her stand up mirror behind and they sent it for her no charge to us which was really nice and a relief ! Would recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax? Share your experiences!