“Go to place...” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Go to place...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is my go to place to eat when I cannot think of anything specific. The food at this place is quite good. I usually get green curry with vegetables, pad thai, pad see ew, papaya salad, and basil chicken. Dishes are well seasoned, ingredients fresh, and have just enough heat to make the dish interesting.

Visited September 2013

Manassas, Virginia
“Updated Review...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Since my last visit, I have been told by many friends not to eat here. I was rolling my eyes alot, thinking...Just because you don't like it, doesnt mean I shouldnt! I loved the Pad Thai, but the goading from friends was because the place is apparently unclean.

Well, lesson learned.

We ordered take out and lo and behold, in our food, we found a long, thin, wiggling wormlike creature. It was enough to make me throw up and vow I would not eat here again. Of course good places will have a bug from time to time that no one will see (its a food service buildling, bugs go there naturally...if you think your favorite place has never had one, you are sorely mistaken), but this was just so gross. Don't bother complaining, they wont want to hear it. Good thing we took a VIDEO on a cell.

Will never eat here again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“Hard to find parking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was a sort of fast food Thai place you order at the counter then they bring it to you. I guess that is how they keep the prices a little bit lower than some of the other Thai places in the area. I only had the Thai fried rice which was really good and the chicken sate which I did not like one bit. The chicken tasted wierd the sate sauce was very spicy. I would probably not go back considering there are many other Thai places in the area that I like better. The food here was okay but, the place was very small and crowed maybe 8 or 9 tables and the parking was horrible. I had to park in the lot down the street and walk.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great value Thai food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a small cafe type restaurant with a seating capacity ~25. Smallish and cozy. When you get there, you can review the menu on the side wall before ordering at the cashier. While the menu is not huge, it has all the Thai essentials - pad thai and noodles, tom yum soup, curries, sticky rice etc. After ordering, you will be given a number and the kitchen starts on your order. All dishes are very Thai authentic and in good portion sizes. Our family of 4 (2 boys aged 11 and 14) normally order the sun dried beef and satay or wings, a tom yum or tom kha soup for appetizers. Our entrée typically includes a noodle - pad thai or noodle soup, a crab fried rice and another "new" item on the menu. For drinks, we sometimes go for the Thai ice tea but it's always too sweet. To finish, we have the mango with sticky rice (need to be in mango season). My boys would just have the coconut stick rice on its own without the mango. As always, everyones' really contented after the meal here.

Strongly recommended if you want to try some authentic Thai food - no frills and affordable.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Nice neighborhood Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a nice neighborhood Thai restaurant, they cook your food to order, and you can order degree of heat. Beware ordering Thai hot, they do it right!

Visited June 2012