“My favorite of the Great American's” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 331 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: GAR's tribute to Chris "Ozzie" Osborn, GAR's Head Foodie since 1981. Offering reservations for parties up to sixty and featuring our full menu to go.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“My favorite of the Great American's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is my favorite of the Great American Resteraunts, though I would aim to go at off hours. I think it's a favorite because it has decent wine. The food is good, and the service was decent every time I've been.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Roanoke, Virginia
“A must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The food had great flavor... true italian! Able to take your time and truely enjoy. Could actually taste the fresh basil in the salad with a light yet flavorful dressing. A refreshing change from most of the chain restaurants although many of them are also good.
Convenient location in upsale shops with lovely atmosphere.
Slightly noisy so not good for any intimate dinner.

Visited March 2013
Alexandria, VA
“EXCELLENT CUISINE AND SERVICE, VERY NICE AMBIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ozzie's Corner in the Fairfax Corner shopping center is a great place to have lunch or dinner. It is part of the Great American restaurant chain that has so many great restaurants in the Washington DC area (Coastal Flats, Mike's American, Carlyle Grand, etc). Recently lunch here included Ozzie's take on crab cakes. Delicious, well presented and importantly it all went down well. Ozzie's lets you freely substitute sides and will personalize; for example, I requested no salt on the fries with no hesitation from the server. The server was very competent, prompt, pleasant or in other words all you can ever expect out of a good server. Previously, I have enjoyed Lasagna and chicken dishes at Ozzie's. My friend enjoyed on this visit a fish special involving rainbow trout. Give it a try!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good for a group or couple”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is part of the Great American Chain of restaurants. The menu wasn't as large as I was hoping for, but who's really that hungry after feasting on those amazing donut bread rolls??? We started off with the bruschetta (definitely recommend) and the oysters. We had a range of mains...salmon, steak, pasta, and chicken and we all enjoyed our meals.

We didn't have one waiter but rather several different people. We took our time early on to enjoy our drinks and appetizers, but then it was difficult to get waited on after that. I would probably go back, but not right away. The atmosphere is nice but feels cramped when crowded.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Fabulous; doing a lot of things right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went with another couple for dinner. The bread is amazing -- you can either eat some very sweet white rolls, or some savory dark bread. In particular, their specialty salad, "Ozzie's Special Chicken Salad," was just heavenly. I don't remember the desserts being anything to write home about....but the service was excellent and the decor was delightful for the eyes; the lighting was just right, and we generally felt like we had been well-taken-care-of.

• Visited January 2013