“What a fabulous spot!” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
“What a fabulous spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at the Marriott RI this weekend and it was terrific. The hotel is top-notch with beautiful finishes and amenities. I knew we were onto something when we got to our room and we found a lovely well-appointed guest room--- custom cabinetry, granite counters , stainless appliances and Paul Mitchell toiletries. The next morning we headed down to breakfast and were greeted with a spread!!! Not your usual canned fare-- we found fresh, homemade eggs, decadent chocolate muffins, crispy home fries---- all delicious!!! Flat screens, mini booths-- at breakfast. Newspapers abound for the readers. As we were checking out I asked who designed the hotel. It urns out it was a custom built hotel--- well it shows!!!! Hope we have another opportunity to stay at this gem!

My view is you can't miss with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

great location. easy to get to the musuems using the metro which is near this hotel. they offered free breakfast with many choices and plenty of it also a few nights a week they offer a dinner also very good..we really enjoyed our stay

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel gave a great impression when I did the online search. Upon arrival, I was highly impressed by the place and the room. The evening dinners they offered were okay but the room and features were by far worth the stay. Unfortunately, my room was located just beside the fitness room but I was so busy that I didn't mind it the first night. The second night it was a bit annoying but learned to ask for a higher level floor room moving forward. It did, however, get me to the gym one of the mornings I was there. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the satellite/tv feed on certain channels. Once I made them aware of this and the problem could not be solved, they moved me to a different room. Unfortunately, I moved my stuff myself but I got a message from the management apologizing and extra Marriott rewards points for my stay as a service recovery, which is definitely appreciated. If in the area again, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't be on the first floor near the fitness center.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hopatcong, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The room was like an apartment so really nice! Full kitchen. Only issue for me was no bathtub :(
Internet had issues so not so nice...Manager did give hotel points because of this so very good :)
When there was noise from room above me manager handled :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am a loyal Marriott customer and stayed here to be close to the Vienna metro station to get into DC. The rooms were really nice, great showers, very clean, safe location, helpful and courteous staff. Really good continental breakfast too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The room is very nice. Everything is new. The kitchen is stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. Full sized appliances but only enough sitting area for two people in the kitchen. The sitting area with the desk had large drawer space and the couch is comfortable enough to sleep on without pulling out the sofa bed. The bed was very comfortable. The pillows were a bit small but there were five on the bed. The bathroom was a perfect size more than enough space. Everything was always clean and it didn't bother me that the linens weren't changed everyday. It was like being at home except for the laundry facilities costing $2 each. The room wasn't cold and maybe to some warm but it cooled off enough for me to sleep comfortably. I do have a higher tolerance to heat than some. The hallway and elevator area was so cold you needed a jacket. Enjoyed the breakfast but the dinner (Mon - Thurs) was very basic and opted to eat elsewhere most nights. The gym was quite nice and liked that I could go anytime. The pool didn't seem to be used much and it was a bit small of an area and in the shade most of the time. I never used it though. Would recommend this hotel and hope to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

What a wonderful hotel. Rooms were clean, really nicely decorated. I really liked the fact that the bathroom had a huge glassed in shower...no tub...but I could see if you were a family staying here with little kids, that may be a problem. Kitchen was really nice, nice plates and glasses, a really cool island like eating area facing the TV and work area. Refrigerator was clean and quiet. Cool cooktop. Massive sleeper sofa. Great computer work space and nice TV that swiveled to face either the sofa or the bed. Really comfortable pillows too!
My only complaint was I could not get the room cool enough. Room was hot when I first entered and it took many hours to get the temp down to a comfortable level. I like a really cool room and it never really got to the temp I wanted.
Great buffet breakfast, all the food you could ever want, with real dishes!
They even served a buffet dinner, which is included in the room price, as was breakfast.
Would definitely return.

Room Tip: rooms can be a long walk from the elevator, may want to request something close to elevator.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Residence Inn Fairfax City? Share your experiences!