“Great service and outdoor seating” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great service and outdoor seating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Love the quaint little location of this restaurant. We went on a Sunday evening and were seated immediately outside. Since we didn't spend any time inside the restaurant I can't speak to the ambiance, noise level or anything inside. The service was very good. We ordered the Somosa appetizer to start. They were fresh and hot, and I love the cilantro green dressing served with them. My husband got the Malabari chicken and I had the Dal Tadka, which were both served nice and hot, with rice. Indian food is always a little heavy on the cumin for my taste but I still enjoyed all the dishes. The food was a bit pricier than we'd anticipated but we would definitely recommend the Bistro.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fairfax, Virginia
“A neighborhood gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Bollywood is conveniently located in Old Town Fairfax City. It's a very popular local eatery serving wonderfully seasoned Indian cuisine. I ordered he Goat Boti and my wife, the Rogan Josh, a lamb dish. Both entrees were beautifully seasoned to order (specified spice level) and nicely presented. Our appetizers were equally tasty and fulfilling.

Bollywood is a very popular restaurant; as such, reservations, especially on the weekend are recommended.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food with excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stopped by for an early Saturday dinner, and the outside tables were full even though it was nearly 90 degrees. Got a table inside with no waiting. We shared the garlic shrimp starter, which was 4 very large shrimp grilled with soy sauce, garlic and honey. Very tasty!

For the main course, we got the Chicken Tikka Masala and the Salmon Mango dishes to share. They came with rice but we ordered the garlic naan to slurp up the delicious buttery sauce. Service was attentive as our water glasses were kept full. The manager or owner stopped by several times to see how we were enjoying the food, along with offering more rice.

Will definitely return to try some of the other items on the menu.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reston, Virginia
“Decent food, good ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I go to this place often, after I am tired of going to new restaurants and finding them not good. This place has decent food, better ambience and not far from where I live. You should try once if you are looking for good Indian food. I even used groupon and livingsocial deals.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great atmosphere and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The drinks are excellent here, must try the mango lassi. The food and service are also excellent. The restaurant is small so recommend making a reservation.

Visited March 2013