“Excellent and love the idea of lunch buffet” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent and love the idea of lunch buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I love this place, I had Indian food only a couple time before because I didn't think I'd like the food and because I was not familiar with it.
The lunch buffet gave me the opportunity to see the dishes and understand what's in it.
Now don't misunderstand, this is not the kind of buffet where they throw a bunch of warmed up canned food on a table, these are excellent entrees freshly made that day.
Plus the owner, the manager and the stuff are really professional and always nice.
Dinner is a typical restaurant setup with very generous portions, but it's a little more expensive.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Can't believe I waited this long!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Bollywood has been in old town Fairfax for several years but I only tried it today, and what a treat!! Adorable little restaurant with a small bar area. They are quite busy though so you may have to wait for a table. The lunch buffet was reasonable at $9 and super delicious ! Their mango salad with a crispy spinach was superb as was the chicken tandoori. Fish curry, shrimp and rice, chicken masala and more --Everything was excellent! Even their ice tea was good. Service was excellent. I will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great Lunch Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've eaten lunch at Bollywood Bistro several times with different groups of friends and family. Everyone likes it! The lunch buffet is a winner with its consistently good Indian food, including delicious chicken masala, classic veggie dishes, and yummy desserts. The staff is helpful and cheerful, and there's a nice ambiance with the contemporary decor. I love all the natural daylight. The location facing the courtyard is pretty good - easy walking distance from the Fairfax City library, shops, etc., although if you drive you must park in the dark garage. I only wish the food was a bit more spicy. All in all, a great value.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bollywood Bistro: Excellent food, service and ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I have driven by Bollywood Bistro several times. We recently decided to give it a shot; we're glad we did. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, our experience was excellent. Our summary:

- Food: My wife had a scallops and rice dish topped with a yogurt-based sauce. I had a rice dish served with lamb, also topped with yogurt. Both servings were more than we could eat. We decided to take the leftovers with us and look forward to a lunch later today.

- Service: Extremely attentive. The maitre'd greeted us as soon as we arrived and we were ushered promptly to our table. The busboy arrived within seconds and served us our water. The waiter arrived soon thereafter to take our drink order. The rest of the meal was also efficient. If our water got low, they were there to refill it. The waiter checked back soon after delivering our meal to us. From the moment we sat down to the moment our check arrived, very efficient.

Ambience: Modern decor with soft lighting. My wife and I were able to talk without fear of being overheard or, worse, having to compete with other side conversation.

Price: Very reasonably priced. When you factor in that you receive enough to bring home, you are arguably getting two meals for the price of one.

If you're in Fairfax city and looking for an excellent, reasonably priced meal, give Bollywood Bistro a shot.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Auburn, Indiana
“Tasty Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We are from an area without much for Indian food, so I don't have a lot to base my opinion on, but my husband and I really enjoyed our meal at the Bollywood Bistro. We went for Friday lunch but opted to order off the menu instead of the buffet (which also looked good and was clearly fresh, since there were people refilling things almost constantly). The food was flavorful, hot and plentiful. I would love to go back sometime if we're ever in Fairfax again!

Visited January 2013