“Excellent food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We have eaten here for the lunch buffet as well as dinner and both are excellent. The service is great and the quality of the food is excellent. The prices are very reasonable. It is not your typical Indian restaurant, very elegant and the food is amazingly good. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for great food, not just Indian food.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fairfax, Virginia
“Superb lunch buffet; attentive service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Since discovering this hidden gem in the middle of historic Fairfax City I have enjoyed the lunch buffet several times. The dishes are consistently flavorful and fresh. Friendly servers, linen napkins and weighty silverware add to the dining experience. The restaurant consistently fills every table during weekday lunches.
The buffet includes 2 or 3 meat dishes and several vegetarian ones. Servers bring fresh, hot naan to the table.
In addition to excellent food there is an extensive bottled beer selection and a full bar. Bollywood Bistro is my "go to" lunch destination.

• Visited December 2012
Virginia
“Great for a brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We visited this restaurant at the recommendation of a friend. We were pleasantly surprised to find it a pleasant and clean restaurant, with a real bistro environemnt. It is not typical Indian in decor. One faces pictures of famous Bollywood stars on opposite wall on entrance. The restaurant offers limited but tasty dishes. Hot naans (indian bread) are brought to your table in a basket. There were two deserts when we went - jilebi and pudding. They were ok. Lunch buffet is offered every day. Dinner is a la carte.

They have a full bar and one can eat at the bar. We went on a Sunday but did not have to wait much for our table. We were impressed by the fact that as soon as a patron left there were people to sweep the floor around the table.

The restaurant is in a small arcade in downtown Fairfax, Virginia. It is not visible from the main street. When we went we were not aware that there is an adjoining covered parking garage. We parked on the street.

We will go there again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Crave this food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I drive well out of the way to eat here. This restaurant is the kind of place that I crave and when it hits I must satisfy it within 72 hours. The people are nice and we have never had anything that we did not thoroughly enjoy. Chicken tikki marsala is my "goto". Enjoy.

Manassas, Virginia
“Best You Can Find In Fairfax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I'm a college student that has a serious craving for Indian food. While looking around Fairfax, I came across this place. I brought a few friends and we had dinner her. The atmosphere is essentially perfect; I wouldn't have it any other way. The food was also really good. I was left a little unimpressed by some things though.

As a college student, I naturally try to save as much money as possible. This place is a tad pricey at dinner time, so I tried my best. It didn't help that the servers kept bringing me more naan without asking, and then later, it showed up on my bill. It added up. Regardless, they had a very attentive staff, and I found them to be really friendly. I just wish they could have been more transparent about what certain things cost and what doesn't. I plan on going back there to fulfill my Indian fix in the future, and would readily recommend anyone to go visit and give it a try.

• Visited August 2012