“Lovely Setting and Really Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 331 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Fairfax, Virginia
“Lovely Setting and Really Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Just had lunch here and boy was it good. It's located in a nice strip mall off of Lee Hwy not far from Wegmans. Inside is an oasis of soothing tiles and colors and a nice water feature that makes just enough sound to be relaxing. The atmosphere is nice enough to put on a nice outfit and have dinner out with friends or as a couple. It was also casual enough at lunch that I was in shorts and a top.

I had the vegetarian dish with spinach, butternut squash and eggplant with jasmine rice. This is something I order at other kabob places and I must say that this dish was superior. Flavors and texture were excellent and, more importantly, it wasn't oily. Everything was light and full of flavor. I couldn't finish my lunch portion; it was a very nice size.

My friend had the chicken biryani, her first time trying such a dish, and she really liked it. Her portion was HUGE and she liked the spice on the chicken.

Our server seemed to be the owner or a manager and he was warm and friendly and kept our drinks filled. He let us dine at our own pace.

My friend found this place because of tripadvisor and the great reviews it gets for Fairfax. Even if you aren't an adventurous eater, I'm certain you will find something on this menu that appeals to you.

I'll definitely be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Vestal, New York
“WOW! Outstanding Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We dined here specifically based upon TA reviews and it was superb! It is in a nondescript strip mall. The décor is beautiful with a lovely fountain in the center of the dining room. We had such a great dinner in what I would say an oasis in the bustle of suburbia. Not to be missed if you like Middle Eastern foods. We had vegetarian platter, AMAZING!! Butternut squash stew that was full of flavor. Eggplant stew that was chunky and again full of spices of the orient. The basmati rice was soft and delicious with steamed carrots and raisins. Perfect marriage with the 3 stews presented so beautifully. The Mediterranean Sampler appetizer was the usual of hummus, babaganoush and a roasted eggplant but tasted so much better than "the usual". Chicken of the chicken kabob was tender, cut with a butter knife, and delicious. Even the falafel was the best that my husband has ever had. A real dining pleasure that we will be coming back every time we are in Fairfax. Not to be missed for outstanding dinner!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don G. "Outstanding unique food"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Had one of the best meals of my life at Mazadar. Clean atmosphere and the service is great. Food is outstanding, perfumed with Middle Eastern spices. If I lived in the area I would eat here at least 3 times a week. Mazadar is now one of my weekend hot spots. Highly recommended!!!!

Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Superb Middle Eastern Food in an Elegant Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Every plate was served piping hot and extremely fresh. The atmosphere is serene and elegant. One of the nicest restaurants in the DC area, let alone Fairfax. Outstanding!!

• Visited June 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“Best Indian Food in Fairfax!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and I own a limo business and one of our customers who is in the food business recommended Mazadar to us. I've lived in the Metro DC area all my life and tried many, many Indian restaurants and I can say that this restaurant is our new favorite. The food is made on site--fresh and delicious--served by the friendly owners, the decor is lovely and comfortable and the place is absolutely immaculate. We've been to Mazadar twice and we'll be going back often. I cannot recommend this restaurant more highly.

• Visited May 2014