“WOW! Outstanding Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 350 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery
Vestal, New York
“WOW! Outstanding Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We dined here specifically based upon TA reviews and it was superb! It is in a nondescript strip mall. The décor is beautiful with a lovely fountain in the center of the dining room. We had such a great dinner in what I would say an oasis in the bustle of suburbia. Not to be missed if you like Middle Eastern foods. We had vegetarian platter, AMAZING!! Butternut squash stew that was full of flavor. Eggplant stew that was chunky and again full of spices of the orient. The basmati rice was soft and delicious with steamed carrots and raisins. Perfect marriage with the 3 stews presented so beautifully. The Mediterranean Sampler appetizer was the usual of hummus, babaganoush and a roasted eggplant but tasted so much better than "the usual". Chicken of the chicken kabob was tender, cut with a butter knife, and delicious. Even the falafel was the best that my husband has ever had. A real dining pleasure that we will be coming back every time we are in Fairfax. Not to be missed for outstanding dinner!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Don G. "Outstanding unique food"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Had one of the best meals of my life at Mazadar. Clean atmosphere and the service is great. Food is outstanding, perfumed with Middle Eastern spices. If I lived in the area I would eat here at least 3 times a week. Mazadar is now one of my weekend hot spots. Highly recommended!!!!

• Visited July 2014
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Superb Middle Eastern Food in an Elegant Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Every plate was served piping hot and extremely fresh. The atmosphere is serene and elegant. One of the nicest restaurants in the DC area, let alone Fairfax. Outstanding!!

• Visited June 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“Best Indian Food in Fairfax!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and I own a limo business and one of our customers who is in the food business recommended Mazadar to us. I've lived in the Metro DC area all my life and tried many, many Indian restaurants and I can say that this restaurant is our new favorite. The food is made on site--fresh and delicious--served by the friendly owners, the decor is lovely and comfortable and the place is absolutely immaculate. We've been to Mazadar twice and we'll be going back often. I cannot recommend this restaurant more highly.

• Visited May 2014
Centreville, Virginia
“A Truly Wonderful Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I had lunch there, but ordered from the dinner menu. Everything I ate--from appetizer, to meal and dessert--was outstanding! Everything was freshly made on the premises; the service was excellent and the restaurant is very nice decorated with a very beautiful and soothing water fountain in the middle of the restaurant that adds to the truly relaxed atmosphere one enjoys during their visit. The meal portions were more than generous and the quality of the meat--I had lamb kabobs--were very good, most and tender.

• Visited May 2014