“Outstanding Middle Eastern Food, Service & Decor” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 346 restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery
Fairfax, Virginia
“Outstanding Middle Eastern Food, Service & Decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Visited this restaurant with family & friends. As there were five of us we ordered several dishes and ate "family style." The starter sampler for hummus, Baba Gahannouge, MK Maust and Eggplant dip was outstanding. Unlike other members of my family, I am not an eggplant fan. However, the eggplant was delicious and so were the other items. We had chicken and beef kabob and shrimp qurma, mantu, basmati and two other rice dishes. All were very tasty. In addition, we tried the carrot desert with Persian ice cream. It was very good! Much mention the bread, which was extremely tasty. I like pita bread, but the Mazadar's bread was simply several cuts above the pita bread one usually gets in Middle Eastern restaurants. We also liked the atmosphere and decor. The fountain in the center is a very nice touch. The service was excellent and one of the owners came by to check and ensure we were enjoying our meal. Can highly recommend this restaurant and do plan to returning.

• Visited July 2013

95% Recommend
Virginia
“New Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had the opportunity to have dinner with two of our adult children. Having been to Mazadar once before, my wife and I thought that they would enjoy a different experience. The ambience of the restaurant is very Persian with pillowed couches, tiled floors and a fountain in the center of the dining room. While the others had kabobs or lamb dishes, I ventured in having Mantu, homemade dumplings filled with ground beef and onion topped with meat sauce, yogurt and mint. Mantu was a cross between dim sum and ravioli. The flavors were very different but excellent. I would suggest that Mazadar add an appetizer portion of MAntu so that more customers could try this excellent dish.

• Visited July 2013
Bristow, Virginia
“Great Atmosphere and Delicious Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is our second time here and brought 2 friends on June 1st. The owner Qader made us feel very special and gave great recommendations based on our taste. The lamb is so tender and the appetizers were delicious and we tasted some things that we never had before.
Its a very intimate setting and the décor is beautiful and warm including the bathroom.

Find it. Enjoy it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I were driving up from Virginia to Baltimore and wanted to get dinner along the way. We were not familiar with this area but decided on this on place based on its great reviews on trip advisor. It was kind of out of our way but the trip so worth it! The restaurant itself has a great atmosphere. I love the couch style booths that line the whole side wall. The wait staff was very friendly and were great about helping us decided what to get. We settled on Mantu (dumplings with meat sauce) and a lamb dish. They were both delicious and the lamb was extremely tender and flavorful! The portions good sizes and everything was very reasonably priced. All in all it was a great experience and I will gladly return next time I'm in the area!

• Visited June 2013
Saint Leonard, Maryland
“Nice Little Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I stopped by at this restaurant to dine and chat with one of our friends who works in the area. My husband and I are not familiar with this type of food and not too keen on spicy food or lamb. So we asked the owner for suggestion. For appetizer, we had Mantu (dumplings filled with ground beef and onion topped with meat sauce, yogurt, and mint). For entrée, I had Chicken & Kubideh and my husband had Shrimp Qurma. They don’t come in big portion but were served with rice and a big piece of Naan, which we though were satisfying. They were all very tasty. Our friend likes vegetables and wanted a vegetable dish but they don’t seem to have many of those, which is a little surprising. I ordered yogurt drink and was warned by the waiter that this might not be something I was thinking of. I love trying new food so I told him I would take it. That was a fair warning. It sort of tasted like yogurt mixed with the liquid that olives are pickled in. I actually thought it was pretty good (I love pickled olives) but my husband didn’t think so at all. He took one sip and almost spitted out. Very nice atmosphere with contemporary Mediterranean-ish interior with calming water fountain in the middle. Most of the customers we saw the evening were the people who seem to be from where they eat this type of food on regular basis; which tells us the food here is authentic. Our friend said that the previous owner was friendlier, but we thought the new owner was fine. Our waiter was very helpful, too. It's worth trying this place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Mazadar Kabob? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mazadar Kabob, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.