“Nice little place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 356 Restaurants in Fairfax
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery
Centreville, Virginia
“Nice little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

It's tucked away near the Government Center in a little strip mall setting. There's a lovely water fountain in the middle and the setting is nice. I was surprised that it was almost empty at lunch time on a Friday, but it was quite pleasant. The staff was very attentive and we found the kabobs to be really good with great seasoning. Plenty of delicious rice and the portion of bread was huge. We really liked the two dipping sauces - they were really tasty. I thought the prices were the same as other Middle Eastern and Mediterranean restaurants. Good place for lunch in Fairfax.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Fairfax, Virginia
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Mazadar Kebob is a beautiful little restaurant, somewhat tucked away in a not-so-visible row of stores and restaurants. They put a lot of effort into the decor, and it really has a unique and exotic ambiance. We started going to Mazadar when it had just opened and only had a few items on the menu. The menu has grown since, and to be honest, everything we have had has been delicious. The chicken kebob is very well seasoned, the kubideh is tender and flavorful, the dips (hummus, cucumber yogurt dip, eggplant) are fresh and tasty, and the bread is perhaps the best I've had at any Kebob restaurant: freshly baked, hot out of the oven, soft... amazing! I can definitely recommend this place. Service is quick and attentive enough; I really have no complaints.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“Not that great ! save your $$”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I went to this restaurant for a Friday night dinner, based on the raving reviews. We ordered 2 entrees, a chicken and a beef entree. The meat (chicken and beef) both tasted good, but not exceptional. I was surprised that there was barely any veggies or dips as we usually get in any middle eastern restaurant. To me it felt like meat and rice. The portions are smaller for a dinner entree and was definitely not satisfied with the portion.
The falafels were a joke. (6 tiny pieces for $7). I was telling my wife that the restaurant owners were really on a budget (based on the portion sizes). For the prices charged, I expected a better portion for dinner. I don't plan on coming back again to this place.

The decor was good, if that helps.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Geneva, New York
“Great Middle Eastern Food in Fairfax!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Went here based on Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed! I brought my Mother & sister along who normally wouldn't go for this type of food, but they both LOVED it! You have to know my Mother, kinda hard to please and fussy about her food...Well, she couldn't praise it enough and even stated "this is the best place I have eaten since being in Fairfax!" If you did know my Mother, this statement alone, says ALOT!!! LOL The food is delicius, presented well, and so GOOD! Service was great, friendly and with a smile, the restaurant is spotless! The dips are just fabulous, and so is the big, thin bread that is served along with them. We had a custard like dessert that was out of this world!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Herndon, Virginia
“Too Highly Rated for the taste or service...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is an average tasting afghan/pakistani place and I think one would not feel cheated here but the kabobs are somewhat dry and service is not so good. When I get a feeling that we are served as second class citizen while the waiters are serving okay to folks they feel they can extort more out of, I make it a point to pay them even less in tips. This would make them feel better as they judged us right :)
There are a lot better places out there that have much better tasting kebobs etc with compromised service why should one try Mazadar. I thought it would be Mazadar=tasty :(

• Visited October 2012