“Great graduation weekend for our Mason graduate!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4352 Mason Pond Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030   |
Ranked #5 of 23 hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersSilver level
Austin
“Great graduation weekend for our Mason graduate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at the Mason In for our daughter's Master's graduation and had a wonderful time. The room was large and very comfortable, the staff was engaging and helpful, and the location was outstanding. We were extremely pleased and will definitely stay there again. Two other couples traveled with us and enjoyed their stay at the Mason Inn as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Greetings MaryMAustin.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us for your daughters graduation. It is always a pleasure to play host to families during their times of joy.

Hope to see you again soon!

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Durham, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

It still looks brand new and very well maintained. The rooms are decent sized, we got a 2 bed room, has a coffee maker, no fridge, no microwave. No pool on the hotel grounds, its across the street and it owned by the University I believe. The interior of the rooms and the hotel lobby are both in very good condition, almost brand new. Parking is on the lower level of the hotel, you can park inside or outside. Indoor parking is limited to 1 level and some are reserved for fuel efficient vehicles. Plenty of outdoor parking space. There is a shuttle that brings you to the Vienna Metro(Orange train) every 30mins states the front desk. We waited almost an hour for it and it makes about 6 more stops before reaching the metro station and then once on the train its another 25mins to reach the Smithsonian stop. On the way back we waited for this shuttle but once it came, it signalled it will turn around but never did. We ended up taking a cab ride to the hotel after waiting another 22mins for that shuttle to "turn around". The driver saw us with 2kids in tow and he never stopped! Anyway the cab ride was around $17+$3 tip. Cab driver made several unnecessary turns around GMUniversity. 2nd day we decided to just drive there and it was a 16min drive(I missed the exit) and parked at the parking deck at the metro. Come early because it took us a bit of luck and 20mins to find a parking spot to open up. This was around 12noon. Parking fee is $4.75 per day. I used my credit card to pay and you pay on the way out.
This was our first trip to DC that we stayed far from downtown DC because it cost almost $300 to stay in downtown DC because of some big convention happening that week. Overall it was an interesting experience but cost of metro/parking/cab ride/inconvenience and time delays from the shuttle, I would not do this again. The hotel itself is awesome, conveniently close to some food places but not convenient enough when you bring the little ones.

• Stayed July 2013
Hello Evebert B.

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor. I appreciate the candid feedback that you provided for us. Feedback from our guests is a powerful tool that allows us to continually improve upon our services and amenities.

I have forwarded your concerns regarding the shuttle service, which is provided by George Mason University, to Transportation Services and we are arranging some time to discuss how to alleviate these issues in the future.

Thank you for sharing and I hope to see you again.

South Shore, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed at The Mason Inn for the second time in 3 months. We consistently find it to be a great experience. Rooms are large and a good value for the area. Staff is always very courteous and helpful. Will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello tbh421.

Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

I appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Madison Heights, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I did not find the value worth the stay. Do not eat in the resturant. We found it took 40 minutes to get our breakfast and they were out of tea, did not taost the english muffin and I could go on. It was a $50 breakfast that should have been $25. The room was nice and clean and the location was convenient to where we were visiting. I have stayed and hotels just as nice in the area for less money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi Angela M.

I appreciate you taking the time to send in your concerns regarding our breakfast offerings while you were with us. We take all of the feedback from our guests very seriously and will use this as a tool to improve our standards and service.

Thanks again for sharing.

Newnan, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The only reason I chose this location for my stay was trip advisor and the reviews. I was a bit skepical because I had no knowledge of the university. After staying there two nights, I would recommend this Inn to anyone visiting the area. The free parking and shuttle to DC metro made our trip to DC so incredibly easy. -- Very nice campus, too. Staff was kind and helpful. Only drawback I could find was there was no microwave anywhere for guests to use. Again, if you're in the area, it's a fantastic value if you want to sight see DC via the metro.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hello MrsSteward.

Thank you for your review of The Mason Inn. It is with feedback from folks just like you that we can continue to improve our services and products offered.

I was happy to hear that we made your stay so convenient and offered you a fantastic value.

Thanks again for staying with us and for recommending us on TripAdvisor.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Mason Inn is a relaxing get away close to everything. The staff is very accommodating, and tries to cater to every need. I needed a conference room - no problem. I have a gluten intolerance - again, no problem. Whenever I requested something that I needed for the room, it was always done in a timely fashion with respectful, friendly service. I have stayed here twice, and plan to go back. It is an excellent place to hold a convention, too.

Room Tip: I enjoy the corner rooms. I never hear any noise there.
Green Features: They use water savers but you wouldn't know it because the water pressure is very good. They also provide a recycling garbage can.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Greetings Tshark.

Thank you for your recent patronage of The Mason Inn and for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor.

I was so glad to hear that all of your needs were met with a "no problem" attitude. We pride ourselves on providing a superior product along side the best customer service.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again soon!

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Mason Inn was the best choice for George Mason students like me coming directly from the Dulles International Airport who needed an immediate convenient place to stay.

It was a combination of great value and location, may be better than other similar upscale hotels around if you are somehow related to George Mason University or Fairfax area nearby.

The general quality of service I received was superb. The staff working in the restaurant were especially kind, approachable, and helpful.

You won't find anything 'old' here, since the hotel is very new, modern, and clean--I was impressed by how the staff got the art of keeping the tidiness of this place down to a fine art. There were no stains on the furniture, carpet, or in the bathroom, making my stay all the more enjoyable. Overall, a great value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hello chrisksy.

Thank you for your review of The Mason Inn. It is always a pleasure to host our guests and especially our Mason students.

I shared your review with our housekeepers this morning and they were absolutely thrilled to hear your kind words regarding their hard work.

Thanks again, Go Mason!

Christopher.

Been to The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel? Share your experiences!