“Its ok” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Madison Heights, Michigan
“Its ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I did not find the value worth the stay. Do not eat in the resturant. We found it took 40 minutes to get our breakfast and they were out of tea, did not taost the english muffin and I could go on. It was a $50 breakfast that should have been $25. The room was nice and clean and the location was convenient to where we were visiting. I have stayed and hotels just as nice in the area for less money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hi Angela M.

I appreciate you taking the time to send in your concerns regarding our breakfast offerings while you were with us. We take all of the feedback from our guests very seriously and will use this as a tool to improve our standards and service.

Thanks again for sharing.

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Newnan, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The only reason I chose this location for my stay was trip advisor and the reviews. I was a bit skepical because I had no knowledge of the university. After staying there two nights, I would recommend this Inn to anyone visiting the area. The free parking and shuttle to DC metro made our trip to DC so incredibly easy. -- Very nice campus, too. Staff was kind and helpful. Only drawback I could find was there was no microwave anywhere for guests to use. Again, if you're in the area, it's a fantastic value if you want to sight see DC via the metro.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hello MrsSteward.

Thank you for your review of The Mason Inn. It is with feedback from folks just like you that we can continue to improve our services and products offered.

I was happy to hear that we made your stay so convenient and offered you a fantastic value.

Thanks again for staying with us and for recommending us on TripAdvisor.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Mason Inn is a relaxing get away close to everything. The staff is very accommodating, and tries to cater to every need. I needed a conference room - no problem. I have a gluten intolerance - again, no problem. Whenever I requested something that I needed for the room, it was always done in a timely fashion with respectful, friendly service. I have stayed here twice, and plan to go back. It is an excellent place to hold a convention, too.

Room Tip: I enjoy the corner rooms. I never hear any noise there.
Green Features: They use water savers but you wouldn't know it because the water pressure is very good. They also provide a recycling garbage can.
Greetings Tshark.

Thank you for your recent patronage of The Mason Inn and for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor.

I was so glad to hear that all of your needs were met with a "no problem" attitude. We pride ourselves on providing a superior product along side the best customer service.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again soon!

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Mason Inn was the best choice for George Mason students like me coming directly from the Dulles International Airport who needed an immediate convenient place to stay.

It was a combination of great value and location, may be better than other similar upscale hotels around if you are somehow related to George Mason University or Fairfax area nearby.

The general quality of service I received was superb. The staff working in the restaurant were especially kind, approachable, and helpful.

You won't find anything 'old' here, since the hotel is very new, modern, and clean--I was impressed by how the staff got the art of keeping the tidiness of this place down to a fine art. There were no stains on the furniture, carpet, or in the bathroom, making my stay all the more enjoyable. Overall, a great value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hello chrisksy.

Thank you for your review of The Mason Inn. It is always a pleasure to host our guests and especially our Mason students.

I shared your review with our housekeepers this morning and they were absolutely thrilled to hear your kind words regarding their hard work.

Thanks again, Go Mason!

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Mason Inn is a great value for the money--good rate, good service and use of the Mason University Shuttle to get to and from the Vienna Metro station for easy access to DC and the environs reachable by Metro and rail. I strongly recommend this hotel for comfort, service and value! They do have an acceptable restaurant but no other eateries close by without use of the university shuttle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Good Day Winifred W.

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at The Mason Inn. I appreciate the opportunity and am glad that we were both a "good value" and a "comfortable hotel".

I understand you comments about having no eateries close by without having to take the university shuttle. Boxwoods restaurant is our restaurant that serves Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Along with The Well Lounge and In Room Dining we can provide just about any meal that you could think of. In addition to dining with us there are quite a few restaurants in the area that are not only within a short drive or taxi ride to us but that deliver as well.

I look forward to see you again and thanks for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

atlanta, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

When I last wrote in March, I was staying at the Mason Inn visiting our daughter who is a student at George Mason University. One of my visits is always for her birthday. This was #22, and would be her last as an undergrad.

Unfortunately, there were several hundred cheer-leaders attending a tournament who were also staying at the hotel. The police were called over night. It was a disaster. I have never seen such rude, obnoxious 'adults' such as these. They were all from NY and NJ. Having grown up in NYC and moved to GA from NJ, it's been awhile since I've been around these types, but the stereotypes are hard to ignore.

Anyway, the next morning after check-in, Maryam, the front desk clerk had my room changed to a VIP floor (where there were no cheer-leaders). She also arranged for me to have breakfast in the dining room. Unfortunately, there was no escaping these obnoxious people. I ate and left ASAP.

Since my daughter and I spent a busy day sight-seeing, we just wanted to chill in the hotel's bar. Guess who else was there. We were at the opposite end. In all fairness, one does not go to a bar for solitude or quietness, neither of which we got. The food was good, the beer was cold, so I was happy. Again, surprisingly, our food was comped.

The birthday girl soon left to party with her friends. I spent a relaxing night in a nice, quiet room with a good iPad book.

Surprisingly, Maryam offered me breakfast again the next morning as I was walking by the front-desk. I actually preferred a little bagel shop in Fairfax, so went there instead.

My daughter and I then went into DC. Since it was St. Patrick's day, road's were closed b/c of parades and a marathon, but all was good. We parked and went to the Crime and Punishment museum. We thoroughly enjoyed this, until I had to pay to get out of the deck - $35.00!!

Back to the Mason Inn. Spent some nice quiet time in the bar - cheer-leaders were either gone or at their competition, so all was well.

I couldn't post sooner than 90 days after my last negative review. Since then we have stayed for an additional 4-5 days for her graduation, and we have reservations for 7/11-13, as we'll all be back in the area again on business.

It was very nice to be recognized by Maryam again when my husband and I checked in in May for the graduation. I'm looking forward to her friendly face when we check in in July. Maryam is definitely an asset to the Mason Inn and truly cares about the well-being of the guests.

This is absolutely my go to, wouldn't think of staying anywhere else hotel in the Fairfax/DC area. There may be slightly cheaper hotels, but they are total dumps. We never stayed in them, just passed them.

This is a beautifully clean, modern and new place. What's not to like - as long as there are no obnoxious cheer-leaders!

Since this place opened in, I believe it was 2010, we've probably stayed at least 10 times. I no longer look to see if anything is cheaper. I want clean and quiet, comfortable, without funky smells, and this is exactly what I get every time I stay at the Mason Inn.

For graduation, my husband and I had a king, and they brought a super roll-away for our daughter. She said it was more comfy than her bed at home, and definitely more comfortable than her dorm at GMU!! The room was huge and accommodated the three of us easily.

The absolute only negative I have is the 'special' of $1.00 per day breakfast in the dining room. It's a buffet, and it's the same stuff day after day. After the 4th or 5th day, we were so burnt out we didn't even eat there. Perhaps they might think of switching up the offerings if they are going to offer this incredibly priced meal. Or consider charging more, and making eggs to order.

Room Tip: I always get a highest floor, front of the building facing room - usually 7002 or 7003.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greetings again norcrossmom.

Thank you for your latest review of The Mason Inn. It is always a pleasure to host you and all of our Mason Families and we hope to have the opportunity to do so again.

I was very pleased to read that Maryam was instrumental in making your stays "awesome". And I know that she was ecstatic to read your review.

Thanks again and congratulations to your and your graduate and I hope that we will see you soon.

Kinston, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I rented 3 rooms for family members, we were attending a funeral. One of the rooms I had to rent at the last minute. When I checked online the prices had gone up $50/night. I contacted the internet reservation manager and he immediately discounted the price to match the first two rooms. The rooms were very clean, beds comfortable and front desk services excellent.

Hello KathyGilmore.

I wish that your reason for visiting us was a more pleasurable one but I do truly appreciate the opportunity to host you and your family.

Thank you for that opportunity and for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor.

Christopher.

Been to The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel? Share your experiences!