“No. 1 choice for GMU, probably for Fairfax” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4352 Mason Pond Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030   |
Ranked #5 of 23 hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersSilver level
upstate NY
“No. 1 choice for GMU, probably for Fairfax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

First time at the Mason Inn - three nights in late April. The staff were friendly, efficient and accommodating. My room was large, comfortable and well-appointed (iHome clock great for night charging of my iPhone :). And quiet (nice corner room- 5019). Housekeeping excellent. Was there for professional reasons and so I can say the conference rooms were fine. Boxwoods restaurant was great for the breakfast buffet (great selection and wonderful fresh fruit) and the Well (bar) was nice and served the restaurant's menu after it closed. Great free shuttle service to/from the Vienna metro station. Lemon water and apples always available in the lobby are a nice touch. I understand from a colleague that the hotel will provide you with a guest pass for the University gym.

Room Tip: I had a corner room on an upper floor- 5019. Quiet, roomy, nice King bed.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Greetings knight_w_o_armor

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. It is my expectation that we provide all of our guests with superior accomodations and service while they are with us and knowing that we accomplished that for you and your group is outstanding.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again.

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and love it, but both times I was given a large corner room with a very noisy fan. Next year I have to remember to ask for another room. I eat at the bar, the food was delicious and he service great.

Room Tip: Make sure no noisy fans in room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hello H2marcia.

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor!

It was a pleasure to host you and we look forward to your next visit. I have passed the information regarding the noisy fan on to our Chief Engineer and he will be looking into and solving the problem so that you can enjoy those spacious corner rooms without having to worry about the noise from the air handler.

Thanks again and see you soon!

NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed at the Mason Inn for 3 nights in April 2013. Our son had a graduate student recital at George Mason University. The room was huge and immaculate all 3 days. "The Well" lounge had good, but pricey drinks. The food, not so good. Had wings twice and were not thrilled either time. We had a light breakfast one morning, but chose to go out the other 2. The shuttle from the inn to the metro is awesome!

Room Tip: The corner rooms are a little more, but HUGE!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Good Day Fab50Mom.

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor. The Metro Shuttle is by far the most efficient way to get in and out of Washington from us and we are so glad that you found it to be awesome.

I have passed your comments regarding our food service to our Director of Food and Beverage and hope to have some enhancements to our menu before the next time you come to see us.

Thanks again and I hope to host you again soon!

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My first time staying at the Mason Inn to attend George Mason Open House with my daughter. The front desk check in was simple, room was clean, bed comfy, nice stay and conveniently located across from the college. I only wish they had a mini fridge in the room. Other than that it was great, I will be staying there everytime I come visit my daughter when she attends this Fall.

Hello Cynthia T!

I am so excited that you found us and that you had a great experience. We are excited for the opportunity to host you over the next few years with your daughter attending Mason. Have you joined our Mason Parents Rewards Club? Lots of exciting discounts and specials for events on and around campus.

Hope to see you again soon. Go Mason!

philadelphia, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

The Mason Inn is a terrific hotel and conference center on the George Mason University campus. We were in town for a concert, and booked a room due to the Inn's proximity to the arena. Super convenient - the Patriot Center is a five minute walk from the hotel - nice room, friendly staff, very satisfied. It was exactly what we were looking for in Fairfax. Thanks so much for your hospitality!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hello rdooz.

Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing you review of The Mason Inn on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure to host you as our guest while you were in town at the Patriot Center and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

West Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel was IMMACULATE. We enjoyed parking in the covered garage, elevator took us straight up to our room. Our double bed room was nicely decorated, beds & bedding clean & comfortable. The bathroom was spotless, clean towels, plenty of counter space, towel racks - A+ to housekeeping!!! Nice tray filled with coffee, tea to make in a small Cuisinart coffee/tea maker.

We were not familiar with the local restaurants & shopping. It would be so helpful if the hotel could add some information in its guest book about the town, and where to find places to eat (chain or locally owned restaurants) & shop. We did several loops around the area before finding a free public parking garage & a place to eat. Also, Front Desk staff could make more of an effort (at check in) to get to know their guests - and if they need directions to places.

We will definitely be back again!

Greetings S M.

Immaculate, nicely decorated, clean, comfortable, spotless, space, nice; thank you for sharing these words regarding our housekeeping. They truly appreciate receiving positive feedback that is a direct result of their hard work. And I appreciate you taking the time to share them with me.

I am however dismayed with the service you did not receive from the Front Desk. It is certainly my expectation that we know our guests and anticipate their needs to be able to exceed their expectations and I can assure you that this information will serve only to improve upon the quality of our service the we provide.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed here for two nights for a concert at the Patriot Center. It is a perfect location for the Patriot Center. Easy walking distance. The staff are incredibly helpful and nice, and everything we needed was immediately provided with a smile. The downside is we needed a lot. It seemed like each day there were at least 5 different things we had to call the front desk about, things that should have been provided. You could also say we are high maintenance though. We had a light burnt out in our room, we were out of Kleenex, we ran out of coffee packets, our room service breakfast was missing three things we ordered (bacon, toast, and coffee). However, that being said, everytime we called, the problem was immediately corrected. The staff were consistently nice and hospitable. The cleaning crew were really nice. We had dinner once at the bar, and it was satisfactory. Nothing special, but good enough. If you want food other than from the hotel restaurant, your choices are limited if you don't have a car. However there are a couple fast food places over the hill past the Patriot Center. Also we ordered pizza from NY Pizza one night. The location to the Patriot Center was ideal. Overall it was OK.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Kristen B.

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay while you were in Fairfax for an event at the Patriot Center. We think we are the ideal location for folks coming out for various events. Did you know that the Patriot Center hosts more than 200 unique events each year?

I certainly would not say that you were high maintenence. The items that you listed in your review are items that should be standard for our hotel. In fact I pride myself on being able to anticipate the needs of my guests so that I can exceed their expectations. For not being able to do that for you I am terribly sorry.

I would like the opportunity to discuss the matter with your further if you would like to contact me at the hotel I would be most grateful.

Christopher.

Been to The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel? Share your experiences!