“Another Great Stay at the Mason Inn” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4352 Mason Pond Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030   |
Ranked #6 of 23 hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manasquan, New Jersey
“Another Great Stay at the Mason Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have a son who attends George Mason and we find this hotel very convenient when visiting him. The hotel is immaculate and the rooms are quite comfy.The staff is always pleasant and courteous and parking accessibility very easy. I would highly recommend this hotel you can not go wrong. Already booked for Graduation!

Room Tip: The view overlooking the campus is a plus at night.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Hello ShoreGirl99.

We are getting ready just like you for graduation! It will surely be an exciting time for all.

Thank you for your continued patronage over the last few years and hopefully we will be able to maintain that relationship for many more to come.

Thanks again.

Go Mason!

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This is the place to stay when we visit son @ GMU. Staff are pleasant and professional usually students. The rooms have always been clean, beds are comfortable. The food is good and the location is convenient for visitors of the University

• Stayed February 2013
Hi DDarling2.

Just a quick note of appreciation for the opportunity to host you as our guest and a huge thank you for your comments regarding your stay!

I hope to see you again!

Pittstown, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My daughter and I are doing college visits, staying in numerous hotels. At this point we are making comparisons. When it comes to the Mason Inn it is top on the list.
After a long journey, you want a comfortable, up to date room. Mason Inn rooms are clean, decorated well and up to date.
The carpets are fresh, the decor lovely. For us the beds were very comfortable. The curtains shut and block out light just right.

Staff was so very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was delightful.
I felt refreshed and happy there.

You can not go wrong staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Hello Deborah G.

I always get excited when I see parent bringing their children to George Mason University for college visits. It makes me proud to be a small part of such a monumental decision and I hope that you and your daughter will choose to come to Mason so that we can build on that relationship with your family!

Thank you for choosing to spend your time with us and for sharing your experiences with TripAdvisor.

Go Mason!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Once again, had a great stay at the Mason Inn Conference Center! Had a mild issue at check in that was quickly and courteously resolved by the staff. Boxwoods was delicious, if a bit pricey.
My one issue with the hotel continues to be the beds. First of all, they just, for lack of a better term, feel wrong, whether it's the mattress or the unusual box-spring, I'm not sure. Second of all they don't seem to really have a bottom sheet, the fitted sheet that looked like was really scratchy, so I slept on the unfitted sheet. Additionally, the hotel could use better soundproofing as the room next door could be clearly heard through the wall.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello sglbgg!

Thank you for your continued patronage of The Mason Inn and for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor! It is with feedback from guests just like yourself that we are able to continually able to make improvements to the product and service that we offer.

With that being said I am glad to hear about us being able to resolve the issue at check in that you experienced and have taken your comments about our mattresses back to our housekeeping team to find a solution to your concerns. I am excited to be able to tell you that we have recently started the process of replacing the fitted sheets for our bedding and am currently working with our vendors to eliminate the "scartchy" issue that we have noticed with our sheets and will have this project completed in just a few short weeks.

Thanks again for staying and for sharing with us!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were comfortable and really appreciated how clean and beautiful the hotel was. Our only complaint was the service staff's odd response when we requested an additional glass for water. The staff claimed that no extra glass existed and responded with confusion about our request rather than immediate desire to rectify the situation. That rubbed me the wrong way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello Vince E.

I wanted to take some time to thank you for staying with us. I know that you have many options when looking for hotels and truly appreciate you choosing to stay with us. It was a pleasure hosting you.

I am a little perplexed by your comments regarding the water glass for your room and have taken action to ensure that this breakdown in communication does not happen again.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to Fairfax you will come to see us again!

Wheeling, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This is truely a great hotel. We drove from WV up for a Mumford and Sons concert on VDay and figured this was the closest. In fact it was so close to the Patriot center we just walked over. YaY no crazy concert traffic!!! The only complaint is that the morning we were leaving I got thevstomache flu so we decided on room service instead of humiliating myself at a restaurant. Well it took about and hour and a half to get to the room. It looked good enough but we didnt get to eat it because we were in such a hurry to grt home. Another bad thing is they never offered a discount or ahnything for the slow service and I am pretty sure they actually just forgot.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Hello BattyEyes.

Thank you for staying with us for your Valentines Day concert with Mumford and Sons. We truly appreciated and enjoyed hosting you and all of the concert attendees! With such a great proximity to the Patriot Center we cannot see why someone would choose to stay anywhere else.

I do hope that you are feeling better than you did when you checked out of the hotel.

And I would like to apologize for the trouble that you experienced with your in room dining. If you could contact me at the hotel I would be happy to look into the matter further and find out a cause and offer a resolution. You can reach me at Christopher.Sollars@TheMasonInnVA.com
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I'm a frequent traveler, have stayed at a lot of hotels, and I'll go on the record saying The Mason Inn is in my top 5 of great hotels I’ve stayed at (Graves 601 Hotel in Minneapolis, MN is my #1)! Whether you're in town on company business or for leisure travel, The Mason Inn suits both type of travelers.

My wife and I stayed at The Mason Inn in January 2013 and paid $278 for our 2-night stay. We looked downtown and just didn't want to pay the price for a downtown hotel. With The Mason Inn, we got a hotel that was (A) in a safe area, (B) reasonably priced, (C) near public transportation, (D) a newer hotel property (E) and the room was very nice and clean. The building itself (inside and out) is very modern (or “swanky” as my wife would say). The service was great too.

On one of the mornings, my wife and I got up early to take the first hotel shuttle that would take us to the Metro. Right when we were about to leave, we got a letter underneath our door that said the shuttle was going to run 2-3 hours later than expected. In the letter, the hotel manager also apologized for the inconvenience and offered complimentary breakfast. We were in a hurry and couldn't wait (couldn't take advantage of the complimentary breakfast either), so we drove our rental car from the hotel to the Metro. When we got back to the hotel later that evening, I called the restaurant and explained that we missed the offer on complimentary breakfast and wanted to know if we could get dinner complimentary instead. The restaurant manager was very accommodating and said yes. It never hurts to ask right!?

Overall, our stay was great and my wife and I didn't have any complaints about The Mason Inn. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Hello Thomas B.

What a weekend the 2013 Presidential Inauguration was!

Thank you for choosing to spend it with us. It was a pleasure hosting you and everyone that was here for this big event. I appreciate your understanding with regard to the Metro Shuttle. It was something that seemed to just creep up on us and in the end we were able to secure the transportation for our guests early in the morning but I am glad that you were able to make use of our offer in Boxwood Restaurant.

I appreciate your comments, your staying with us and for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.

Christopher.

Been to The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel? Share your experiences!