“Clean, Friendly, and nice Bar” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4352 Mason Pond Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030   |
Ranked #5 of 23 hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wheeling, West Virginia
“Clean, Friendly, and nice Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This is truely a great hotel. We drove from WV up for a Mumford and Sons concert on VDay and figured this was the closest. In fact it was so close to the Patriot center we just walked over. YaY no crazy concert traffic!!! The only complaint is that the morning we were leaving I got thevstomache flu so we decided on room service instead of humiliating myself at a restaurant. Well it took about and hour and a half to get to the room. It looked good enough but we didnt get to eat it because we were in such a hurry to grt home. Another bad thing is they never offered a discount or ahnything for the slow service and I am pretty sure they actually just forgot.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Hello BattyEyes.

Thank you for staying with us for your Valentines Day concert with Mumford and Sons. We truly appreciated and enjoyed hosting you and all of the concert attendees! With such a great proximity to the Patriot Center we cannot see why someone would choose to stay anywhere else.

I do hope that you are feeling better than you did when you checked out of the hotel.

And I would like to apologize for the trouble that you experienced with your in room dining. If you could contact me at the hotel I would be happy to look into the matter further and find out a cause and offer a resolution. You can reach me at Christopher.Sollars@TheMasonInnVA.com

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I'm a frequent traveler, have stayed at a lot of hotels, and I'll go on the record saying The Mason Inn is in my top 5 of great hotels I’ve stayed at (Graves 601 Hotel in Minneapolis, MN is my #1)! Whether you're in town on company business or for leisure travel, The Mason Inn suits both type of travelers.

My wife and I stayed at The Mason Inn in January 2013 and paid $278 for our 2-night stay. We looked downtown and just didn't want to pay the price for a downtown hotel. With The Mason Inn, we got a hotel that was (A) in a safe area, (B) reasonably priced, (C) near public transportation, (D) a newer hotel property (E) and the room was very nice and clean. The building itself (inside and out) is very modern (or “swanky” as my wife would say). The service was great too.

On one of the mornings, my wife and I got up early to take the first hotel shuttle that would take us to the Metro. Right when we were about to leave, we got a letter underneath our door that said the shuttle was going to run 2-3 hours later than expected. In the letter, the hotel manager also apologized for the inconvenience and offered complimentary breakfast. We were in a hurry and couldn't wait (couldn't take advantage of the complimentary breakfast either), so we drove our rental car from the hotel to the Metro. When we got back to the hotel later that evening, I called the restaurant and explained that we missed the offer on complimentary breakfast and wanted to know if we could get dinner complimentary instead. The restaurant manager was very accommodating and said yes. It never hurts to ask right!?

Overall, our stay was great and my wife and I didn't have any complaints about The Mason Inn. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Hello Thomas B.

What a weekend the 2013 Presidential Inauguration was!

Thank you for choosing to spend it with us. It was a pleasure hosting you and everyone that was here for this big event. I appreciate your understanding with regard to the Metro Shuttle. It was something that seemed to just creep up on us and in the end we were able to secure the transportation for our guests early in the morning but I am glad that you were able to make use of our offer in Boxwood Restaurant.

I appreciate your comments, your staying with us and for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.

Chesterfield, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had a two day business conference here with people from around the country. Rooms are spacious and clean. Seems newer but has a "Mason" like feeling too with lights in hall ways. Restaurant has a good breakfast buffet. Lobby is very nice. Our only draw back was that the conference was a five minute walk and it was in the teens outside. Some people did not bring heavy coats.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Hello PhoenisSunDog!

It was truly a pleasure to host you and your group recently. We hope to have the opportunity to do so again!

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor.

Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel should be advertised, it's hidden and is a GREAT AREA. It just so happens to be located on George Mason campus! It's awesome! The rooms are updated, clean, flat screens, workout room, room service, and guest service is very professional and pleasant! This is somewhere we will keep coming back!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Hello NikkiNicole704.

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to host you and we hope to see you again soon!

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I enjoyed staying at the Mason Inn. It is within walking distance of about all of the George Mason campus. Park your car in the garage and do not have to worry about alternate places (to park). Staff was courteous, professional, processing check in / check out in an efficient fashion. Room was clean, beds comfortable. Breakfast was a real treat, plenty of selections of a more than adequate breakfast and waiters/waitresses checking your coffee/juice. I have stayed at hotels around the world, the Mason Inn is not grandiose, it's just refreshing and a very comfortable place to stay. Everything works the way it should. (1) I recommend this hotel as a worthwhile stay and (2) I will stay here again, when in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Good day kdmumbert.

I had the opportunity to read your review of The Mason Inn. I am delighted that we were able to meet or exceed all of your expectations while you were with us.

I appreciate you choosing to stay with us; I appreciate you sharing your experience and I appreciate you recommending us to other travelers!

Thanks again.

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night for a friends wedding. I arrived in a hurry having been delayed at the airport. The front desk staff took less than 30 seconds to find my reservation and hand me a key to my room. The room was very clean and comfortable. The wedding itself was great! The hotel staff was very hard working and responsive to anything guests needed. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I needed a room in the George Mason area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hello TravellingHokie7!

We were so glad to host you and everyone that was attending the wedding. It is a great feeling knowing that we play a small part in the start of a journey for a couple.

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor!

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Wow, I cannot not say enough about the staff at The Mason Inn Hotel what an Outstanding team. I was inpressed by the excellent, efficient staff so much that I remembered there names. there was Leslie, Alexis, Morgan and Chris at the front desk and Cendy C, Elio B, and Brittany Layell in the diningroom I say give them all a raise!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hi Evette!

It was such a pleasure to host you and the Jazz Informance here at The Mason Inn.

I am so glad that you had such a splendid time and thank you for pointing out the excellence of so many of our staff members. I shared this with them and their managers and they were absolutely delighted to get recognized for the role that they played in your stay.

I hope to see you again!

Christopher.

Been to The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel? Share your experiences!