I'm a frequent traveler, have stayed at a lot of hotels, and I'll go on the record saying The Mason Inn is in my top 5 of great hotels I’ve stayed at (Graves 601 Hotel in Minneapolis, MN is my #1)! Whether you're in town on company business or for leisure travel, The Mason Inn suits both type of travelers.
My wife and I stayed at The Mason Inn in January 2013 and paid $278 for our 2-night stay. We looked downtown and just didn't want to pay the price for a downtown hotel. With The Mason Inn, we got a hotel that was (A) in a safe area, (B) reasonably priced, (C) near public transportation, (D) a newer hotel property (E) and the room was very nice and clean. The building itself (inside and out) is very modern (or “swanky” as my wife would say). The service was great too.
On one of the mornings, my wife and I got up early to take the first hotel shuttle that would take us to the Metro. Right when we were about to leave, we got a letter underneath our door that said the shuttle was going to run 2-3 hours later than expected. In the letter, the hotel manager also apologized for the inconvenience and offered complimentary breakfast. We were in a hurry and couldn't wait (couldn't take advantage of the complimentary breakfast either), so we drove our rental car from the hotel to the Metro. When we got back to the hotel later that evening, I called the restaurant and explained that we missed the offer on complimentary breakfast and wanted to know if we could get dinner complimentary instead. The restaurant manager was very accommodating and said yes. It never hurts to ask right!?
Overall, our stay was great and my wife and I didn't have any complaints about The Mason Inn. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.
- Also Known As:
- The Mason Inn Hotel
- The Mason Inn Hotel Fairfax
- The Mason Inn Conference Center And Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- : Inspired by the patriot spirit of George Mason, The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel provides an exceptional environment for work, study and special occasions in the center of Northern Virginia. As the Official Hotel and Conference Center of George Mason University this pristine hotel is dedicated to excellence in service and sustainability, as well as creating an environment conducive to learning and relaxing. The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel is nestled among a natural wooded setting on the south side of the University’s Campus in Fairfax, Virginia. The Conference Center & Hotel is distinguished as LEED-certified Gold by the U.S. Green Building Council, and is the only full-service, upscale hotel in Fairfax and near George Mason University.Conveniently located with direct access from Route 123, The Mason Inn is easily accessible from throughout Virginia and the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area. The Conference Center & Hotel offers all of the amenities of the George Mason University Campus and The Patriot Center, including accessible complimentary scheduled shuttle service around George Mason Campus, and to and from the Vienna Metro stop based on the University's weekday and weekend schedules. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.