I was a little leery of staying at a hotel on the George Mason University campus, but I can whole-heatedly recommend the Mason Inn. It's very new and well laid out. The rooms are large, clean and well laid out. Front desk staff was very efficient at check-in and check-out. We were there for a corporate dinner event and the food and staff were terrific as were the bartenders. It seems like a little thing, but the chairs at dinner were actually comfortable. I've been to a number of ballroom dinner events where I could not wait to get up, the chairs were so bad.
It's on the perimeter of the campus, which is probably why it's nice and quiet.
I had checked the google before we left so knew how to get there, but several of our group got turned around looking for the entrance.
Another minor nit pick is that on Sunday they have a brunch that starts at 11. If you want to have breakfast at 10:30, as we did, you get the tail ends of the early sitting and they would rather you left so they could set up for brunch.
That said, a very good experience.
- Also Known As:
- The Mason Inn Conference Center And Hotel
- The Mason Inn Hotel Fairfax
- The Mason Inn Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- : Inspired by the patriot spirit of George Mason, The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel provides an exceptional environment for work, study and special occasions in the center of Northern Virginia. As the Official Hotel and Conference Center of George Mason University this pristine hotel is dedicated to excellence in service and sustainability, as well as creating an environment conducive to learning and relaxing. The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel is nestled among a natural wooded setting on the south side of the University’s Campus in Fairfax, Virginia. The Conference Center & Hotel is distinguished as LEED-certified Gold by the U.S. Green Building Council, and is the only full-service, upscale hotel in Fairfax and near George Mason University.Conveniently located with direct access from Route 123, The Mason Inn is easily accessible from throughout Virginia and the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area. The Conference Center & Hotel offers all of the amenities of the George Mason University Campus and The Patriot Center, including accessible complimentary scheduled shuttle service around George Mason Campus, and to and from the Vienna Metro stop based on the University's weekday and weekend schedules. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Venere, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.