“Very Happy” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
“Very Happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at the Mason Inn because it was the closest (of course) hotel to the GMU campus and where my son lives while at school. I couldn't have been more impressed. All of the staff was very friendly and professional. All were helpful. The bar was well run. While I didn't eat while I was onsite, I did see the food that others were ordering, and it looked wonderful.

The room was very comfortable, and the beds were well done. The Business Center was also well maintained and had everything that I needed.

I would happily stay at the Mason Inn again and would easily recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hi Lynn M.

I am so glad that we opened a hotel here on campus. A lot of parents get to see their kids more often being so close to them on campus and I am glad that you are able to take advantage of our perfect location to do that.

I hope to see you again soon!

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Hamilton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was our 3rd stay at The Mason Inn, we find it very clean and easy access to GMU! My son is a Sophmore this year, and I am sure we will be staying a few more times unitl he graduates. We would even stay after that if we wanted to visit VA or DC great location! Without the hassle or prices $$$ of DC hotels.

The Staff is very friendly and the food, drinks are moderately priced and very good!

We are looking forward to many more stays at the Inn. We are also looking forward to staying for Graduation in 2015! In fact the whole family will be coming along!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Greetings AnneP0707.

Thank you so much for your continued patronage of The Mason Inn and for sharing your remarks with TripAdvisor.

It is a pleasure having you as our guest repeatedly and look forward to many more trips to visit your son!

See you soon.

Lebanon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We just can't say enough positive things about this hotel! From the minute we walked in the door to the minute we left, everything was great. The rooms were spotless, the customer service was exceptional, the cleaning staff were friendly and great at their jobs, the fitness room was great, and the overall atmosphere was beautiful. We highly recommend this hotel to everyone. We can't wait to go back to the Fairfax area so that we can stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Good Day Janell Ace H.

I am so pleased that you "can't say enough positive things" about us. It is so great to hear the positive comments that you had especially regarding our staff. They work so hard and get so much reward from hearing the positive feedback from folks like you here on TripAdvisor.

I appreciate the opportunity to host you and look forward to seeing you again!

Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was our second time to stay here because our son is a student at GMU. The hotel is right on the campus so it's convenient to all functions; as well, as downtown Fairfax that is only minutes away. One advantage that is often overlooked is its underground parking that is drive in on street level with access to the elevators just a short distance away. There are usually a couple of rolling carts for transporting luggage in the elevator vestibule as well. This is so nice! It's protected and you don't have to deal with the elements. The rooms are very nice and generally quiet; although, this visit we had some excited college students for a short time that didn't affect our sleep at all. Finally, besides the attractive, spacious lobby and welcoming staff, there is a WONDERFUL breakfast buffet that I believe was moderately priced in comparison with high end restaurants. Except for an on-site cook, the variety and quality of food is the same and one may order from either the menu or choose the large buffet without parallel for the price. Smoothies.... really??? and delicious as well. We're looking forward to our visit back at graduation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Hello Helen K.

What an awesome compliment as to have the pleasure to host you repeatedly and that you are already looking forward to graduation!

I must say that we get a little teary eyed when graduation rolls around and the families that we got to know from dropping their freshman off at college move on to another part of their lives but we are touched to have been able to play a small part.

I do hope that we will see you again soon and thanks for taking the time to share your experiences here on TripAdvisor.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have to say, I was kind of sad that this was our first stay on our trip....because it was so wonderful! Every place we stayed at afterwards paled in comparison. We just needed a place to stay for the night that was close to DC but without the hassles and cost of the city. The Mason Inn fit the bill with incredibly comfortable accommodations and a wonderful staff to boot. We were greeted warmly and check in was a breeze. Our room was lovely and I had a hard time leaving the bed once I plopped down for a minute to rest. Once I was able to peel myself from it, we ventured down to the bar for a few drinks which was really pleasant and we ordered room service from the restaurant for breakfast the next day. Again, every person that we encountered was extremely nice and helpful. My ONLY complaint....and it's a little one....is that I would have expected a tiny bit more from the room service. While the food we ordered was great and arrived at the time we requested, there were just a few things missing. I ordered toast and the bread I got was not toasted and no jelly....why no jelly with the "toast"? No condiments like ketchup, salt, pepper....or jelly. We paid $2.95 per cup of coffee and that meant two small cups of coffee and not a carafe like I've gotten from other hotels (I could have made the free cup in the room). Again, those are just some nitpicky things because the food was really good...but...in the future, I would probably go downstairs for the buffet for less than we paid for room service. Now back to the good stuff.....easy parking, wifi worked without a hitch and the exercise facilities were modest but were nice with towels and complimentary bottles of water. I would definitely stay here again. Seriously one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in! We loved it.

Hello frankenoodle.

I too am sorry that this was your first time with us but I do hope that we have won you over and will get to host you again!

I appreciated your comments regarding check in and the comfort of the bedding in the room and took the comments regarding the things you call "nitpicky" to heart. We take this feedback very seriously and are looking at the little things that make a big difference.

Again thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and I hope to see you again soon!

Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a really nice, new conference center and hotel built on the campus of George Mason University. The decor in the lobby was very well done, the parking was easy, the location was very easy to find, and my room was clean and comfortable. The staff was exceedingly helpful and nice. The room rate was also a great value especially considering how nice the hotel was.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Hello CvilleS.

I just wanted to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experiences with TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to host you and hope to do so again!

Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife & I were visiting our daughter at GMU. We've stayed in several other local hotels/motels in the Fairfax area--the Mason Inn had been booked in the past. Fortunately for us, it was available this time. The room, the lobby/front desk, the restaurant, the staff, the value (thanks to AAA): all A+.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Christopher S, Front Office Manager at The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Hello Jim E.

I am so glad that we were able to get you in, it sounds like you have had to stay elsewhere when visiting your daughter and that is no good. Have you heard about our new GMU Parents Rewards Club? Let us know if you would be interested in additional information.

Christopher.

Been to The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel? Share your experiences!