Stayed here March of this year for 3 days (in wednesday out saturday). Got this room on priceline .... i knew there was a catch to getting a room this nice at 45 bucks a night where 2 of the days of the stay were weekdays.
Good: One of the nicest hotels i've been in ... everything was/is brand-new, beautiful, perfect condition. Decoration was nice, best sleep i've ever gotten in a hotel I wanted to take the bed with me....I think I even asked them how much were the pillows. Room-service was nice, remember them giving me extra waters just because and the room was delicious, everything I ordered was awesome....i ate a lot of room service i'll get to why in the cons tho. Fastest and free internet i've ever experienced in a hotel....almost as fast as my very hi-speed wireless at home. Nice front desk.
Cons: Snooty front restaurant staff, at least the 2 ladies I remember asking about warming something up for me in their microwave which the only one in the entire hotel was in the kitchen (weird). Oh yeah no fridge or microwave in my room and couldn't request any. I ordered a lot of room service because I was in the WORST LOCATION EVER. The location alone made me DEATHLY AFRAID to bid 3 star on priceline for fairfax ever again. It's stuck up inside of GMU campus....it's ON GMU campus....terrible terrible location if you have absolutely nothing GMU related going on in your life. I felt like I stuck stranded out in the boonies. Public trans forget about it unless you want to share the school's bus transportation for the student or you'll have to get a cab. So.....hope you have a car. And the whole "you need a keycard to use the elevator" was super annoying. I feel bad to give such a nice hotel such a sucky rating.... but the location killed it....I can't put inton enough words how much I hate the location this hotel is in and for that I'd never want to stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- The Mason Inn Hotel Fairfax
- The Mason Inn Hotel
- The Mason Inn Conference Center And Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- : Inspired by the patriot spirit of George Mason, The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel provides an exceptional environment for work, study and special occasions in the center of Northern Virginia. As the Official Hotel and Conference Center of George Mason University this pristine hotel is dedicated to excellence in service and sustainability, as well as creating an environment conducive to learning and relaxing. The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel is nestled among a natural wooded setting on the south side of the University’s Campus in Fairfax, Virginia. The Conference Center & Hotel is distinguished as LEED-certified Gold by the U.S. Green Building Council, and is the only full-service, upscale hotel in Fairfax and near George Mason University.Conveniently located with direct access from Route 123, The Mason Inn is easily accessible from throughout Virginia and the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area. The Conference Center & Hotel offers all of the amenities of the George Mason University Campus and The Patriot Center, including accessible complimentary scheduled shuttle service around George Mason Campus, and to and from the Vienna Metro stop based on the University's weekday and weekend schedules. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, EasyToBook, Tingo and Otel so you can book your The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.