My husband & I were in town for a concert at the Patriot Center and wanted to stay a couple of days within walking distance....this was the only hotel we could find. Normally we choose "chain" hotels but decided to stay at the Mason Inn for the convenience factor -- we were so glad we did! First of all, it is a beautiful hotel which we did not expect for the price -- we stayed in the corner king room which was very clean and spacious -- all the amenities except a little refrigerator (that's just something I prefer to keep any room service "extras" fresh). The bed was very firm (great for my husband -- not necessarily for me, but still comfortable). The hotel is situated within the George Mason campus so we expected a bunch of rowdy college kids to be hanging around but it was just the opposite! We met one young lady who is a student there & she was very helpful & professional with us. In fact, the hotel was filled with friendly people & everyone we had dealings with were extremely accommodating. The hotel grounds are beautiful & it was a pleasant walk to the Patriot Center -- about a ten minute walk. The only negative thing I would say is the hotel allows dogs & there was one near to us that kept barking, although we never saw it (this is the only reason I rated the "sleep quality" less than excellent). This could be a problem if anyone is allergic to certain dander; otherwise, I highly recommend this hotel if you are ever in the Fairfax area!
- Also Known As:
- The Mason Inn Hotel Fairfax
- The Mason Inn Hotel
- The Mason Inn Conference Center And Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- : Inspired by the patriot spirit of George Mason, The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel provides an exceptional environment for work, study and special occasions in the center of Northern Virginia. As the Official Hotel and Conference Center of George Mason University this pristine hotel is dedicated to excellence in service and sustainability, as well as creating an environment conducive to learning and relaxing. The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel is nestled among a natural wooded setting on the south side of the University’s Campus in Fairfax, Virginia. The Conference Center & Hotel is distinguished as LEED-certified Gold by the U.S. Green Building Council, and is the only full-service, upscale hotel in Fairfax and near George Mason University.Conveniently located with direct access from Route 123, The Mason Inn is easily accessible from throughout Virginia and the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area. The Conference Center & Hotel offers all of the amenities of the George Mason University Campus and The Patriot Center, including accessible complimentary scheduled shuttle service around George Mason Campus, and to and from the Vienna Metro stop based on the University's weekday and weekend schedules. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, EasyToBook, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.