This hotel is a new hotel, built 2010, with everything in excellent condition. The staff are super friendly, the facilities are excellent, and the extras in the bar and restaurant aren't cheap but are nevertheless well priced.
The promotional photos undersell just how good this is. The room was comfortable and spacious, the bed great, and the location as quiet and comfortable as you could wish for.
Oh and it's a great Priceline trip. I thought I'd got a steal but actually I probably overbid.
The fitness center in the hotel is basic but it's just across the way from the superb GMU campus fitness center if you need to work out; unless you only want a very basic treadmill type arrangement, that's a much better option.
The location is good but not great ... public transport is limited, although there is a shuttle bus. If you want to go downtown into DC then it's maybe a little too far out to be practical - but that is the only reason I'd not return if I were anywhere nearby.
- Also Known As:
- The Mason Inn Hotel Fairfax
- The Mason Inn Hotel
- The Mason Inn Conference Center And Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- : Inspired by the patriot spirit of George Mason, The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel provides an exceptional environment for work, study and special occasions in the center of Northern Virginia. As the Official Hotel and Conference Center of George Mason University this pristine hotel is dedicated to excellence in service and sustainability, as well as creating an environment conducive to learning and relaxing. The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel is nestled among a natural wooded setting on the south side of the University’s Campus in Fairfax, Virginia. The Conference Center & Hotel is distinguished as LEED-certified Gold by the U.S. Green Building Council, and is the only full-service, upscale hotel in Fairfax and near George Mason University.Conveniently located with direct access from Route 123, The Mason Inn is easily accessible from throughout Virginia and the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area. The Conference Center & Hotel offers all of the amenities of the George Mason University Campus and The Patriot Center, including accessible complimentary scheduled shuttle service around George Mason Campus, and to and from the Vienna Metro stop based on the University's weekday and weekend schedules. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, EasyToBook, Tingo and Otel so you can book your The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.