Stayed at the Mason Inn for one night. My friend and I were lucky to find a good rate at the Mason Inn for $89/night. It was the only decent DC area hotel reasonably priced for that one evening. All the reviews about the Mason being nice, new and clean are true. We had a double corner room and it was furnished in a modern style and the toiletries were quite good. Unfortunately for us we arrived late night in dc on a rainy and had to take the metro to the end of the orange line (Vienna metro) and then rush to catch the last shuttle to the Inn. We decided to take a cab instead from the metro (around $17) instead of waiting for the shuttle which runs every half hour. Check out was smooth--we stopped for breakfast at the Hotel restaurant--ordering a la carte, we found their portion sizes to be on the large side (if that's your preference!). We took the free shuttle from the hotel at 730am and didn't get to downtown dc until almost 9am. So be warned: it is a bit far from the city--the shuttle had to make all campus stops and then navigate through some serious AM traffic. Also the vienna metro is the very end of the orange line, which is a 33 minute ride. I think the mason is perfect if you have to be in the Vienna/Fairfax area or on campus at GMU--but if you need to be in DC, be prepared to spend some extra time getting there.
Oh, and the fitness room in the hotel is really small (actually in a renovated corner hotel room)--i'd recommend checking out the rec center attached to the University--it is truly state of the art adn you have free access as a hotel guest. One good thing about the hotel gym is that there are free full-sized bottles of water.
- Also Known As:
- The Mason Inn Conference Center And Hotel
- The Mason Inn Hotel Fairfax
- The Mason Inn Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- : Inspired by the patriot spirit of George Mason, The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel provides an exceptional environment for work, study and special occasions in the center of Northern Virginia. As the Official Hotel and Conference Center of George Mason University this pristine hotel is dedicated to excellence in service and sustainability, as well as creating an environment conducive to learning and relaxing. The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel is nestled among a natural wooded setting on the south side of the University’s Campus in Fairfax, Virginia. The Conference Center & Hotel is distinguished as LEED-certified Gold by the U.S. Green Building Council, and is the only full-service, upscale hotel in Fairfax and near George Mason University.Conveniently located with direct access from Route 123, The Mason Inn is easily accessible from throughout Virginia and the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area. The Conference Center & Hotel offers all of the amenities of the George Mason University Campus and The Patriot Center, including accessible complimentary scheduled shuttle service around George Mason Campus, and to and from the Vienna Metro stop based on the University's weekday and weekend schedules. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Venere, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.